Game stats

Blitzer88

Reaction score
The Panthers out rushed and out passed us. They had more first downs and TOP. However we had 0 turnovers compared to their 3.

Overall, I am very pleased that we won mainly because the Panthers defense matches up very well against our offense. However, for as nice as the win was, we do have to play better come next week no matter who we play.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Blitzer88":4onc283a said:
The Panthers out rushed and out passed us. They had more first downs and TOP. However we had 0 turnovers compared to their 3.

Overall, I am very pleased that we won mainly because the Panthers defense matches up very well against our offense. However, for as nice as the win was, we do have to play better come next week no matter who we play.

Alot of the panthers yards came at the end and against Simon..I would say about half of their yards were against Simon from passing

jkitsune

Reaction score
TOP, number of first downs, and number of plays are all skewed by the fact that we had a few quick-strike touchdowns on long plays. I wouldn't worry about it.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1mf2xxap said:

Panthers didn't out pass the Seahawks. According to Espn - http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400749516. With that said, they did get more yards this game than what the Seahawks had been giving up recently. Had they not made mistakes, it would have been a nail-biter.

Seafan

Reaction score
We won't see a better front 7 the rest of the way. That's a little relief. But really, I was impressed with the pass blocking against those guys. Unger makes a huge difference.

irocdave

Reaction score
Hawks will not face another D like this until next year. The Hawks will run on the Packers or Cowgirls D next weekend....200+ on the ground plus 300 in the air. Todays game was against the Hawks nemesis on O and D. Packers or Cowboys are going to get smoked Sunday.

OP
OP
Blitzer88

Blitzer88

Reaction score
More stats that came across:

The 2013 Seahawks defense gave up 409 yards to the Saints in the divisional round. The Panther's had 362 tonight.

Only two teams totaled more yards against the Seahawks this year than the Panthers: Cowboys-401, Chargers-377

There was only one game this year when the Seahawks rushed for fewer yards than the 100 they had today: 80 vs DAL

The Seahawks have only had two other games this year when they rushed for less than 119 yards. DAL-80 SD-108. Seeing a pattern here?

Courtesy of Hawkblogger.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Blitzer, you gotta chill the eff out blood. We good man. Even if we lose, worrying about it is just gonna give you an aneurysm.

But we're gonna win so just Chill. The. Eff. Out.

OP
OP
Blitzer88

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I'm chill and enjoying the win, I just know that we can play even better and the stats suggest it. I could of posted all the numbers in our favor, the turnovers and Russell's numbers, but those already have threads.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Blitzer88":3lc9eiz0 said:

The 2013 Seahawks defense gave up 409 yards to the Saints in the divisional round. The Panther's had 362 tonight.

Only two teams totaled more yards against the Seahawks this year than the Panthers: Cowboys-401, Chargers-377

There was only one game this year when the Seahawks rushed for fewer yards than the 100 they had today: 80 vs DAL

The Seahawks have only had two other games this year when they rushed for less than 119 yards. DAL-80 SD-108. Seeing a pattern here?

Courtesy of Hawkblogger.

Yes, I see a pattern. I see you consistently using the Dallas as an example. Let's not forget how different we were on both sides of the ball in that game.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Seahawks D did some classic "bend don't break." This is great for opponents' stat line, but bad for the loss column.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Blitzer88":38bgpr90 said:

Courtesy of Hawkblogger.

So you are saying that we have found a way to overcome the types of things that killed us earlier in the season and win even when they happen?

- bsd RPA

RunTheBall

Reaction score
We could win 50-0 over the Pats in the Super Bowl and Blitzer would complain that we gave up too many yards.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Carolina was loading up to stop the run and daring Wilson to throw over the top. I'd say mission accomplished. And, it's pretty clear our D is going to give up yards when we have a big lead in the fourth quarter. So I don't get bent out of shape about that.