PFT: Jets may be willing to wait for Quinn

Seafan

Reaction score
He coached for them before and I'm sure Woody really likes him. Who wouldn't?

The Jets is where I want him to go.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Really hoping the Jets sign Marrone. I think that's the best chance Quinn stays a Seahawk DC.

hawk35fan

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":9bf21f94 said:
Who wouldn't want to wait for a guy like Quinn?

Everybody's building the big ships and boats
Some are building monuments, others jotting down notes
Everybody's in despair, every girl and boy
But when Quinn the Eskimo gets here everybody's gonna jump for joy
Oh come all without, come all within
You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quinn
Come all without, come all within
You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quinn.

Seafan

Reaction score
Quinn is gone. He really wants to be a head coach. Yes, he's good. Hopefully he goes to the AFC.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Spleenhawk2.0":y3pfn98z said:
HawkFan72":y3pfn98z said:
Really hoping the Jets sign Marrone. I think that's the best chance Quinn stays a Seahawk DC.

Looks like the interview with Marrone did not go very well.....thus the reason the Jets may be willing to wait for Quinn

In NY Jets interview, Doug Marrone ‘failed to close the deal’ source says, Woody Johnson continues coaching search

Well, his former assistant at Syracuse threw a perfectly timed character assassination grenade recently. I suppose that was an unwanted 'reference.' for his resume.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Screw the Jets, they'd be making another huge mistake taking Quinn when they really need to fix their O.

It doesn't matter much who their HC is because they eat their young are savaged by local mediots and really have no QB. Their owner is smiling schmuck who doesn't know much about football but will figure a way to screw up their FO. The 'Woody' ownership period has been a disaster for the Jets. Not for long is the career expectancy of any coach/GM the Jets pick. It was surprising Rex Ryan lasted that long there. Idzik wasn't given a fair shot as he tried to unravel the previous personnel and cap mess created by the prior GM.

Quinn needs to look elsewhere b/c he'd be making a huge mistake signing with them. A college gig would be smarter until a better option surfaced if DQ really wants to be a head coach.

Hawks46

Reaction score
jammerhawk":d4yj69nq said:
Screw the Jets, they'd be making another huge mistake taking Quinn when they really need to fix their O.

It doesn't matter much who their HC is because they eat their young are savaged by local mediots and really have no QB. Their owner is smiling schmuck who doesn't know much about football but will figure a way to screw up their FO. The 'Woody' ownership period has been a disaster for the Jets. Not for long is the career expectancy of any coach/GM the Jets pick. It was surprising Rex Ryan lasted that long there. Idzik wasn't given a fair shot as he tried to unravel the previous personnel and cap mess created by the prior GM.

Quinn needs to look elsewhere b/c he'd be making a huge mistake signing with them. A college gig would be smarter until a better option surfaced if DQ really wants to be a head coach.

Couldn't agree more. You have no QB. You have very few skill players. At this point, the new HC is actually going to be relying on Percy Harvin to be a consistent skill player for them, so new HC trying to deal with just him as a grade A pain in the ass.

Defense is good. Ownership isn't. The only worse jobs I can think of would be Washington or Dallas. Hell, I'd take the Raiders right now over the Jets. You have a QB and some good young talent and a decent mix of veterans for leadership, and the team plays hard.

I like Quinn. I'd like to see him go to Atlanta. Keep the OC and the offense is set. Fix the defense and your'e a contender. Quinn is a defensive minded coach. Most times, 2 and 2 do equal 4.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":2h7sh77z said:
I like Quinn. I'd like to see him go to Atlanta. Keep the OC and the offense is set. Fix the defense and your'e a contender. Quinn is a defensive minded coach. Most times, 2 and 2 do equal 4.

Yep, I like him in Atlanta too, and he was one of the first guys on their list. Not sure about them being set on offense though, their O-line sucked a fair bit this year and they need a running back. Still, sorting out that defense should make them a perennial contender in that division.

I imagine he might try and nab a couple of our guys too. Maybe we could get a 3rd for Byron.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
John Clayton has said on the espn station in seattle a few times that its nearly impossible for teams to wait for the SuperBowl. So IF we make it that far, Quinn most likely is back with us, sort of "trapped" by our success.

The reason teams can't wait for a Great coach like Quinn. Is the severe lack of good NFL assistant coaches. In large part to the new trend of signing Assistants to multi year deals. (example even though harbs is gone, all of SF's coaches are there still and under contract)

The ones that are out there get scooped up by the other 5-7 teams that hire new HC's.

So if you wait you get a rock star like Quinn....who is ultimately doomed to fail cause he has a bunch of nobodies on his staff. Sure could he raid college and get lucky? maybe, but your ultimately setting yourself up to fail by waiting that long.

In conclusion, if we lose this week he's gone.

IF we lose next week, he's still most likely gone,

If we make it to the superbowl..... he's probably back.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2w47jbay said:
John Clayton has said on the espn station in seattle a few times that its nearly impossible for teams to wait for the SuperBowl. So IF we make it that far, Quinn most likely is back with us, sort of "trapped" by our success.

The reason teams can't wait for a Great coach like Quinn. Is the severe lack of good NFL assistant coaches. In large part to the new trend of signing Assistants to multi year deals. (example even though harbs is gone, all of SF's coaches are there still and under contract)

The ones that are out there get scooped up by the other 5-7 teams that hire new HC's.

So if you wait you get a rock star like Quinn....who is ultimately doomed to fail cause he has a bunch of nobodies on his staff. Sure could he raid college and get lucky? maybe, but your ultimately setting yourself up to fail by waiting that long.

In conclusion, if we lose this week he's gone.

IF we lose next week, he's still most likely gone,

If we make it to the superbowl..... he's probably back.
I've heard Clayton say that and I agree. That's the way it's been done for sure.

It would be interesting to see if Woody wants Quinn for some of that Seahawks "not just 'unconventional' but anti-conventional" thinking, which could include getting the right HC for the long term and foregoing the best, most established assistants for the short term. In other words, If Woody believes in Quinn enough, maybe he's willing to allow Quinn to piece together his staff over the next few seasons. It's definitely outside the box, but what do the Jets have to lose? Another division win by the Patriots?

The Pats have won 11 of the last 12, and 14 of the last 19. The Jets have won the division 2 times since 1970. That's worth repeating: 2 division wins in 44 years. Why wouldn't they be willing to wait for a winner if they believe he's the guy to ultimately take down Belichick?

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
It would be very interesting to know to what extent Quinn has adopted Pete's total philosophy about being a HC and what it takes to "Win Forever".

If he has embraced it in totality, the Jets would be wise to wait for him.

If he hasn't, he's not truly ready to be a HC in the league... imo.

vonstout

Reaction score
The Bears have said they are willing to wait to get the guy they want. Quinn would make sense for them too since they have a lot more talent on offense than D. I wouldn't wish Cutler on anyone though.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
vonstout":2cf85jyb said:
The Bears have said they are willing to wait to get the guy they want. Quinn would make sense for them too since they have a lot more talent on offense than D. I wouldn't wish Cutler on anyone though.

I'm hoping the Bears look at Mike Shanahan and remember that he got a lot out of Cutler/Marshall when they were all in Denver. That takes one more landing spot away from our staff.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
volsunghawk":29fb6av7 said:
vonstout":29fb6av7 said:

I'm hoping the Bears look at Mike Shanahan and remember that he got a lot out of Cutler/Marshall when they were all in Denver. That takes one more landing spot away from our staff.
I was hoping the same and it probably makes the most sense for Shanahan to go there or maybe Buffalo in my opinion.