Bless you coach Knox

drdiags

Reaction score
This hurts a little, since I remember him as the hard-as-nails coach of the Seahawks back in the 80's

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ewiley/status/561653270309920768[/tweet]

This guy took what Patera started and added a level of toughness that hadn't been seen until Pete. Man I hate seeing him like this. Makes me think of my own mortality.

davdog

Reaction score
DAMN GREAT COACH!! One of my favorites. Had some great ram teams in the 70s and turned the bills into a winner and has a good run with your hawks too. We all get old

ivotuk

Reaction score
But he's been rewarded with this team going to back to back Superbowls.

Love the guy though, will never forget "Ground Chuck" :th2thumbs:

Largent80

Reaction score
I am with ya James. When I was an L.A Rams fan growing up in SoCal, he was the coach then. I was ecstatic when he became our coach, and he had some great Hawk teams.

Why is he in a wheelchair..... :(

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
Ahh, Ground Chuck. I agree that it's painful to see him looking so frail at 82 (not much older than my own parents - I know what you mean about being reminded of mortality), but I'm glad that he's out and about and enjoying this special time in Seahawks history.

OP
OP
drdiags

drdiags

Reaction score
Loved those King 5 Chuck Knox Coaches shows with Bruce King (I think, starting to think King was KOMO so my memory is toast). He used to drive me crazy with the coach's clicker. As he talked through highlighted plays, he would do that coach's reverse the video thing with that clicker like every few seconds throughout his talk.

"Knox Tawks Hawks!"

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Love that man.
I had the honor of attending his garage sale as he left town. He lived on Mercer Island.
All the good stuff was gone, but his wife found me a set of B Bills plates and cups.
Just missed out on his Hawks golf bag.
Small glimpse of what a nice guy he was.

Jville

Reaction score
drdiags":v8ev30tj said:
This hurts a little, since I remember him as the hard-as-nails coach of the Seahawks back in the 80's

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ewiley/status/561653270309920768[/tweet]

This guy took what Patera started and added a level of toughness that hadn't been seen until Pete. Man I hate seeing him like this. Makes me think of my own mortality.

Does my heart good to see Chuck participating in the festivities. The Seahawks continue to grow into such a great and distinguished community.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Cheers Coach Knox!! Yeah it sucks to see him so frail and wheelchair bound but I am glad he's still around to enjoy this ride with the team. In honor of you coach, we're gonna POUND THE ROCK WITH THE BEAST ALL DAY!!!

HansGruber

Reaction score
It's great that he's able to see the Seahawks finally reach that pinnacle. I'm just grateful to see him still alive and looking relatively well for 82.

If we are all so lucky...

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
drdiags":1hpimvkp said:
Loved those King 5 Chuck Knox Coaches shows with Bruce King (I think, starting to think King was KOMO so my memory is toast). He used to drive me crazy with the coach's clicker. As he talked through highlighted plays, he would do that coach's reverse the video thing with that clicker like every few seconds throughout his talk.

"Knox Tawks Hawks!"

King was on KOMO, pretty sure.

Loved Chuck. At least he's still kickin'...

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Largent80":1znajaf0 said:
I am with ya James. When I was an L.A Rams fan growing up in SoCal, he was the coach then. I was ecstatic when he became our coach, and he had some great Hawk teams.

Why is he in a wheelchair..... :(
He's 82.

sutz

Reaction score
In many ways, our current Seahawks are quite a bit like those old Ground Chuck teams. Dominant run game, tenacious defense, run, run, run, bombs away....

It's kind of a validation of his style of playing.

Thanks Chuck. :th2thumbs:

Reaneypark

Reaction score
If you haven't read his biography, Hard Knox, you should. It's really good.

irocdave

Reaction score
Ground Chuck brought legitimacy to the Hawks as an NFL organization. The early years were fun but based on gimmick / gadget plays, kinda like the latest Rams team. Chuck brought a toughness and hard edge to the team that won games and made other teams respect them. I bet he loves this current team. He was a great coach, and a big part of the history of the Hawk franchise ignorant NFL fan bases claim the Hawks don't have. If you claim to be a Hawk fan and don't know who Chuck Knox is, well, before your officially on the bandwagon google him and his time in Seattle.

Great coach.

Latest posts