Here's to you Pete ...

drdiags

Reaction score
Tip of the cap in allowing a team that I love to actually matter across the world's sports landscape.

Didn't think I would get to live to see the day where a team I cared about would ever be spoken in the same terms as the legacy franchises, though it will take a whole lot more success before one can claim permanent residence in such rarefied air.

Thanks Pete for making your vision come true in the Pro league, with the help of others no doubt. You may never get the credit while alive but you are one bad mofo. Kudos and keep it up.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
I personally believe he's one of the very best football minds/ coaches I've ever seen coach the game.

Cheers to Pete!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
drdiags":16qci7yt said:
Tip of the cap in allowing a team that I love to actually matter across the world's sports landscape.

Didn't think I would get to live to see the day where a team I cared about would ever be spoken in the same terms as the legacy franchises, though it will take a whole lot more success before one can claim permanent residence in such rarefied air.

Thanks Pete for making your vision come true in the Pro league, with the help of others no doubt. You may never get the credit while alive but you are one bad mofo. Kudos and keep it up.

EDIT: I cannot spell but you get the gist.
Well stated good Doctor! :th2thumbs:

Donn2390

Reaction score
And I get the pleasure of saying. I told you so!!"
As a So Calif native and many, many year Trojan fan and supporter, I became a Hawk fan when Pete came to town. I had to listen to a lot of hating on the rah, rah, cheater who was not welcomed to Seattle my many fans. I put up with it in silence and bite my tongue, because I knew it wouldn't take long for Pete to change the minds of the fans and the city.
I'm sure no one here remembers those slings and arrows of yesteryear that are hidden away in the dark recess of your minds. That's OK, as long as you love and appreciate him now...
I would have to say now, mission accomplished..
GO HAWKS...!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
It really is a fantastic time to be a Seahawks fan. I remember being surprised (and a little concerned) by the hiring, but now, I think of Carroll as more than just a great coach but as a great person, too. That's what makes it the best to me - we aren't rooting for an egotistical maniac, but some one who excels in multiple areas of life.

evergreen

Reaction score
We all remember that. Winning cures everything almost... Still good to have such a winner. Such a group of winners really. It's like many magnifying glasses of winners all focused on the same thing. The green bay packers....

boykster

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":33xv5yzw said:
It really is a fantastic time to be a Seahawks fan. I remember being surprised (and a little concerned) by the hiring, but now, I think of Carroll as more than just a great coach but as a great person, too. That's what makes it the best to me - we aren't rooting for an egotistical maniac, but some one who excels in multiple areas of life.

Can't agree more - I was a skeptic when he was hired due to the controversy. But he brought a philosophy and style to the organization that clearly resonated with the team and has been incredibly successful.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Donn2390":2ec24ffo said:
As a So Calif native and many, many year Trojan fan and supporter, I became a Hawk fan when Pete came to town. I had to listen to a lot of hating on the rah, rah, cheater who was not welcomed to Seattle my many fans. I put up with it in silence and bite my tongue, because I knew it wouldn't take long for Pete to change the minds of the fans and the city.
I'm sure no one here remembers those slings and arrows of yesteryear that are hidden away in the dark recess of your minds. That's OK, as long as you love and appreciate him now...
GO HAWKS...!

This sounds like old pain. I'm glad you were finally able to let it all out. Feel better?

I tease.

:thirishdrinkers:

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Donn2390":1n2g6ghz said:
GO HAWKS...!

Many of us recall the day Pete signed up to be a Hawk. Seemed to me that there were only a few "vocal haters" at the time. After about 12 months, they had been "hushed" to a major extent.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
drdiags":6z26qexe said:

Well spoken, my friend! Here we go!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
drdiags":1efj6k9p said:

Cheers Brother James! WE deserve this! :thirishdrinkers: :th2thumbs:

Vetamur

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":sfnnhzv7 said:
Donn2390":sfnnhzv7 said:
GO HAWKS...!

Many of us recall the day Pete signed up to be a Hawk. Seemed to me that there were only a few "vocal haters" at the time. After about 12 months, they had been "hushed" to a major extent.

I was one. I was so super wrong..and pretty much lost my sh*t when we decided to pay Housh to not play and saw some of the cuts that were made the first year. Not that I thought the guys being cut were great but with so much churning I was thinking "surely Housh is better at least than some of these scrubs being cycled through the bottom of the roster"

I didnt "get it"...

I think I do now, on a couple different levels.

Thank you Pete for teaching me about football, and more importantly, some life lessons even.