Report: Andre Johnson going to Indy. Discuss in nfl forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Per our favorite blogger Terry Blount.. Andre Johnson's brother tweeted out that Andre is only interested in four teams

They are the Colts, Patriots, Packers and Seahawks.

Let the fun begin.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
With the Packers keeping Cobb I can't see them as a serious suitor.

So IMO that narrows the list down to 3. Hopefully Revis will eat up most of the Pats cap room.. Leaving only the Colts as our primary competition for his services.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
If it's only between us and Indy, which I'm not sure is the case..... It comes down to stats and dollars vs a shot at a ring.

Pick6

Reaction score
His brother just named the teams that played the conference championship. I'm pretty sure there are more teams involved like the Ravens.

Ranker777

Reaction score
Colts are the leader. This is also a reason Gore is having second thoughts about the Eagles. Both may be heading to Indy.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Ranker777":2folfpuq said:
Colts are the leader. This is also a reason Gore is having second thoughts about the Eagles. Both may be heading to Indy.

Unfortunately this could be accurate. They were college teammates after all.

Not to mention Miami's OC at that time was Chudzinski who is on the Colts staff right now.

DAMN IT RANKER :(

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
Indy has Moncrief whose about to pop and obviousy TY Hilton who was terrific.

Andre can play a major role in Seattle, in Indy he'll be maybe the #3 option depending on how good Moncrief is next season.

staga206

Reaction score
I have a feeling he will be in Seattle. Im sure he wants to play for a team that reminds him of his team in Miami. Tough and rugged and always has something to prove.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
staga206":39f75028 said:
I have a feeling he will be in Seattle. Im sure he wants to play for a team that reminds him of his team in Miami. Tough and rugged and always has something to prove.

I've been thinking the same thing

akscoundrel

Reaction score
Would be kind of surprised to see us being the team that pony's up the most cash to get him.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Pass. This draft is loaded at receiver. Johnson won't be cheap and it's money that can be spent elsewhere.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
AJ for $7 Mil and J Cameron for $4 Mil and our passing game will improve dramatically.

Chawks1

Reaction score
Didn't the Colts just sign Chris Carters son Duron too? I think we absolutely need AJ. His presence and leadership at WR are much needed. doug Baldwin is our most Veteran WR and leading reciever. We could use the presence of a HOF WR to teach these young guys how to play. He immediately opens up our passing game. PC & JS are savvy enough to not over pay, I hope.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2a8dkjdh said:
Pass. This draft is loaded at receiver. Johnson won't be cheap and it's money that can be spent elsewhere.

Loaded is a major stretch. After round 3 it begins to drop off in a big way.

It's top heavy. The loaded class was last draft.

That said - why can't we add Andre Johnson and a rookie? Kearse is gone after 2015. Lockette isn't a reliable WR, and is basically Alex Bannister 2.0. We don't know how Paul Richardson will be post ACL injury. Norwood couldn't get on the field. Matthews had a great Super Bowl, but so did Malcolm Smith in XLVIII. The only "sure thing" at the position is Baldwin, who is probably best served as a slot guy.

Not to sound like hawkssurething here.. But adding 2 WR isn't far fetched.

Largent80

Reaction score
In agreement with Hass. Getting AJ and drafting an late 1st or (hopefully) early 2nd rounder will instantly improve our wr corps.

Status
Not open for further replies.