You Call the gameplan!

danp1990

Reaction score
Alright guys I'm here at work waiting in excitement for today's clash!:) as many as you too are. But just to pass some time what do you want called to expose any weaknesses Carolina has?

Me personally, I would call a TON of Heavy/Jumbo Personel a total of 7 offensive linemen and one TE blocking formation.let Marshawn and Turbin just churn out yard after yard. Wear the Front Seven Down, then do bootleg passes or play action fakes .1st down deep shots to Kearse, Prich, or Norwood. Since Carolinas front 7 tend to blitz at least 5 every down, throw a hot route pattern like a 5 yard slant or in's & out routes , dig routes. If it's a full house blitz make sure to throw a seem route to TE Willson. Anyways that's just me, what would you want/love to see Called?...Go Hawks!!!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I kind of was thinking along those lines but I'll add no "empty sets" and no bubble screens.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Run, run, bubble screen..punt....Run, run, bubblescreen, punt.... :sarcasm_off:

What I really want to see is some more over the middle slants to Prich or Norwood. I think push Kearse and ADB out to the outside corners as outlets. Also a ton of Lynch is not a problem too. I would mix up the run with some second down pass plays. That way there is no guage as to what they will play. Without a gauge or a standard, unpredictability will be a constant that we can live with. Go hawks.

Mick063

Reaction score
Their linebackers are fast and their best defensive tackle is out.

The game plan is simple. Quick hitting, North/South runs. Don't try to run wide against that pursuit speed. Don't attempt running plays that are slow to develop. In other words, overpower them, don't try to trick them. Take a page from the FortyNiners from a couple of years ago.

Use the I formation and our oversized fullback extensively. Early round body blows in a prize fight. Wear them down.

Wilson may not be effective in the read option. Their defense practices against it and knows the concept well.

Play action pass, but not as often with the bootleg variety. Do it on first down enough to keep them honest.

Take the field goal at every opportunity. Don't go for it on fourth and five from their 38 yard line. Our kicker has the leg. Use it. If you are going to give them decent field position, then do it with a failed field goal instead of a failed fourth down attempt.

This would be my game plan.

stack600

Reaction score
Just do what we do. Pound em with Marshawn, Turbin and a lil Michaels. Play Action, Zone Reads. And Bubbles. A few Deep Balls to our speedy WRs.

D Contain the edge. Stay in ur assignment. Gap Control. And get a Pass Rush.

Cam Newton deer in the headlights look.
GO HAWKS!!!!!

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
I'd test their secondary pretty well early; maybe after a little softening up with ground & pound.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
The Read Option (Wilson running) around the edges will open up after Beast Mode gashes them up the middle a few times. We'll at least try it. Cam runs so much like Wilson you'd think they'd hip to it, but that doesn't mean they can stop it. You can say the same thing about our D, except we got the LB speed to run down Cam, and Thomas will blaze up to put a stop to any pesky running Cam might try. And then there's Chancellor.... ;) Good luck running tonight, Cam (not really). GO HAWKS!

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
P.S. Cam is a little dude, and any running he does tonight will be straight into Hell.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Have Seeezy and Tuk hammer Luke Keukley while Lynch runs right at him for the first half then work in some play action. On defense when Cam takes off Kam has to lower the boom. One solid shot there would keep Fig in the pocket the rest of
The game. Key on Jonathan Stewart and let the legion worry about the receivers.

Latest posts