Was it enough?

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Was it enough of a win margin to keep the negative naysayers at bay this week? I believe that most patrons of this board think that every game last year was equal to the 43-8 drubbing in the Super Bowl.

gargantual

Reaction score
No.

The people who didn't like Wilson his first year have been emboldened after his passing has faltered a bit the last few games (so the "I told you so"s have started coming out).

I've said it before, but I'll still take Russell's "bad" over most any other QB's good.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":3ew5nnf3 said:
Just ignore the ones who can't enjoy a win. GO Hawks.

I agree the Hawks dominated the second half , like they did most of last year , yes the passing games needs improvement , but man it was nice to see the domination from the Hawks backs and Mr Wilson .

GO HAWKS

olyfan63

Reaction score
m0ng0":sq913fyo said:
FIRE BEVELL ! :D
HIRE CABLE!!

Actually, Bevell called a pretty good game, all things considered.

Rainger

Reaction score
gargantual":72kn6g89 said:
No.

The people who didn't like Wilson his first year have been emboldened after his passing has faltered a bit the last few games (so the "I told you so"s have started coming out).

I've said it before, but I'll still take Russell's "bad" over most any other QB's good.

:13: pretty soon they are going to b saying we made a mistake and should have kept Flynn.

Escamillo

Reaction score
gargantual":wmy0yluo said:
No.

Has Hugh Millen started "I told you so"s yet? lol

gargantual

Reaction score
Escamillo":udw53bwl said:
gargantual":udw53bwl said:
No.

Has Hugh Millen started "I told you so"s yet? lol
I'm sure it's coming :).

NorCalSeahawkFan

Reaction score
Im always happy even to win by 1 point. Today at the half, I just had a feeling that we would win. It felt good.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
gargantual":2pxzsq8m said:
No.

That's complete and utter BS. I really supported Wilson since day 1 when I saw that he was a special talent and had the potential to lead our team for many years. That's precisely why I have been so frustrated with how he's looked lately. All I want is for him to return to how he's looked the majority of his career! I thought he would take a big step forward his third year, kinda like Andrew Luck. Instead he's regressed.

But keep living in your pretend world where everyone who doesn't sugar coat things and doesn't blindly support everything is a no gooder who just wanted the guy to fail from the beginning :roll:

gargantual

Reaction score
NorCalSeahawkFan":1qay6f2d said:
Im always happy even to win by 1 point. Today at the half, I just had a feeling that we would win. It felt good.
I didn't stop sweating it until we were up by two TDs. I like what someone else said, that it'd become a blowout after we started getting out of our own way.

It didn't look like we were going to do that until late in the game....well the last half anyways. I think we can build on this and the defense is going to start really clicking again with Lane and Maxwell back. Just hope 'Bane is alright. Not sure what we'll look like without him for a stretch. Please please please be alright man! Well, maybe if our run D suffers with him out, this is the time when our O starts running wild. They're due to start playing better. I think they will going forward.

ivotuk

Reaction score
tGreancarlson":d0ujklch said:
gargantual":d0ujklch said:
No.

That's complete and utter BS. I really supported Wilson since day 1 when I saw that he was a special talent and had the potential to lead our team for many years. That's precisely why I have been so frustrated with how he's looked lately. All I want is for him to return to how he's looked the majority of his career! I thought he would take a big step forward his third year, kinda like Andrew Luck. Instead he's regressed.

But keep living in your pretend world where everyone who doesn't sugar coat things and doesn't blindly support everything is a no gooder who just wanted the guy to fail from the beginning :roll:

Some people don't like to hear anything negative.

Great win today, good to see some of our players get back on the field, but we beat a bad team, as we should have.

The problem is, Russell threw 2 ints against a depleted secondary. Today was supposed to be a banner day for the passing offense, it wasn't. It was one of his worst passing games ever. So what's up?

That kind of passing won't play against the Kansas City Chiefs. Great win, now let's clean up the passing game and go beat KC.

gargantual

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":2eygpaxr said:
gargantual":2eygpaxr said:
No.

Geez, are you stalking me or what (just kidding man).

I've been getting jumped on from both ends here lately. Either I'm a blind homer, or else I'm tearing down our beloved team. Last I checked, I'm not bi-polar (that's my wife, actually :) ), so I don't see how I can be both at the same time. Isn't that something like matter and antimatter co-existing?

I'm very concerned about how Wilson's playing as well (his passing game ie accuracy and decision-making), but I'm certainly not referring to you specifically, johnC. I definitely agree that he's regressed lately. I just think there's a good chance there's a reason, probably that he's been playing hurt. The O-Line is obviously a factor as well.

I've just felt that lately it's like watching vultures circling. I'm actually surprised we haven't heard more from the national media about the whole game manager/he's too short/not a real QB, etc. It definitely feels like some people have been just waiting for the chance to castigate him (once again, not you or anyone else around here specifically).

OkieHawk

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":3ro41mox said:
gargantual":3ro41mox said:
No.

Egotistical much? He didn't call anyone out, and yet you got super defensive. Weird.

gargantual

Reaction score
Well, great game everyone. We definitely SHOULD have won this game, but a win is....yadda yadda yadda
/platitudes

I've got some reading to do, so good night to all, and you-know-what HAWKS!

Of course, this place is somewhat an obsession for me, so can't promise I won't be back later tonight.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
For me this was the most enjoyable win this year since the Green Bay game. The second half in particular was a real treat to watch and inspiring for the rest of the year.

That being said, there are some concerns heading toward the difficult final 7 game stretch. For some, expressing discontent with certain aspects of our team is a way of venting fear that our high expectations for our team won't be met this year. For others, they simply want to see the Hawks improve in areas that warrant improvement. We all want the Hawks to have another deep run but it seems as though many will attack posters simply because they are not constant "rah rah" fans or even if they express any dissatisfaction with the team's play. I'm very "cautiously optimistic" for the remainder of the season but generalizing that this win should properly keep naysayers away (with the implication that they should just stay away) is over-broad. I'm new to this board but it seems that this forum exists for people to express not just praise and satisfaction, but if they please, frustration and disapproval with players, coaches or anything else.