Alabama vs Texas A&M. Who ya got?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I don't think Alabama looks quite as dominant as they've looked the last 2 or 3 years. But I still think they take A&M to the woodshed a little bit. I'm guessing Alabama wins something like 38-24..

Laloosh

Reaction score
In either case it doesn't spare me the agony of listening to more analysts talking about SEC dominance. I could care less who wins but I'm curious... am I an ass if (ignoring all of my other obvious flaws) I hope a singularity develops in the center of the field and wipes out both teams?

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":1xk0t561 said:
In either case it doesn't spare me the agony of listening to more analysts talking about SEC dominance. I could care less who wins but I'm curious... am I an ass if (ignoring all of my other obvious flaws) I hope a singularity develops in the center of the field and wipes out both teams?

Well, if you don't want to listen to that talk from the analysts, flip over to the Oregon vs Tennessee game which is on at the same time. Then you can see the SEC getting their asses kicked. :D

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
JSeahawks":27mr2hsd said:
E.C. Laloosh":27mr2hsd said:

Well, if you don't want to listen to that talk from the analysts, flip over to the Oregon vs Tennessee game which is on at the same time. Then you can see the SEC getting their asses kicked. :D

Watch out! Stone Cold is coming!

seahawk2k

Reaction score
I don't think Stone Cold would even argue that Tennessee is going to get embarrassed.

A&M outplayed and outcoached Bama last year and were one step ahead the whole game. That rarely happens to Saban, and it almost never happens twice. I don't think Bama is going to win the title this year, as this appears to be their weakest team since 2009, I say Bama wins by a touchdown in a low scoring affair.

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
seahawk2k":1tpf6n23 said:
I don't think Stone Cold would even argue that Tennessee is going to get embarrassed.

A&M outplayed and outcoached Bama last year and were one step ahead the whole game. That rarely happens to Saban, and it almost never happens twice. I don't think Bama is going to win the title this year, as this appears to be their weakest team since 2009, I say Bama wins by a touchdown in a low scoring affair.

Haha nope. Bama FTW! The Ducks have a cute little program over there though. Atleast the scheduled division 1 teams this year in Virginia and Tennessee.

Chapow

Reaction score
Uh huh. An SEC fan has absolutely no room to talk trash about other programs out of conference schedules.

Alabama is the powerhouse of the SEC, lets look at some of their recent opponents shall we?

Western Kentucky Hilltoppers
Florida Atlantic Owls
Western Carolina Catamounts

Kent State Golden Flashes
North Texas Mean Green
Georgia Southern Eagles

San Jose State Spartans
Duke Blue Devils
Georgia State Panthers

Florida International Golden Panthers
North Texas Mean Green
Chattanooga Mocs

And every single one of those games except 1 was at home for Alabama.

Yeah, pretty much every single year Alabama schedules at least 3 teams that they would crush if they were playing 10 against 11 with their backups.

You looking forward to the Georgia State, Chattanooga, and Colorado State games (which are all in Tuscaloosa of course) this season Stoned Cold?

volsunghawk

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":yb17l8p5 said:

Hell, I'm an SEC school alum, and I'd be fine with the singularity gambit.

Either that or a freak lightning strike or something.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1cv8lcub said:
Hell, I'm an SEC school alum, and I'd be fine with the singularity gambit.

Either that or a freak lightning strike or something.

Since my son will be there, I hope your wishes don't come true. ;)

Too early in the season to get a good read on both teams, but hope it's a fun game to watch with A&M getting the W.

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
Chapow":2pql4b91 said:
Uh huh. An SEC fan has absolutely no room to talk trash about other programs out of conference schedules.

Alabama is the powerhouse of the SEC, lets look at some of their recent opponents shall we?

You looking forward to the Georgia State, Chattanooga, and Colorado State games (which are all in Tuscaloosa of course) this season Stoned Cold?

It was a crack about their schedule last season when they played nobody non conference. In Oregons defense they had Kansas State originally scheduled but imo Bill Snyder literally DUCKed out of that one.

But anyways, thats not the topic here.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I'm pulling for Bama. Don't like the SEC, hate the Aggies. Having said that. We all know what a devoted bunch of fans can do to help their team. Should be interesting to say the least.

kearly

Reaction score
I think the one thing nobody is talking about that they should be was how Texas A&M shut down Alabama's offense last year. Manziel did a great job but it's not like he rolled 40 on them. That game was won with a fast start and outstanding defense. If McCarron still can't solve that defense, then I think A&M wins again.