is Jered Abbrederis worth a 3rd round look?

davidonmi

Reaction score
6-1 190, projected around 90 overall. Had an outstanding connection with Russell at Wisconsin, just watching some of russ' highlights at Wiscy, toon was the flashy one but everytime they needed a play RW went to Abbrederis

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Got to love a walk on. Not got great speed but ALWAYS finds a way to get open, and has good hands.

Remember speaking to a Badgers fan about him and Nick Toon around the time we drafted Wilson. He rated Abbrederis significantly higher.

I'd be happy with it. Trouble is, we don't have a third rounder!

OP
OP
davidonmi

davidonmi

Reaction score
it's also worth noting he torched Bradley roby, a projected first round CB for 10 caches 207 and a TD

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I've been hoping he'd get a look. WR is soon to be an area of rotation on the Seahawks, and SEA has a way of grabbing WR's at around the third or fourth round (Kris Durham, Chris Harper).

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":1nhlii6r said:
Sure, we don't have a 3rd though...

Yet. What are the chances we trade down? Pretty darned good.

I see him as being a strong candidate for us if we don't go WR earlier. He fits well in terms of role and ball skills. Also very strong special teams guy. I see him as a strong candidate if we lose Tate to salary concerns.

kearly

Reaction score
I like him a lot, but I never watched him play and thought "3rd rounder". If he goes that high, I say great, but guys like him go in the round 5-7 range every year.

He's a very similar player to the current version of Jermaine Kearse. We got Kearse in UDFA. I think Kearse's drop problem obviously played a big factor in him lasting so long. I think Abbrederis' pigment problem will probably hurt him in a similar way. White WRs are usually late round picks. There have been just a handful that have been drafted in the first three rounds in the last decade or so. No one will admit it, but race perceptions are still in play for a lot of GMs, at least for certain race-position combinations.

That said, if Seattle traded into the 3rd round and took Abbrederis there, I wouldn't complain. He's going to be a quality NFL WR on a cheap contract. And of course, he appeared to have immediate chemistry with Wilson at Wisconsin. To me, that kind of player is worth a 3rd round pick.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
kearly":3ulp9sux said:
I like him a lot, but I never watched him play and thought "3rd rounder". If he goes that high, I say great, but guys like him go in the round 5-7 range every year.

He's a very similar player to the current version of Jermaine Kearse. We got Kearse in UDFA. I think Kearse's drop problem obviously played a big factor in him lasting so long. I think Abbrederis' pigment problem will probably hurt him in a similar way. White WRs are usually late round picks. There have been just a handful that have been drafted in the first three rounds in the last decade or so. No one will admit it, but race perceptions are still in play for a lot of GMs, at least for certain race-position combinations.

That said, if Seattle traded into the 3rd round and took Abbrederis there, I wouldn't complain. He's going to be a quality NFL WR on a cheap contract. And of course, he appeared to have immediate chemistry with Wilson at Wisconsin. To me, that kind of player is worth a 3rd round pick.

It's funny when things are so politically correct they nearly sound racist. I get what you mean though; and never considered his similarity to Kearse until now... size and ability to get stupidly open (at least at college).

I bet Russ gets a say, even if it's just Pete and John enquiring about him.

Quick question to anyone more ITK of the draft process than me (i.e. everyone)... what are the chances Pete and John watch college tape with Russ to get his opinion on potential draft targets?

Latest posts