If we hand it off to Lynch and score...

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Is belicheck the one who's being talked about today with one of the worst coaching blunders in Super Bowl history? I can't believe he wasn't using his timeouts to keep time in the clock. They were conceding the game. And we refused to take it. Maddening.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2sr5pudk said:
Is belicheck the one who's being talked about today with one of the worst coaching blunders in Super Bowl history? I can't believe he wasn't using his timeouts to keep time in the clock. They were conceding the game. And we refused to take it. Maddening.

yep. really hard to take. i couldnt believe it. he dared us, and the Seahawks failed.

sucks.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Yeah. Lots of reasons why it hurts, but most of all is just how final that would've been. I guess we could've given up another tying FG late on a miracle drive, but ugh.

I'm still angry we gave up a 10-point lead in the first place. This D is supposed to be nails.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
jkitsune":zloxabas said:
Yeah. Lots of reasons why it hurts, but most of all is just how final that would've been. I guess we could've given up another tying FG late on a miracle drive, but ugh.

I'm still angry we gave up a 10-point lead in the first place. This D is supposed to be nails.

tired, hurt, thin and spread out by one of the best Qbs in the history of the game. credit to Brady. but still.... one yard, 21 seconds, 1 timeout, and an earth quake causing running back in the backfield

Cary Kollins

Reaction score
From the looks of it, Belichick saw Seattle's personnel and realized Seattle was showing 'pass', so he let it ride out and ultimately looks like a genius.

raisethe3

Reaction score
JSeahawks":ty03ptvy said:

If that happened, the Hawks would've won.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
jkitsune":1g2pmf46 said:

injuries led to this...losing avril sealed it...but it didnt matter because we had a chance to win and then the worst call in sports history happened..

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
My wife, the lifelong Seahawks fan in the house, said if the game had ended with two-three Beast Mode runs at the end zone and the Pats had somehow made a goal line stand, it would be a much easier loss to take. In that scenario, the Pats just outplay us when it counts, and we lose to the better team.

This ... this ... I can't even discuss it right now.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I was in shock too.

At first I was happy when Lynch fell at the one because I knew it would take more time off the clock. I knew the pats could go down and score a FG if they had a minute left.

Then I was really happy when Bill didn't call timeout.

I said "just give it to beast one more time".

Now I wish Marshawn had just scored with over a minute left.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
StorytellerMatt":i3di4a9k said:
My wife, the lifelong Seahawks fan in the house, said if the game had ended with two-three Beast Mode runs at the end zone and the Pats had somehow made a goal line stand, it would be a much easier loss to take. In that scenario, the Pats just outplay us when it counts, and we lose to the better team.

I agree. If Lynch had been stuffed 3 times, I could live with it. Tip of the cap to the Pats, they would have earned it.

This falls all on the Seahawks though, and that's what hurts. A completely avoidable loss.

BigHawksSupporter

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2o89cff8 said:
StorytellerMatt":2o89cff8 said:

I agree. If Lynch had been stuffed 3 times, I could live with it. Tip of the cap to the Pats, they would have earned it.

This falls all on the Seahawks though, and that's what hurts. A completely avoidable loss.

If we hand it off to Lynch and he gets stuffed, today's story is..."The Patriots knew we were going to run, and Lynch only had 1 TD on all his 1-yard line attempts this year!"