Vegas has Seattle -7

HawkFan72

Reaction score
This game is going to be tough. Cardinals have won a lot of games with backup QBs and their Defense is lights out at home. They are going to be fired up to win this division.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2leug46a said:
This game is going to be tough. Cardinals have won a lot of games with backup QBs and their Defense is lights out at home. They are going to be fired up to win this division.

They are also starting Ryan Lindley at QB and a back up RB.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":28erc708 said:
HawkFan72":28erc708 said:

They are also starting Ryan Lindley at QB and a back up RB.

Not just a backup running back, their 4th string if you're going by beginning of the season rosters.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Still wouldn't touch that game. 7 is too many, with a struggling seattle offense IMHO!

kmedic

Reaction score
Crazy line IMO. Who have they been watching this season? As Bill Parcells famously put, you are what your record is, and the Cards are tops in the league at 11-3, coming off 2 impressive wins. To be a TD underdog at home is nonsense to me. This is a FG game all the way, the score will be like 13-10.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ivotuk":1i06w7a2 said:
I have no idea what that means. Seven below in Seattle?

It means Vegas believes the Seahawks win by a touchdown.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
FWIW .. I'd lay the 7 in this without thinking twice. Ryan Lindley was one of the QB's in that 58-0 drubbing two years ago.

I think we win pretty comfortably. Something in the 24-7 range.

taco40

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1w36v82q said:
ivotuk":1w36v82q said:

It also implies that if the game were in Seattle, it would be 10 points as the home team would be picked at -3 if it was a toss up.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Vegas is in the business of making money. Perhaps they see something that we don't. If our Defense can remain strong....and not porous like that first drive of the game, then we ought to be able to win by a touchdown.

RiverDog

Reaction score
kmedic":14eor3iv said:
Crazy line IMO. Who have they been watching this season? As Bill Parcells famously put, you are what your record is, and the Cards are tops in the league at 11-3, coming off 2 impressive wins. To be a TD underdog at home is nonsense to me. This is a FG game all the way, the score will be like 13-10.

A win where you don't score a touchdown is impressive?

HawkWow

Reaction score
Not exactly, BP. . Opening at 7, Vegas believes that number will draw half of the bettors to Seattle, the other half will bet Arizona. That's all that means. they don't care who wins or loses and their opinion is based solely on yours...the general public.

In today's game...they opened at Seattle -8.5. A good opening line. Money started coming in on the Hawks and that bumped the line to -10 to attract SF bettors. That's why I stressed last week it's important to get in early if you liked Seattle.

HawkWow

Reaction score
taco40":icqhsj3q said:
Hasselbeck":icqhsj3q said:
ivotuk":icqhsj3q said:

It also implies that if the game were in Seattle, it would be 10 points as the home team would be picked at -3 if it was a toss up.

You're on the right track...but our HFA is greater than 3...closer to 7. Best anywhere.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HawkWow":djmdxpdh said:
Not exactly, BP. . Vegas opening at 7 believes half of the bettors will bet Seattle, the other half will bet Arizona. That's all that means. they don't care who wins or loses and their opinion is based solely on yours...the general public.

In today's game...they opened at Seattle -8.5. A good opening line. Money started coming in on the Hawks and that bumped the line to -10 to attract SF bettors. That's why I stressed last week it's important to get in early if you liked Seattle. Those that did, won today.
That said, I'd be on the Hawks at -7 right now if I were in Vegas/Reno. We've had success there and are not going to be intimidated by the scope of the game, which AZ might. I also think we had a bit of a mental letdown in the first half today and that it won't happen again this season. I suspect it'll be bet up to about 8.5 which is huge for a road fav, but they're starting Ryan Freakin Lindley.

HawkWow

Reaction score
kmedic":1f9tencz said:

Good post. A good way to lose money is to make a habit of betting against home dogs. A better way to lose money is to do so against a 1st place divisional rival..and both with craptastic offenses. I see us winning and likely covering..but it's a game I wouldn't bet.

Consider this...Vegas knows the Hawks are again the talk of the town. We just beat SF in a nationally televised game. They don't think we will beat Zona by 7(+) they think 50% of the bettors think we will. That's what they think.

HawkWow

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3qh8nsap said:
HawkWow":3qh8nsap said:
Not exactly, BP. . Vegas opening at 7 believes half of the bettors will bet Seattle, the other half will bet Arizona. That's all that means. they don't care who wins or loses and their opinion is based solely on yours...the general public.

In today's game...they opened at Seattle -8.5. A good opening line. Money started coming in on the Hawks and that bumped the line to -10 to attract SF bettors. That's why I stressed last week it's important to get in early if you liked Seattle. Those that did, won today.
That said, I'd be on the Hawks at -7 right now if I were in Vegas/Reno. We've had success there and are not going to be intimidated by the scope of the game, which AZ might. I also think we had a bit of a mental letdown in the first half today and that it won't happen again this season. I suspect it'll be bet up to about 8.5 which is huge for a road fav, but they're starting Ryan Freakin Lindley.

No argument here my man. But I fear I might fall into the category of "I think our offense is due for a break out". OTOH, I wouldnt be shocked if we held Zona to 1 score. IF I had to bet, I'd bet Seattle. But I never bet Seattle because I do not trust that my head is out thinking my heart. In 30 years of sports wagering, I can count the Hawk /Dawg games I've bet on one hand (small bets aside).

The way I see it...a win from either makes me happier than money can. But a loss hits me deeply. 1st..my team lost. 2nd...I spend a ton of time with my picks and take it very personally when I lose. That's how I rid myself of the sickness that is (heavy) betting: I learned the losing felt far worse than the winning felt good. I expected to win so there wasn't a lot of joy there.

I discourage people from getting into this, but if I can, I'd like to steer them to their best chance of winning. Maybe dispel a few myths along the way.

Latest posts