Seahawks T.E. Situation

Largent80

Reaction score
With the release of Miller, and Thomas more than likely headed to Jax. our options are down to Mother Hubbard zone.

We have Willson..still has upside but his hands are a bit too hard.

Moeaki...Hard to get a grip on him.

Helfet....Not much experience and also kinda unknown.

McCoy...2 achilles tendon tears in 2 years and both feet.

Cameron from Cleveland has had 3 concussions in 2 years and that is a huge risk to take him in F.A.
It looks like we will address this via the draft, and outside of Maxx Williams and Walford from Miami, the pickins are slim.

What do you guys think we should / will do?

Hyak

Reaction score
I think they will make a run at Cameron and also re-sign Moeaki. Then let it all sort itself out in camp.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I know its a gamble but if the price is right I would still like to see Cameron. He is a legitimate top 4 receiving TE IF he can stay healthy. We are desperate enough for offensive talent that I think the gamble is worth it. I know I'm in the minority but that is the direction I hope we go. Cameron is someone defensive coaches have to game plan for and he definitely tilts the field. Not sure anyone else out there is capable of that.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Hawks might as well get creative and see if there's a way to craft a contract that Miami won't match for Clay.

Hendo66

Reaction score
It seems they like Cameron but it is scary going after anybody with injury history like his. If they want one of the top two
TE's in the draft probably going to have to reach and get one too early. Tough spot. I wouldn't rule out a trade to address
TE or WR for that matter. I like Willson and they need to throw him the ball more often but really need to get another TE....

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
WmHBonney":2sg26ytz said:
Any thoughts on Jermaine Gresham?

Not as complete a TE as Cameron, but also not injury/concussion prone either.

Don't think it'll matter, looks like the Raiders are going to sign him today.

Bottom line, we better sign somebody, cause going into 2015 with Willson, Helfet and a rookie? No bueno.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
With all the money we have laid out in the secondary and LB's, then RB and Wilson and Wags coming up, it just seems like we are in a tough spot at TE.

Maybe they will get creative and use Gilliam.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Not big on Cameron; the guy had one good season in four with a browns team that had nobody else. I'm not against getting him but I definitely don't want to break the bank. Not really much out there though.

I still like Willson. but he has to work on some things.

someone mentioned virgil green who interested me a while back but not so sure; with the Broncos letting Julius Thomas bail, you'd think if Green were any good peyton would make sure they held on to him.

We could see Miller back, wouldn't surprise me. He was cut to avoid a roster bonus on 3/19. Last year interested was slim enough that he resigned here, can't imagine interest this year is any stronger.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2pdm29cs said:
We could see Miller back, wouldn't surprise me. He was cut to avoid a roster bonus on 3/19. Last year interested was slim enough that he resigned here, can't imagine interest this year is any stronger.

I'd say Miller was cut more due to failing his physical, rather than the cap savings.

Which says he's probably not a viable option in 2015. Maybe a veteran minimum zero guarantee camp invite at best, but certainly not a player we can count on going forward.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I see them going hard for Jordan I just can't imagine they will go with what they have currently. Not sure how I feel about that it if they do go after him. I like Moeki but not at any kind of money because he's a injury waiting to happen also.

Basis4day

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/575373155776225280[/tweet]

Damn

Latest posts