Lack of 12's Impact during the Superbowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Let me start off by saying that I'm not complaining with the 12's effort during the game. What I mean is compared to XLVIII which I was at, I did not hear the same crowd noise from the 12's during this years bowl after watching both on TV. Diid anyone else notice this too and if anyone that went to the game reads this, please provide your analysis on crowd noise at the game. Thanks.

daveman918

Reaction score
Couple of thing I noticed.

1. The acoustics in that stadium just plain suck. It was a strange sound and that included the sound system.

2. There were a lot of new or non-Seattle Hawks fans in our section. Didn't yell on defense and didn't go crazy on 3rd down. Some learned and participated others were in their own little world. Now I understand why SF had to give their fans a pamphlet. Some people are just dense.

3. Overall energy in that game was strange/low. Strange vibe all up if you believe in that stuff.

SirTed

Reaction score
I agree.

Just like the OP, though - I was at the NJ and not this one. But after the fact, I did watch it on TV, and even then the NJ SB seemed louder.

What I find strange about this is:

1. Generally speaking, Met Life Stadium isn't known for being particularly loud, but University of Phoenix is.
2. Even though I think Hawks fans outnumbered Bronco fans last year, I had heard that they were in even greater numbers this season. So how could any of this be?

I'm not pointing fingers or anything like that. But I did notice it. Anyone that was there care to give us insight? Did anyone go to both? How did the noise compare?

edit: sorry, daveman. I was typing up my response to the OP at the same time you were.

Anyone else?

Bobblehead

Reaction score
SirTed":1vm2igob said:
I agree.

Just like the OP, though - I was at the NJ and not this one. But after the fact, I did watch it on TV, and even then the NJ SB seemed louder.

What I find strange about this is:

1. Generally speaking, Met Life Stadium isn't known for being particularly loud, but University of Phoenix is.
2. Even though I think Hawks fans outnumbered Bronco fans last year, I had heard that they were in even greater numbers this season. So how could any of this be?

I'm not pointing fingers or anything like that. But I did notice it. Anyone that was there care to give us insight? Did anyone go to both? How did the noise compare?

edit: sorry, daveman. I was typing up my response to the OP at the same time you were.

Anyone else?

It will be worse next year.
I thought it sounded pretty loud myself, not Clink loud but still pretty loud.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
To me it was freaking loud. It wasn't Clink loud, and I don't think you can get that loud anywhere else. However, my ears did ring, and my voice was mighty hoarse afterwards just like home. I thought the Hawk fans represented very well, and between the two fan bases it wasn't even close. I can say though when "The Bevell Spawn" play happened, it got as quiet as a mausoleum. I have never felt anything like it, all the energy sucked out in a second.

SarcasticaLy

Reaction score
I was in lower bowl in the left corner of the end zone painted 'Patriots' and their fans were mostly behind that end zone. It was very noticeable. I thought we represented as best we could. Nowhere near as loud as CLink. Gauging from my ear gauge, I'd say Clink is probably about 50% louder, maybe even more. The couple in front of me only screamed maybe three times all game. My throat hurt after the game. As mentioned above, the acoustics probably wouldn't even allow it to reach CLink level and yeah, I don't think it can get that loud anywhere else.

netskier

Reaction score
I would guess that if you increase seat prices you will price out blue collars and price in white collars, who are less zealous, and therefore quieter.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Not to say that you're wrong because you could be spot on, but how could you accurately compare the volume of the crowd at 2 games if you were only at one of them?

I will say that I liked last year's Fox broadcast a lot better than this year's on NBC. Specifically the pregame, team introductions and what not. Way more epic IMO.

strohmin

Reaction score
You gotta start thinking about all the 12s that got screwed out of tickets. Coincidence? hmmmmmmmmm

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
strohmin":2rv0w2ox said:
You gotta start thinking about all the 12s that got screwed out of tickets. Coincidence? hmmmmmmmmm

Now we're talking! :34853_tinfoil:

BillBelichick

Reaction score
I was at the game, and when the momentum was with the Seahawks (parts of the 3rd quarter and those few minutes before the INT in the 4th) the place was rocking. Obviously for 95% of the first half, there wasn't much reason to be going crazy. Defensive battle.

As has been mentioned, it's always louder in ARI than in NY, so the fact that you guys laid such a smackdown last year probably caused a "snowball effect" with the crowd noise.

Either way, it was a great game.

tooshort

Reaction score
I sat in section 421 with 95%-98% hawks fans, I had to "cheerlead" with NYCOUG (the man of 38 straight games)and neither of us were impressed with the too quiet,too drunk, too much $$$ spent to care majority that surrounded us.

We were at both games and there was no comparison in the noise and fervor of the majority of hawks fans, XLVIII tix at $1,500 vs XLIX tix at $10,000 seemed to have played a large part in weeding out a lot of the "trained to be loud" types and bringing in a lot of "it's just a cool status symbol to be here" types.

That said.. it is what it is... Superbowls aren't loud. If you wan't a crazy loud atmosphere go to any game in NO,KC or SEA and for that matter go to any stadium in the NFL as every single homefield advantage is better than the blase noise you'll get at a neutral field superbowl.

peppersjap

Reaction score
It wasn't only the Seahawk fans that got screwed out of tickets. I was down there and talked to just as many Patriot fans who ended up getting screwed too. The brokers don't give a crap where you are from! The NFL should be ashamed of the way the Super Bowl works. It is the only sport that pretty much shuts out the season ticket holders. I like seeing Chris Pratt and Jim Caviezel there rooting for us but do they have season tix at the Clink? They might, I'm not sure.
I'm so happy that Paul McCartney and people like him get to go to the game even though they probably didn't spend a nickel on the NFL all year yet we all get shut out of the game. Even worse is the fact that most flights into Phoenix were delayed because there was too much corporate jet traffic coming into Phoenix. So many people missed a day of there mini vacation because there flight was delayed or cancelled. We were delayed an hour, luckily it was on the flight to Phoenix so were good but I know different people who arrived almost a day late.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":3r7tljhh said:
Not to say that you're wrong because you could be spot on, but how could you accurately compare the volume of the crowd at 2 games if you were only at one of them?

I will say that I liked last year's Fox broadcast a lot better than this year's on NBC. Specifically the pregame, team introductions and what not. Way more epic IMO.

As I stayed in my original post even though I was at only one of the bowls, I have sinned watched both on TV. From watching both games on TV I felt there was a huge difference in crowd noise.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
tooshort":92bp7ukz said:
I sat in section 421 with 95%-98% hawks fans, I had to "cheerlead" with NYCOUG (the man of 38 straight games)and neither of us were impressed with the too quiet,too drunk, too much $$$ spent to care majority that surrounded us.

We were at both games and there was no comparison in the noise and fervor of the majority of hawks fans, XLVIII tix at $1,500 vs XLIX tix at $10,000 seemed to have played a large part in weeding out a lot of the "trained to be loud" types and bringing in a lot of "it's just a cool status symbol to be here" types.

That said.. it is what it is... Superbowls aren't loud. If you wan't a crazy loud atmosphere go to any game in NO,KC or SEA and for that matter go to any stadium in the NFL as every single homefield advantage is better than the blase noise you'll get at a neutral field superbowl.

Thank you. My suspicions were right about the difference in crowd noise comparing the 2 games.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":27lag3f9 said:

I am with you on the broadcast. They bring in the other team with Ozzy and us with elevator music??? What kind of tone is that gonna set us up for? They put the 12s to sleep before the game started. zzzzzzzzz

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
Just my 2 cents but I got the sense there was many fans from many other teams and ticket prices truly did keep fans from both sides away as well as the fact that clearly demand of those that got tickets to the resale market was well reduced.

In the end, who knows the impact. We do know, however, from the sound FX for SB48, members of the broncos did admit it made a huge difference. Only time will tell as to whether there is anything in the FX, that I will NEVER be watching, from the pats about the same.

Steve2222

Reaction score
There was definitely more Hawks fans though I was surrounded by Patriots fans. Nowhere near as loud as CentLink, but it was still plenty loud.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
I'm wondering if Ch. 5 muted out some of the fan noise during the airing. Steve Raible reported that the Hawks fans were LOUD from where he was broadcasting.