Who are these "championship teams" I keep hearing about?

RunTheBall

Reaction score
I keep hearing that we aren't a "championship level team" this year from a lot of people on the board... well then who is?

The Broncos? Who just got killed by the Rams and Patriots

The Patriots? Who got murdered by the Chiefs in Arrowhead

The Cards? Who got murdered by the Broncos and are "2008-Tennessee'ing" their way through the season

The Eagles? Who got murdered by the Packers

The Packers? Who look amazing at home but bad on the road

The Bengals? Who put up 3 points vs. the Browns

I guess I just am not seeing any dominant teams this year, are we really any worse than any these "championship level" teams? I don't think so.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I get where your coming from but I think your falling into one of the biggest mistakes sports fans run into and that's trying to make an algebra formula of an NFL season. For example, I have two family members who are ardent dolphins fans. Last season they both said to me, " hey our dolphins beat the colts ,,,in Indy, you guys should too" it just doesn't work that way.

Match ups, coaching, injuries, division rivals, national broadcasts , getting your ass kicked last week and are pissed and focused the next, facing the Super Bowl champs. Each week is so different. If there was a formula there would be a lot more 0-16 teams and,,,,a lot more undefeated seasons. It's about consistentcy and tenacity. I think we still have the tenacity, we will see if we can get consistent .

The teams that you have listed, are hot at the right time of the season.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
RunTheBall":35cejxba said:
I keep hearing that we aren't a "championship level team" this year from a lot of people on the board... well then who is?

The Broncos? Who just got killed by the Rams and Patriots

The Patriots? Who got murdered by the Chiefs in Arrowhead

The Cards? Who got murdered by the Broncos and are "2008-Tennessee'ing" their way through the season

The Eagles? Who got murdered by the Packers

The Packers? Who look amazing at home but bad on the road

The Bengals? Who put up 3 points vs. the Browns

I guess I just am not seeing any dominant teams this year, are we really any worse than any these "championship level" teams? I don't think so.

You're right that there are no dominant teams in the league.

But with our last 6 games.. it may not matter.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3ggbpdrs said:
I get where your coming from but I think your falling into one of the biggest mistakes sports fans run into and that's trying to make an algebra formula of an NFL season. For example, I have two family members who are ardent dolphins fans. Last season they both said to me, " hey our dolphins beat the colts ,,,in Indy, you guys should too" it just doesn't work that way.

Match ups, coaching, injuries, division rivals, national broadcasts , getting your ass kicked last week and are pissed and focused the next, facing the Super Bowl champs. Each week is so different. If there was a formula there would be a lot more 0-16 teams and,,,,a lot more undefeated seasons. It's about consistentcy and tenacity. I think we still have the tenacity, we will see if we can get consistent .

Hot at the right time?

Philly just got blasted

Denver looked aweful in St Louis

Your Seahawks have won three out of 4 and coming home to beat some Cardinal ass!

marko358

Reaction score
BlueBlood":2bck07nn said:
seahawkfreak":2bck07nn said:

Hot at the right time?

Philly just got blasted

Your Seahawks have won three out of 4 and coming home to beat some Cardinal ass!

Yeah but you can't get much hotter than Arizona, Green Bay and, New England.

OP
OP
R

RunTheBall

Reaction score
marko358":1fjpjsge said:
BlueBlood":1fjpjsge said:
seahawkfreak":1fjpjsge said:

Hot at the right time?

Philly just got blasted

http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400554313

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Those teams, GB, Philly, Dallas, NE, Denver and yes NO are still in a better position than us right now. For now. Man we can still get hot. We had 2 major winning streaks last year. A good 4 game streak the end of this season and a 5-1 record the last 6 would position us well.

Don't forget though New England went 11-5 in 08 and didn't make the playoffs

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
i'll say it again, why do people think the cards are so good after the recent injury and same with SF after SF has had some marginal games and sure played poorly against the brocos..... i'll call it today, we win both against AZ and SF.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
marko358":57pjcxvb said:
BlueBlood":57pjcxvb said:
seahawkfreak":57pjcxvb said:

Hot at the right time?

Philly just got blasted

Those teams are so hot right now.
Giphy

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
And yet the largest margin of loss for the Hawks since Nov. 6, 2011 (@Cowboys) is only 9 points (@Chargers)...

They've been with in striking distance of every game in the last 3 years...

BlueBlood

Reaction score
YYZHawksFan":2rr5qe45 said:
i'll say it again, why do people think the cards are so good after the recent injury and same with SF after SF has had some marginal games and sure played poorly against the brocos..... i'll call it today, we win both against AZ and SF.

They are overrated in every way besides the win column. They've been extremely fortunate this season. Now that Palmer is out they really are in trouble.

4 of their last 6 on the road including

@Atlanta (fighting for a division title)
@Seattle (buzz saw)
@Frisco (backs against the wall)
@Rams (defeated Broncos, Hawks in their crib)

Their two home games? Hawks and Chiefs

If the Cards lose this week, which they will, I could see them collapsing entirely and missing the playoffs

SonicHawk

Reaction score
BlueBlood":1e8cqd3v said:
YYZHawksFan":1e8cqd3v said:

They are overrated in every way besides the win column. They've been extremely fortunate this season. Now that Palmer is out they really are in trouble.

4 of their last 6 on the road including

@Atlanta (fighting for a division title)
@Seattle (buzz saw)
@Frisco (backs against the wall)
@Rams (defeated Broncos, Hawks in their crib)

Their two home games? Hawks and Chiefs

If the Cards lose this week, which they will, I could see them collapsing entirely and missing the playoffs

At some point you're just going to have accept that the Cardinals have a darn good football team. Excellent running, Jamaal Charles-esque back in Ellington, some very good WRs and a solid defense, not amazing, but solid.

Sure, their record doesn't necessarily reflect their skill, but it's not that far off.

AgentDib

Reaction score
There is only one championship metric and that is whether you win the Super Bowl or not. Wins are a poor way to talk about dominance in a sport governed by small sample sizes and large uncertainty. If one single play had turned out differently last year we would have not been a championship team. Investing too much of your emotions in outcomes alone will lead to having your life ruled by randomness, overrating the team when they win and underrating them when they lose.

I'm still not sold on the Cardinals, and will probably maintain that position even after they win the Super Bowl this season. I've been all aboard the Cards D hype train in the past but that was with Dockett, Abraham, Washington and Shaughnessy. Props to them for overcoming everything to win some close games, but I don't think it is sustainable and this isn't Drew Stanton's 8th year in the league as a backup because he is secretly an amazing QB.

PackerBacker19

Reaction score
RunTheBall":9iw4e39c said:
marko358":9iw4e39c said:
BlueBlood":9iw4e39c said:
seahawkfreak":9iw4e39c said:

Hot at the right time?

Philly just got blasted

http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400554313

I would like to mention that in the game vs. the Saints the Packers were without their best cb and safety. Maybe that's why Brees hit the deep ball all night. Also, they had scored every drive of the game, until Rodgers injured his hamstring. When he did they were inside the 20, and they were probably about to score. After that injury his passer rating was around 50 with 2 picks(his only 2 since week 1 and they weren't his fault). I'm not saying the Packers are as good as their current streak (their D is unpredictable), but that game isn't a good way to prove your point. Eagles 23 Packers 50, Panthers 17 Packers 38, Chi 14 Packers 55 Min10 Packers 42 Chi 17 Packers 38. Those scores indicate to me that the Packers are hot right now, but it will be interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out. You guys could still get in. The Eagles game will be big for you guys.

Latest posts