Credit to Justin Britt on a fine ending to a rookie season

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Even with the loss, Britt ended the season on a high note with his terrific individual performance against the Patriots. I could only count one play where I thought he may have missed an assignment against an outside rusher. He was really solid in the running game, as he's been all season long. And this was his first game in which he allowed zero pressures.

On Marshawn's TD, Britt destroyed Rob Ninkovich, who is generally pretty stout against the run. By knocking back Ninkovich into Jamie Collins, Britt gave Marshawn a nice path to pay dirt. I only wish Britt had been allowed one more chance to get Marshawn into the end zone for the win. C'est la vie.

marshawn-lynch-touchdown-run-super-bowl.gif

mistaowen

Reaction score
It seemed like everything started to click for him towards the end of the season. He still had a little trouble pass blocking in the Panthers playoff game but they have an awesome front 7. I'm really excited for the growth on the right side of our line with him and Sweezy.

Also watching Marshawn kick it out and power through defenders to score a touchdown in that gif makes me sick knowing we could have done that to win the game.

pehawk

Reaction score
Word, good post. The offensive line was already a lot better than people give them credit for. And it's trajectory is steadily rising...there's a chance they become a dominant unit soon.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
mistaowen":6cgl9c2r said:
It seemed like everything started to click for him towards the end of the season. He still had a little trouble pass blocking in the Panthers playoff game but they have an awesome front 7. I'm really excited for the growth on the right side of our line with him and Sweezy.

Also watching Marshawn kick it out and power through defenders to score a touchdown in that gif makes me sick knowing we could have done that to win the game.

I feel ya. It's a missed opportunity few of us will ever forget.

There were some missed opportunities throughout the game to run the ball through the right A and B gaps. This was the only run off RT (the TD above), there were no runs over the RG, and there were just four more off RE.

As for Britt, you have to be excited about his future, especially as a run blocker. He jumped right from the frying pan into the fire and performed admirably all things considered.

I still think he would be better if moved inside (he was 2nd in the league in pressures allowed and was susceptible to speed rushers), but he's proven he can also be solid outside as he continues to refine his technique.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Man, Unger was getting driven into the backfield on that play. What a great jump cut by Lynch.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Seanhawk":i9tf6s3y said:
Man, Unger was getting driven into the backfield on that play. What a great jump cut by Lynch.

Yeah, Unger got owned a little bit on that play. He did just enough to prevent a loss. Overall, by far the most runs were behind Unger (14 for 85 yards). He was inconsistent though and definitely had his hands full with the Pats' big NTs.

What do they have to do to call more runs off RT?

Bobblehead

Reaction score
mistaowen":3sw4qvrt said:

I couldn't believe he was stopped on that next to last play.. at the half yard line..only a half yard!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts