Russell Okung update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
John Boyle ‏@johnpboyle 10m10 minutes ago
Pete Carroll said Russell Okung has a chest wall bruise. Went to hospital but has already been released.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Is it safe to say he will be out for a while? That sounds like a bad injury, especially for a guy who is going to have men slamming into his chest all game next week.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Yeah that was a punk move shoving the trainer. Okung looks like a big baby to me at times. Just saying.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Hawk-A-Loogie":20m6qzx7 said:
Why did he shove the trainer? JW i missed that part. Thanks in advance.
Could be he's just frustrated that he gets hurt so easily?

BigMeach

Reaction score
I love how it's a punk or baby move when you don't know the context whatsoever. It looked to me like he was pissed that he wasn't going to be able to keep playing. I don't know about you but I want players like that on my team.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Hawk-A-Loogie":2n7p5mom said:
Why did he shove the trainer? JW i missed that part. Thanks in advance.

He was apparently choking on blood and struggling to breathe. He may have pushed the guy out of the way for that reason. I am betting he apologizes and everyone moves on. Just like last year, we will need him to win another championship.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
BigMeach":34kg3qar said:
I love how it's a punk or baby move when you don't know the context whatsoever. It looked to me like he was pissed that he wasn't going to be able to keep playing. I don't know about you but I want players like that on my team.

It was a punk move shoving the trainer who is trying to help u and I don't want a player on my team who is a teddy bear that constantly gets false starts. Am I glad he is a hawk? Yes. Is he a great LT? No. He's okay but not a stud like some make him out to be.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
BigMeach":l78mnf0h said:
It looked to me like he was pissed that he wasn't going to be able to keep playing.
Even less of a reason for him to take out his frustrations by shoving a member of the training staff who are there to help him. No matter the context, it was a shameful thing for Okung to do. Period.

Basis4day

Reaction score
dopeboy206":11m6qvem said:
BigMeach":11m6qvem said:

It was a punk move shoving the trainer who is trying to help u and I don't want a player on my team who is a teddy bear that constantly gets false starts. Is he a great LT? No. He's okay but not a stud like some make him out to be.

Not like he helped bring you a super bowl last year. Show a little gratitude.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":2p9ivnns said:
BigMeach":2p9ivnns said:
It looked to me like he was pissed that he wasn't going to be able to keep playing.
Even less of a reason for him to take out his frustrations by shoving a member of the training staff who are there to help him. No matter the context, it was a shameful thing for Okung to do. Period.

I would like to see you react differently when you're choking on your own blood due to an internal injury and there's someone standing in your face.

Get over it.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
shouldn't be laying your hands on another person, especially staff. that's a no-no and there is no excuse.

sturg78

Reaction score
He was struggling to breath and it looked like the trainer was poking and crowding him. He reacted like a lot of us would when someone pokes an injury. He is just bigger then most of us.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I'll bet the trainer is a lot less pissed than some of the dopey Hawk fans.

Coughing up blood could freak me out. I might push someone.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1vx90o4f said:
I'll bet the trainer is a lot less pissed than some of the dopey Hawk fans.

Coughing up blood could freak me out. I might push someone.

If he doesn't apologize to him, then I would be p'd off about it. But in the heat of the moment, under these circumstances, I don't know how you can hold a push against him. It's not like he went after him more or punched him. That's the difference between self preservation and malice.

kearly

Reaction score
Trainer cracked a smile after he was shoved. We don't know anything.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I am sure that bruise hurt like a sumbish, them some trainer starts pushing on a painful bruise?

No big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.