What a day... what a year... what a dynasty!

HansGruber

Reaction score
Just got home from the game. I'm exhausted and my shoes are soaked in Shocktop, thanks to the guy behind us. It was such a magical night, I could almost squeeze the beer out of those shoes and drink another toast to my Seahawks.

Never thought I'd see this day. It feels so wonderful, watching a dynasty take shape - and all I ever wanted was a single decent Superbowl win. Just give me one, God. Don't let me die without ever seeing Seattle hoist a Lombardi.

Tonight, I watched Russell Wilson prove that he is, without a doubt, a WINNER. And not just any winner. He's like a young Brady or Montana, with one ring already and more to come. My heart skipped a beat when I realized it tonight. Really fully actually realized what we have. This is really happening.

I partied and danced with Blue Thunder tonight in front of the NW gate, after the game. Everyone feels it. People are dancing in slow motion, everyone is smiling, green and blue christmas lights on all the trees add a little more magic. I'm leaving a playoff game, in the second consecutive season where the Seahawks are clearly a Superbowl favorite. And my team responded. They left a message saying, "We really ARE the best defense of NFL history."

Don't care what anyone says about how we should wait to use the Dynasty word. Why? The Seahawks are clearly building something very special. This may be the closest I ever see in my lifetime. Do I care if it's not sealed yet? No. I'm living this one moment, so fully, so completely, while it happens. And that's all I need.

It is such a great time to be a Seahawk fan. And I get to be here!!

:0190l: :179422: :thirishdrinkers: :179422: :0190l:

shawnsim

Reaction score
HansGruber":2ruxley7 said:
Just got home from the game. I'm exhausted and my shoes are soaked in Shocktop, thanks to the guy behind us. It was such a magical night, I could almost squeeze the beer out of those shoes and drink another toast to my Seahawks.

Never thought I'd see this day. It feels so wonderful, watching a dynasty take shape - and all I ever wanted was a single decent Superbowl win. Just give me one, God. Don't let me die without ever seeing Seattle hoist a Lombardi.

Tonight, I watched Russell Wilson prove that he is, without a doubt, a WINNER. And not just any winner. He's like a young Brady or Montana, with one ring already and more to come. My heart skipped a beat when I realized it tonight. Really fully actually realized what we have. This is really happening.

I partied and danced with Blue Thunder tonight in front of the NW gate, after the game. Everyone feels it. People are dancing in slow motion, everyone is smiling, green and blue christmas lights on all the trees add a little more magic. I'm leaving a playoff game, in the second consecutive season where the Seahawks are clearly a Superbowl favorite. And my team responded. They left a message saying, "We really ARE the best defense of NFL history."

Don't care what anyone says about how we should wait to use the Dynasty word. Why? The Seahawks are clearly building something very special. This may be the closest I ever see in my lifetime. Do I care if it's not sealed yet? No. I'm living this one moment, so fully, so completely, while it happens. And that's all I need.

It is such a great time to be a Seahawk fan. And I get to be here!!

:0190l: :179422: :thirishdrinkers: :179422: :0190l:

Amen brother.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I've had this tagline in my sig since the 2012 season. It's a prognostication I have no reason to doubt is in process of becoming reality. I'm grateful to be able to soak up every minute of the journey.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3892g0vp said:
It's not a dynasty yet, but this team sure is special.

Its pretty damn close....we were 40 seconds away from going to the NFCCG in 2012, Won the Superbowl in 2013 and going back to the NFCCG in 2014.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":3udk14jx said:
Hasselbeck":3udk14jx said:
It's not a dynasty yet, but this team sure is special.

Its pretty damn close....we were 40 seconds away from going to the NFCCG in 2012, Won the Superbowl in 2013 and going back to the NFCCG in 2014.
There's no single "correct" definition. For me, it's 3 SB wins in a short period. The acceptable length of time depends on how well the team finishes in the seasons it doesn't win it all. For example, 3 SB wins in 7 years qualifies if the team wins its division, a few playoff games, and appears in a CCG in the other 4 years.

2 SB wins is awesome, and back-to-back championships is historically, dominatingly awesome. There's not really a name for it aside from repeat champions. "Mini Dynasty" doesn't cut it. Luckily, if these Seahawks repeat, with their all-time defense they can just call us one of the greatest teams of all time. Adding a 3rd Lombardi in the next few years will solidify the dynasty label.

Close but no cigar, in recent times:

The Giants won 2 SB's in 5 years, but lost 31 games in that stretch, including an 8-8 finish, and didn't win a single playoff game outside the 2 SB runs.

The Steelers won 2 SB's in 4 years, appearing in 3 over 6 years. The year prior to the first Lombardi, they went 15-1 and lost in the AFCCG to the eventual champs, New England. That's an incredible run. Part of what breaks it up though is having two different head coaches in that span, each winning one SB. Also, in the other 3 years, no playoff wins. In fact, since that 2005 SB, aside from their 2008 SB season, the Steelers have won just 2 playoffs games in the other 8 seasons. Again, a heckuva run over the span of a decade, but not quite a dynasty.

The Broncos of the late 90's won back-to-back SB's. They also lost 3 out of 4 SB's in the late 80's in successively worse fashion (by 19 points, 32 points, 45 points). The only main connection between those stints was Elway and in the 7 seasons in between, Denver won only one playoff game. Not a dynasty.

chris98251

Reaction score
History will determine dynasties, right now I just want to be the impact team in the league for as long as we can make our run.