Vegas has Seattle -7

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HawkWow: It's mostly that I don't think AZ scores shit on us man, certainly not that I think our offense is going to break out. Not likely with that Cards D. I think they struggle to get more than 6 points and I gotta believe we can get more than 13.
I never bet the Hawks when I lived within driving distance of Vegas and it would be rare for me to do so still, but this is one I'd take the chance on. I never bet heavy anyway. I'm talkin' like 50 or 100 max. Oh, and I agree that betting road favs is a good way to lose cash fast.

HawkWow

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":39vnihjy said:
HawkWow: It's mostly that I don't think AZ scores shit on us man, certainly not that I think our offense is going to break out. Not likely with that Cards D. I think they struggle to get more than 6 points and I gotta believe we can get more than 13.
I never bet the Hawks when I lived within driving distance of Vegas and it would be rare for me to do so still, but this is one I'd take the chance on. Oh and yeah, betting road favs is a good way to lose cash fast.

Well thought out bro. You're a bright guy and I wouldn't dream of discouraging you. I wasn't suggesting you thought our O is due...that's me thinking that. And I keep thinking that! One nuance in this is that Vegas fully understands that people love to bet Home dogs (as they should), so opening at 7...Vegas definitely knows many won't be adhering to that in this game. No reason you should either.

I really do think the O is due, even against Zona's D. See? That's exactly why I shouldn't bet my team.

mikeak

Reaction score
kmedic":34tlnwa1 said:
Crazy line IMO. Who have they been watching this season? As Bill Parcells famously put, you are what your record is, and the Cards are tops in the league at 11-3, coming off 2 impressive wins. To be a TD underdog at home is nonsense to me. This is a FG game all the way, the score will be like 13-10.

What are they thinking. Maybe they watched Seattle DOMINATE Arizona a couple of weeks ago

Who knows......

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":3bdmrism said:
Line may grow.
So what did Vegas have the Hawks in the Super Bowl?

Yes, that's right. Seattle has a way of obliterating the line. GO HAWKS!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
kmedic":ahpxo9u5 said:
Crazy line IMO. Who have they been watching this season? As Bill Parcells famously put, you are what your record is, and the Cards are tops in the league at 11-3, coming off 2 impressive wins. To be a TD underdog at home is nonsense to me. This is a FG game all the way, the score will be like 13-10.

Of all the prognostication programs, algorithms, experts and systems in the world, who do you think is the most accurate?

Vegas, that's who. The book makers in Vegas are grizzled veterans and wunderkinds that broke MIT's grading scales. They care about one thing and one thing only, getting lines right so they make money. They have no agenda, play no favorites and are cold heartless betting machines.

Doesn't matter what a team's record is, the Cards are starting a 3rd string QB they signed off the street that has zero TD passes and 7 int's in his entire career. How could you NOT favor the Hawks by 7?

Hawks46

Reaction score
I have us winning by 10. I don't think we dominate, it's going to be a low scoring game.

Here's the issues: they have a 3rd string RB (who's still playing decent) of the type that doesn't normally give us trouble. Their QB is terrible, and there's no way he goes from behing unemployed to starting against a team without having that 58-0 thunderstomping he was a part of going through his mind the first couple of times things go bad, and trust me, they WILL go bad.

I have them scoring 6. I was going to call this game 12-6, as I honestly don't think our offense will score a TD on them in their house, but their defense is likely to be on the field a long time and get worn down. Our defense will either score, or put us in a couple of very favorable short yardage scoring situations.

This isn't a homer view as much as my analyzing all the matchups, and the likeliness of which ones will go which way. It's more likely our defense dominates our offense. It's more likely their defense dominates our offense, but to a lessor degree. Football is a team sport, and both squads are symbiotic, so their defense being on the field a lot, coupled with our style of play, is more likely to give up points than their offense is to score on our defense.

mikeak

Reaction score
^ I think we dominate on the field but win with about 10-13 pts. Not scoring touchdowns is still an issue even if I must say I think we start looking better

tom sawyer

Reaction score
All the hype aside..

We be the Hawks. They be like ... "we are playin' out of our minds"
We will be playing for EVERYTHING and more as well.
Who wants it more? WE DO?!!

20 plus points will separate us in the end!

canfan

Reaction score
kmedic":yw2z1cww said:

:13:

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
canfan":2g6cprfl said:
kmedic":2g6cprfl said:

:13:

...dude, you just ditto'd someone who quoted that one absurd Bill Parcells line.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":2qc6x3b1 said:
Arians is a good coach - perhaps even a great coach.

Not only that, because of the line and all of the predictions he can go in there and play the "NOBODY BELIEVES IN US!" tactic. The Cardinals will be fired up, they will play insane... off the charts, their best game of the season in all respect. They will take advantage of no Mebane, they will cut, they will crush, they will try to knock our players out, they will go for Wilson's knees... they aren't just going to try to beat us - they are going to put every bit of their heart and soul into their game.

I'm down here in AZ and they want blood, this is about as excited for a game as I've ever seen Cardinals fans -- it's even heavier than that Superbowl run a few years ago, this team has insane momentum -- the kind of momentum I am used to seeing from the hawks.

In Addition, since that first time he faced Wilson, Arian's has his number. In the last two meetings between the Hawks and the Cardinals the zona D has turned our QB into a joke. It's worse than what we did to Kaep. The Cardinals under Arians know Wilson and his weaknesses and they know how to exploit the hell out of them.

Furthermore, they own our O line... which is beaten to hell again, hell, even Sweezy might be out this week.

They are going to load everyone in the box and try to kill Wilson, they are going to try to rattle him and shake him and hurt him.

The Cardinals will be fired up, they will play insane... off the charts, their best game of the season in all respect. They will take advantage of no Mebane and pound the rock relentlessly in order to take our secondary out of the equation. They will cut, they will crush, they will try to knock our players out, they will go for Wilson's knees... they aren't just going to try to beat us - they are going to play off the charts physical football, they won't have anything left in the tank after this game -- so don't be surprise if they turn around and lose to the 49ers the following week (but it won't matter if they beat us).

This will be the best game they play all season long... the question is, can the Seahawks match it?

This is where we find out if the Seahawks are a Superbowl champion team this year... we win this, I firmly believe we win the Superbowl. We lose it... it's doubtful.

This is a game that could be lost on one boneheaded mistake or penalty and we are prone to them.
They blitz, they are taking HUGE chances for the big downfield play.

Latest posts