Report: Andre Johnson going to Indy. Discuss in nfl forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":kvezsn6z said:
theENGLISHseahawk":kvezsn6z said:
Pass. This draft is loaded at receiver. Johnson won't be cheap and it's money that can be spent elsewhere.

Loaded is a major stretch. After round 3 it begins to drop off in a big way.

It's top heavy. The loaded class was last draft.

That said - why can't we add Andre Johnson and a rookie? Kearse is gone after 2015. Lockette isn't a reliable WR, and is basically Alex Bannister 2.0. We don't know how Paul Richardson will be post ACL injury. Norwood couldn't get on the field. Matthews had a great Super Bowl, but so did Malcolm Smith in XLVIII. The only "sure thing" at the position is Baldwin, who is probably best served as a slot guy.

Not to sound like hawkssurething here.. But adding 2 WR isn't far fetched.
Especially with last year's 2nd rounder unlikely to make an impact on the season.
I like the idea of Johnson, whose time in a Kubiak system will have him well prepped for a very similar Bevell system. I don't like the idea of the price tag.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
You guys really think after adding Cary Williams, they'll pay for Johnson+another WR, along with Wilson and Wagner's new contracts? Don't forget Lynch just signed a heck of a new deal. If Johnson signs cheap I wouldn't mind the signing, but I'd expect him to get top half of the league salary at WR.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":fyf4js7y said:
You guys really think after adding Cary Williams, they'll pay for Johnson+another WR, along with Wilson and Wagner's new contracts? Don't forget Lynch just signed a heck of a new deal. If Johnson signs cheap I wouldn't mind the signing, but I'd expect him to get top half of the league salary at WR.

Wilson and Wagner's cap hits are going to be small this season, as the team will use the last year of each of their deals to spread out the guaranteed money more. That's why the Hawks were able to front-load Williams' deal a bit, and I don't think it precludes them going out and getting another FA or two.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Getting Andre Johnson and a WR in the draft makes a lot of sense.

AJ can mentor the rookie, and that could mean he makes an impact this year. Who else on our roster can mentor a rookie ? Our most veteran guy is Baldwin, and he'd probably just mentor him about how to be angry.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
If the Colts and Pats offer the same money as Seattle he's not coming here. AJ is still going to want his targets and those teams have far superior passing offenses and throw it much more than Seattle. Seattle would have to offer him far more money to get him here

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
@LanceZierlein · 2m 2 minutes ago
Got this from someone close to 80: "Dre on owners private jet headed to Indy. He called Gore & they agreed both to Indy. Philly wanted both"

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":24rra42j said:
Pass. This draft is loaded at receiver. Johnson won't be cheap and it's money that can be spent elsewhere.

So what's the difference for you between him and Julius Thomas, who was also expensive and whom the Seahawks needed just as badly?

Hyak

Reaction score
I think he's much more of a fit for Indy or NE than us or GB. I'd rather see us fill some holes in FA and use the draft to add a WR even if it means moving up to get one.

Hyak

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":9q21j3mb said:
theENGLISHseahawk":9q21j3mb said:

So what's the difference for you between him and Julius Thomas, who was also expensive and whom the Seahawks needed just as badly?

One is 26. The other is 33. You add Thomas as a long-term core player. Johnson is a stop gap.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Sounds like he's going to Indy.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/LanceZierlein/status/575314645713428480[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/575316762045997056[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/smartfootball/status/575316790068318208[/tweet]

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":umdaryn1 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":umdaryn1 said:

Thomas plays tight end. It's a miserable draft for tight ends.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":uspfdess said:
MontanaHawk05":uspfdess said:
theENGLISHseahawk":uspfdess said:

Thomas plays tight end. It's a miserable draft for tight ends.

More of a NCAA/Draft forum question, but do you see the Hawks looking at Maxx Williams?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1ehzo2hg said:
Sounds like he's going to Indy.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/LanceZierlein/status/575314645713428480[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/575316762045997056[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/smartfootball/status/575316790068318208[/tweet]
So is the league going to exempt Andy Luck from the cap? How else can they make him the heist paid player in history and still bring in those three?

sutz

Reaction score
Three passing teams vs Seahawks? Where would a typical WR choose to go?

:229031_shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts