Who are these "championship teams" I keep hearing about?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RunTheBall":3t3796q0 said:
I guess I just am not seeing any dominant teams this year, are we really any worse than any these "championship level" teams? I don't think so.

As Bill Parcell's use to say "you are what your record says you are."

The people who are saying we're not playing like a championship team are saying that we haven't reached our potential as a team that can win it all this year..........and IMO that's a fair assessment. We're not winning as many of these close games as we won last year that got us HFA and an easier path to the SB that was so vital.

Are there any super dominant teams right now? No, but this team is running out of time very quickly to put it all together and get to the playoffs to see who's a championship team.

seahawksny

Reaction score
RunTheBall":bslqpgf0 said:
I keep hearing that we aren't a "championship level team" this year from a lot of people on the board... well then who is?

The Broncos? Who just got killed by the Rams and Patriots

The Patriots? Who got murdered by the Chiefs in Arrowhead

The Cards? Who got murdered by the Broncos and are "2008-Tennessee'ing" their way through the season

The Eagles? Who got murdered by the Packers

The Packers? Who look amazing at home but bad on the road

The Bengals? Who put up 3 points vs. the Browns

I guess I just am not seeing any dominant teams this year, are we really any worse than any these "championship level" teams? I don't think so.

"The Cards? Who got murdered by the Broncos and are "2008-Tennessee'ing" their way through the season"

What the hell is Tenesseing and why am i the only one that thinks this team is a legitimate threat. They are one of the few teams in the league that doesnt rely on its QB like most teams. How is that not a positive thing.

chawx

Reaction score
seahawksny":26zv13e5 said:
RunTheBall":26zv13e5 said:
I keep hearing that we aren't a "championship level team" this year from a lot of people on the board... well then who is?

The Cards? Who got murdered by the Broncos and are "2008-Tennessee'ing" their way through the season

"The Cards? Who got murdered by the Broncos and are "2008-Tennessee'ing" their way through the season"

What the hell is Tenesseing and why am i the only one that thinks this team is a legitimate threat. They are one of the few teams in the league that doesnt rely on its QB like most teams. How is that not a positive thing.

One thing I've noticed when watching Cards games is that gamblers in Vegas haven't bought into them yet, so a lot of their games, Vegas has set up lines to get people to gamble against them—dummy bets if you will. Then the refs are taking over and making sure that anything close is being called FOR the Cards so when they go under the hood, they can say that "after further review" there's inconclusive evidence to overturn the play and keep drives extended or stuff opponents drives cold. This happened this last game against Detroit to the point that it was laughable.

Good on them for taking advantage of the zebras and the gamblers who keep betting against them and losing to Vegas. Hopefully, gamblers decide to get on their bandwagon and get off ours so Vegas can cash in on a super-dummy bet in favor of us.

This is what the NFL has come to for me, which is why I don't get too high or too low. If big payouts by Vegas coincide with your teams success, you won't succeed and the refs will make sure of it. Sorry if it bursts your bubble to know that your team/coaches/etc don't have the final say in how a game will go...

PackerBacker19

Reaction score
chawx":276srex6 said:
seahawksny":276srex6 said:
RunTheBall":276srex6 said:

One thing I've noticed when watching Cards games is that gamblers in Vegas haven't bought into them yet, so a lot of their games, Vegas has set up lines to get people to gamble against them—dummy bets if you will. Then the refs are taking over and making sure that anything close is being called FOR the Cards so when they go under the hood, they can say that "after further review" there's inconclusive evidence to overturn the play and keep drives extended or stuff opponents drives cold. This happened this last game against Detroit to the point that it was laughable.

Good on them for taking advantage of the zebras and the gamblers who keep betting against them and losing to Vegas. Hopefully, gamblers decide to get on their bandwagon and get off ours so Vegas can cash in on a super-dummy bet in favor of us.

This is what the NFL has come to for me, which is why I don't get too high or too low. If big payouts by Vegas coincide with your teams success, you won't succeed and the refs will make sure of it.

So, the refs are intentionally making bad calls? Do you have any proof of this besides the Lions game? I've seen bad calls all over the NFL, but I guess I just attributed it to bad officiating not gambling(cause I do think that might be slightly illegal).

blazen2392

Reaction score
I used to bet frequently and it always seems that the refs are against you covering the spread, especially when you back a the publics bet. I used to think the NFL was rigged for the longest time till just recently. There is no proof. NFL sports betting only counts for less than 1 percent of Vegas total revenue. There is no need, because it is simply a waste of time on their end.

HawkWow

Reaction score
chawx":2wbfzkd8 said:
seahawksny":2wbfzkd8 said:
RunTheBall":2wbfzkd8 said:

This is what the NFL has come to for me, which is why I don't get too high or too low. If big payouts by Vegas coincide with your teams success, you won't succeed and the refs will make sure of it. Sorry if it bursts your bubble to know that your team/coaches/etc don't have the final say in how a game will go...

If you actually believe such nonsense, why have you not been betting Zona and making bank? Not doing so would be the ultimate "dummy non-bet", wouldn't you say? Who told you this shit anyway? Kick 'em in the nuts and call 'em a dumbass.

ensett

Reaction score
SonicHawk":1ogvd9bd said:
BlueBlood":1ogvd9bd said:
YYZHawksFan":1ogvd9bd said:
i'll say it again, why do people think the cards are so good after the recent injury and same with SF after SF has had some marginal games and sure played poorly against the brocos..... i'll call it today, we win both against AZ and SF.

They are overrated in every way besides the win column. They've been extremely fortunate this season. Now that Palmer is out they really are in trouble.

4 of their last 6 on the road including

@Atlanta (fighting for a division title)
@Seattle (buzz saw)
@Frisco (backs against the wall)
@Rams (defeated Broncos, Hawks in their crib)

Their two home games? Hawks and Chiefs

If the Cards lose this week, which they will, I could see them collapsing entirely and missing the playoffs

At some point you're just going to have accept that the Cardinals have a darn good football team. Excellent running, Jamaal Charles-esque back in Ellington

I like Ellington, but statistically the Cardinals are the worst rushing team in he NFL. They average 3.1 yards per carry. Ellington is at 3.4. Combine that with Stanton who would compete for worst completion % in decades if it wasn't for Tebow, and their offense is going to be non existent for the rest of the season other than points set up by their defense and special teams

Seafan

Reaction score
This team doesn't have any passing chemistry, particularly in the red zone. Losing Rice, Tate and Miller dented what little chemistry they had last season. That and the loss of Mebane makes the Seahawks IMO suspect as far as being a contender. Having Mebane and Wagner would certainly have helped the defense last week. The good thing is the Hawks don't play a running team that crafty the rest of the year. Can this team still put a run together? Anything is possible. I do know the defense can play better. I do know that RW can play a lot better. It's going to be interesting.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
as anticipated, AZ was not as good as they were during the first few weeks. injuries have caught up with them. our boyz, performed well. i have no reason to think that they can win another against them and also both against SF provided we don't have any more injuries. too bad we could not get a little help from Washington...they tried.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
YYZHawksFan":2ovepukv said:
i'll say it again, why do people think the cards are so good after the recent injury and same with SF after SF has had some marginal games and sure played poorly against the brocos..... i'll call it today, we win both against AZ and SF.

hmmm.....this turned out rather accurate....but IMO, not entirely unexpected.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
BlueBlood":1zvh9tep said:
YYZHawksFan":1zvh9tep said:

They are overrated in every way besides the win column. They've been extremely fortunate this season. Now that Palmer is out they really are in trouble.

4 of their last 6 on the road including

@Atlanta (fighting for a division title)
@Seattle (buzz saw)
@Frisco (backs against the wall)
@Rams (defeated Broncos, Hawks in their crib)

Their two home games? Hawks and Chiefs

If the Cards lose this week, which they will, I could see them collapsing entirely and missing the playoffs

I didn't bump this thread to toot my horn, that was the guy above me. That being said, TOOT!

BlueBlood

Reaction score
YYZHawksFan":vni9a5gs said:
YYZHawksFan":vni9a5gs said:

hmmm.....this turned out rather accurate....but IMO, not entirely unexpected.

To be honest, I picked Friscos season to go exactly how it did before the season even started. Wish we could pull some of those old threads up.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
We may have had our share of loses but they all have been close games. This is a trend going back several years. Even games we lost we have been in it until the end. I do think there is something to this. Even injured or playing bad we are still capable of being in it. How many other teams can claim this?