I'm In!?

Bprez3

Reaction score
Netters,

I am debating on flying up to Seattle from SD for the game. I have done this trip twice in the past '05 NFCCG and last years Saints game. I would get in at 9:30am and leave at 8pm. The cost of the trip is a little bit more than what the Saints game was last year. Should I make the trek or save the money and watch the game at home? I am debating / torturing myself with this decision.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
depends on the deal you get. I would do it in a heartbeat if I could afford it.

at home? Check.

NFC Champs on the Line? Check.

Good times? Check.

Largent80

Reaction score
Home. Save the money for Lobster and a new T.V.

Same price, and no security and smelling other peoples farts.

PackerNation

Reaction score
If this game were in Lambeau, I would already be up there.

Bprez3, life is the ultimate experience, GO TO THE GAME. You have the rest of your life to sit around and watch TV, work and be lazy. This game could be great. Wilson, Lynch, Legion of Boom.... Go to the game!

The only reason NOT to go, is if you can score some tickets to the Super Bowl and the 'Hawks make it. Then go to the Super Bowl. I've been to a bunch of them and they are a blast.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Come to the game. You never know when we'll be hosting another NFCC game. Wait until Saturday to buy your tickets online. You can get a decent deal.

Boiler

Reaction score
You'll regret it if you don't do it. I did essentially the same thing for the Super Bowl last year and am so glad I did.

OP
OP
B

Bprez3

Reaction score
lukerguy":2beusm24 said:
Come to the game. You never know when we'll be hosting another NFCC game. Wait until Saturday to buy your tickets online. You can get a decent deal.

The Saturday ticket purchase is an interesting play. Right now, they are $320ish for upper 300 level. I'm "OK" with that. Do you have a feel for how much they would potentially drop on Saturday? In terms of seats I just want to be covered.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I have never been to a Superb Owl, so take my humble opinion with a grain of salt.

There is nothing like a homefield NFCCG. The vast majority of the fans are Seahawk fans compared to a SB where less than 50% of the fans will share enthusiasm for your team. The whole of Seattle will be abuzz. Nothing in my life compares to last year's championship. Wedding, birth of kids, first deer... Nothing.

There is a very good chance that the Hawks will go to another championship game and Superb Owl in the next 5 years, but the chances that they host are significantly lower (though still pretty good).

Prices on Saturday will depend on demand from Packer fans, but if you aren't picky about which seats/ section you get, I wouldn't be surprised to see those tickets go down to $200ish by Sat evening to Sun morning.

-bsd RPA

Riley12

Reaction score
As someone who attends games from preseason to championships, I say there is nothing that compares to being there. I'll wander around even the day before soaking up the energy that builds and builds through the weekend and right up until the game.

Part of me wonders if the Packers are thinking, "Well, we played up there once this season, so we know what to expect from the crowd."

Ho, ho, ho. They have not seen the additional level of insanity that grips the fans when it becomes the post-season. Even folks that spend the entire regular season sitting on their hands get up and yell for playoff games.

You can (and I do) record and watch the televised version of the game again and again, but you can't recreate the experience of being there.