Hawkblogger: The Underappreciated

ivotuk

Reaction score
Great write up to refute all the doomsdayers. This team is playing well but is battling injuries. Despite all the people in the injury report, or on IR, we have been in every game this year. With Unger and Okung back, I believe this team takes off and rips off 6 or 7 wins to finish off the season.

"Bennett and Avril ranked third and fifth a year ago. They rank fourth and fifth now. Chris Clemons ranked 17th a year ago, and is now second from the bottom (#52) of all DEs listed."

http://www.hawkblogger.com/2014/11/the- ... .html#more

Cartire

Reaction score
You get out of here with your facts.

People want the big ticket items. Sacks, interceptions, and highlights. Thats how you can tell if a player is really good, by how many times they are on Sportscenters top 10. :sarcasm_off:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Preachy, graceless, mostly correct. That's Nemhauser, and I'm sure he's content with it.

But I would have felt better about his point 48 hours ago, before this week's injury news.

Erebus

Reaction score
With how well Bennett and Avril rush the passer and how well Sherman and Burley are playing, it really makes me wonder why we don't have more sacks and interceptions. I think part of it is that we really are getting everyone's best game. QBs are releasing the ball quickly and accurately. But I don't think that tells the whole story.

Cartire

Reaction score
Erebus":3jcmt3f0 said:
With how well Bennett and Avril rush the passer and how well Sherman and Burley are playing, it really makes me wonder why we don't have more sacks and interceptions. I think part of it is that we really are getting everyone's best game. QBs are releasing the ball quickly and accurately. But I don't think that tells the whole story.

I can understand this line of thinking. I dont necessarily agree with it. You (being all of us), would hope we could record more sacks and more interceptions. But its still a low percentage occurrence. At this point, we've just been rolling up unlucky. Were doing our assignments, and getting to where we need to be (most of the time) but the ball just doesnt bounce your way sometimes, and were on a cold spell. Lets hope last weeks game was indication of the Law of Averages balancing out.

Sometimes people tend to forget the chaotic event that is football. Not every problem has an answer. Things change, and things bounce, and a shift here, and a .4 second time decision here. There is so much going on and the better team, play, or player, isnt necessarily going to come out victorious every time. We've won the last 3, and yet we sense a cold spell. Thats fine. Law of averages. The ball was bouncing nicely our way last game. Lets be thankful for that.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Erebus":slzodvcg said:

The part about getting everyone's best game.

Latest posts