RW convinced Pete to go for the gusto at the half.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ced-carroll-to-be-aggressive-before-halftime/

Thats the QB we have, chaps.

With six seconds left in the first half, the Seahawks had the ball at the Patriots’ 11-yard line. Some coaches would have simply kicked a field goal right there, worrying that if they ran another offensive play, it would result in a turnover or would take all six seconds off the clock, and they’d come away empty-handed. In fact, NFL Films microphones captured Carroll and Wilson talking during the timeout right before that play, and it sounded like Carroll was considering sending in his field goal team right then and there, before Wilson talked him out of it.

“I want to throw that back shoulder ball,” Wilson said of the pass he wanted to throw into the end zone on the next play.

“Russ, we have points right now, OK?” Carroll replied, suggesting that maybe they should just take the three points and go into the locker room at halftime.

Wilson answered: “I know. I’m gonna throw that back shoulder.”

[youtube]LOweupNOBVU[/youtube]

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The play was executed perfectly.

Even if it was incomplete, there was time to kick the FG.

Just beautiful execution on that whole drive. Remember there was less than a minute when they started that drive on the 20.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
HawkFan72":imnyms6v said:

Just beautiful execution on that whole drive. Remember there was less than a minute when they started that drive on the 20.

I was nervous as hell when they came back out without the kicker.

Great call.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I was nervous too. Unlike the play at the end of the game though this one was a good gamble. Wasn't going to run off the time and was a much safer option. Love this about Wilson.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3kbxzaiu said:
HawkFan72":3kbxzaiu said:

I was nervous as hell when they came back out without the kicker.

Great call.

I was nervous for a lot of the game, and up until the Patriots drew the flag, I was ready to settle for a field goal. As soon as they called the 15 yard penalty, I saw how close we were and thought we had a good shot at getting one more play in with time on the clock if the pass were incomplete and was saying out loud that we should go for it. I was ecstatic when I saw them line up and saw the ball in the air. I knew they were going to score. I thought that was the turning point in the game at the time

byau

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":mj5kbutu said:

Love this

And after seeing the pics of the Patriots parade, hearing the Patriots trash talking, after hearing about how severely our D was injured (you wouldn't hear it from our guys though) and them still being on their high horse, them making their win more about us then about them...

I want SO BADLY for the Patriots to make it back next year so we can beat their a$$ down so bad.

Some folks here were teasing the Broncos about the whole "35" thing over the last offseason. Now I think we can understand.

Here's to coming in healthy and happy and focused next year for a return trip to the SB and beating down those Patriots.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":a4691mt0 said:
LOL
A text to my brother:
wp_ss_20150205_0001.png

mikeak

Reaction score
And somewhere I was told that I was stupid for suggesting that RW wanted to throw on "the play". I was informed how he has no say in playcalling.

Not saying he did impact that play just that the thought is not all that far fetched.

He called this, he called the offside that led to the TD against SF and he called one of the plays against GB with the same uncanny skills.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
mikeak":10p8road said:
And somewhere I was told that I was stupid for suggesting that RW wanted to throw on "the play". I was informed how he has no say in playcalling.

Not saying he did impact that play just that the thought is not all that far fetched.

He called this, he called the offside that led to the TD against SF and he called one of the plays against GB with the same uncanny skills.
*gasp* You're telling us RW is HUMAN!?!?!

Threedee

Reaction score
Well, at least there's one offensive mind that Carroll can trust. Wilson also called the game winner in the title game.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Threedee":11go8a5k said:
Wilson also called the game winner in the title game.

Nah. He made a check that was set-up by the coaching staff. OC called a formation that forced GB into cover-0 and allowed Wilson to check to the game-winner. Entire sequence (including the check) was orchestrated before the game was even played.

BillBelichick

Reaction score
byau":205jlwlc said:
And after seeing the pics of the Patriots parade, hearing the Patriots trash talking, after hearing about how severely our D was injured (you wouldn't hear it from our guys though) and them still being on their high horse, them making their win more about us then about them...

This quote...

You've got to love fans of the Seahawks complaining about another team trash talking... ("You mad, bro?")

Throws out the "we weren't at full strength" excuse...

Claims the Patriots are making the win more about the Seahawks when 100% of Seattle media and those on this board are claiming the loss happened completely because of a stupid playcall instead of being outcoached and outplayed.

Wow.

northseahawk

Reaction score
If they wanted to pass at the end, it should of been this play. Its a catch or incomplete pass with little risk of an INT. Dumb asses had to throw it into the middle of the defense with the shortest qb ever and expecting the 4th string wr to make a play!

byau

Reaction score
BillBelichick":wteoczji said:
byau":wteoczji said:

This quote...

You've got to love fans of the Seahawks complaining about another team trash talking... ("You mad, bro?")

Claims the Patriots are making the win more about the Seahawks when 100% of Seattle media and those on this board are claiming the loss happened completely because of a stupid playcall instead of being outcoached and outplayed.

Wow.

Hey, Okay I will give you that my comment sounds bad. But that's if you take each comment I make as its own sentence. It is not written that way, it is written to be read as a whole complete thought.

So let me clarify a few things though since I am not one to trash talk and you can let me know what you think

1) My complaint as a whole is not about another team trash talking. In fact, Richard Sherman trash talking during the game. Doug Baldwin doing his poop act. If the Patriots trash talked Sherman and Baldwin back, I'd have no problem with it and would even think it's deserved. Hey, if they give, they gotta get. What I am saying is two things: the trash talking they are doing during the parade makes their victory more about the Seahawks, and the second thing is Tom Brady trash talking about the Seahawks D, which is the next point below

2) I do not throw that out as any excuse. Not sure where you saw it. What I take offense is the article about Tom Brady talking trash about how he tore apart our D (I read it, possibly overblown by the media, I can find the link if you want it). To me I take objection because our D was severely injured. I am fine if you talk trash if you backed it up or if someone talked trash to you. Per the above point, no problem talking trash to Sherman or Baldwin. So in the same vein: No problem bragging about tearing apart the best defense if that's what you actually did. I am not making any excuse for losing. I am taking offense to Tom Brady saying he took apart the best D when it is not exactly that

3) I am basing that the Patriots are making this about the Seahawks because in the parade they are trolling the Seahawks. How is that not about making this about the Seahawks? As far as the claiming the loss on the worst playcall instead of being outplayed, not sure where you read that in my post. I think you are just grouping a lot of other things together and making my post about that which is fine, it's easily done, even by me. But you are the one who is making some assumption here. Check any of my previous posts and I am on the side of saying the last play is not the worst play call. I still would have preferred a Marshawn run, but I have come around that it was not a bad playcall and we were out executed by a better team on the last play, which happened to win the game for the Patriots.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I honestly can't wait until RW matures more and starts calling his own plays a la Manning/Brady/Rivers..