Sherman and Baldwin Can be Crazy Sometimes

kidhawk

Reaction score
I'll post it when it's up on .com, but Sherman had his weekly press conference just now and he brought out Baldwin with him, only Baldwin was behind a cardboard cutout of himself. From the Start, they were having a question and answer session between Sherman and Baldwin's cutout, discussing speaking to the media and NFL hypocrisy with certain things. It's really hard to do it justice here, but when the video is posted, it's worth the few minutes to view it. Besides, I'm sure that they are getting compensated well for it as every other sentence seemed to be a product endorsement :th2thumbs:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Nice to see they are having fun again.

Another thing that would be funny is if he did an in interview with just "yeah" to all the questions. Like Marshawn did for his interview on Sunday. However, it would be difficult for Sherm because he likes to talk to the media.

dbmack

Reaction score
hawkfan68":srbc1kh5 said:

Another thing that would be funny is if he did an in interview with just "yeah" to all the questions. Like Marshawn did for his interview on Sunday. However, it would be difficult for Sherm because he likes to talk to the media.
Sherman did cut one of his media interviews short because of Marshawn.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
dbmack":74j9k5hv said:
hawkfan68":74j9k5hv said:

Sherman did cut one of his media interviews short because of Marshawn.

Yeah after the game he was very short with reporters and said it was because " This is what happens when Marshawn gets fined."

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
All this protesting about Marshawn Lynch wouldn't be needed if Marshawn Lynch just did one five minute chat with the local beat writers once a season.

Just saying.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3ozwll7j said:
All this protesting about Marshawn Lynch wouldn't be needed if Marshawn Lynch just did one five minute chat with the local beat writers once a season.

Just saying.

You would say that wouldn't you, Mr Sports Reporter.

Let him have it.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
English is correct, and Marshawn's contractually obligated to do it, and he knew that before he was ever drafted.

I love Beef Moe, but he's got no excuse to avoid the media like he does, no matter how uncomfortable it makes him. He knew the stakes and requirements when he joined the NFL.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Video still isn't up yet, but KIRO just said they are going to replay it after the ad break

[urltargetblank]http://player.listenlive.co/35801[/urltargetblank]

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1l0xvl2l said:

Just saying.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic. He's being told he has to be "available to the media" after practice and games, right? I mean, he tried to get out of the fine by granting interviews to Mike Rob and Michael Silver after the Chiefs game and that certainly didn't fly. They really seem to want him in front of a crowd.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Brilliant. Well done guys! :th2thumbs:

Eric Reid @E_Reid35 · 32m
Everything he said was true.

Eric Reid @E_Reid35 · 39m
Despite the rivalry, Richard Sherman's interview was awesome.

That's Reid from the Niners btw

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1lfoqp0r said:

Just saying.

It's pointing out a ridiculous policy. The man doesn't want to talk, don't make him freaking talk. There are 52 other guys on the team and I bet the majority would love to do an interview.

Fining him 100K for that is absolutely ridiculous.

ringless

Reaction score
Maybe the league will punish Seattle with bad calls during the game?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And what even more hilarious is how the local media is getting bent out of shape. Especially the Groz, calling it "chump" :roll:

Yeah, coming from the most overrated man on radio. Geez, when did the world become so sensitive all the sudden? They were having fun, oh the horror :roll:

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":xfjvaenl said:
And what even more hilarious is how the local media is getting bent out of shape. Especially the Groz, calling it "chump" :roll:

Yeah, coming from the most overrated man on radio. Geez, when did the world become so sensitive all the sudden? They were having fun, oh the horror :roll:

Agreed, Groz always seems bent out of shape

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
I'm seeing a lot of positives about it on twitter, from local media too actually. Yea some are getting bent out of shape, you'll always have your grumpy old men shouting 'get off my lawn!'

But overall I think it went over really really well! Hell I've even seen niner fans giving respect for it.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I honestly don't get this "player safety" Thursday night issue. For as long as I can remember the Cowboy's and Lion's have always played on Thanksgiving. No one ever complained about that quick turnaround. Infact, it seemed like players were excited to play on turkey day.

So now, every team get's to experience it once a season. What's the big deal? Seattle/GB are doing it twice only because they opened the season on Thursday. Dallas get's 2, but they are back to back. Other than that it's a once a year event.

253hawk

Reaction score
ESPN is melting down over it. Can't say anything bad about The Shield, ever.