LSU vs TCU

pmedic920

Reaction score
Come on 12th man nation. Get behind TCU with me. Not a bad bunch to pull for. Wouldn't hurt y'all one bit to adopt this team. Heck plenty of y'all have step children already, right ?

SharkHawk

Reaction score
I enjoy watching TCU. I think Patterson is the best X's and O's coach in college football. He does more with less talent than most teams do with 1 and 2 star recruits. His guys are always in supreme condition. They don't seem to get tired. They use the 3-3-5 with great impact and move seamlessly between the 4 man 3 man and even 2 man front looks and confuse the hell out of offenses.

They seem to have a big time pass rusher, mauling linebacker, and a dominant wide receiver every year no matter what. Patterson is one of my favorite coaches. The whole coaching tree is quite impressive. Patterson, Rocky Long, and Bronco Mendenhall are all part of the same group, and they each have built really strong programs (TCU, BYU, and SDSU). All of them came from New Mexico and are legends in the "mid-majors". TCU deserves more credit because they typically are getting the guys that don't get offered by Texas, A&M, Oklahoma, OSU, and even Texas Tech for a long time, but still win and win big.

Go Frogs. :)

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Hey Shark. Well written and true. I've been down here many years now, and it's way to easy to jump on the Longhorn or Aggie bandwagon. The Frogs are my favorite Texas team, and have been for a long time.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Glad to have a friend that likes TCU. They are entertaining every week. Patterson has had every opportunity to be an Urban Meyer and jump to wherever he wanted to, but he wants to be at TCU and build them into a juggernaut. Great guy. I'm glad he's stuck around. Franchione had a similar start to his career, but his constant jumps seemed to show that he wasn't as ethical as he claimed to be, and the truth about him was quickly known.

I think Patterson learned a lesson from Dennis's missteps. I look forward to the day when the Frogs are stomping everybody in Texas regularly and Patterson gets the stadium named after him. Really similar to LaVell Edwards career path at Utah State then BYU.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
A good friend of mine's son is a walk on at TCU.

Probably won't see much action as a freshman, but definitely rooting for the Frogs!

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Alright... that makes three froggers here. Jump on the bandwagon guys! :)

I loved watching The Heater play MLB for them and then get his shot with the Hawks. I also really enjoyed watching Jerry Hughes, Andy Dalton and Jeremy Kerly. Great great GREAT college players. Patterson knows how to find them. Clint Gresham played there too and has been rock solid for the Hawks.

Keep us updated on your friend's son DTex. I know that even if he never plays a down this year he'll learn a great deal and have a really good experience. I would send my own son to play for Coach P in a heartbeat. He's a smart guy and expects his guys to go to class and grow in all aspects of their life.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Massive respect for TCU. Patterson is a great coach and has done what you have to do when you end up getting the guys that the big Texas schools don't want. He's got a brilliant scheme that players can grow into.

I also really like LSU and just the pure brutality that they play with. They won't outthink anybody offensively(that ended when Jimbo Fisher left), but they just beat up teams, and I dig that.

I'm just hoping for a good game, I like and respect both programs.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Patterson is one of the guys I was hoping for when Chip Kelly went to the NFL. Definitely rooting for TCU in this one (although in truth its more rooting against the SEC).

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
JSeahawks":204qtwwg said:
Patterson is one of the guys I was hoping for when Chip Kelly went to the NFL. Definitely rooting for TCU in this one (although in truth its more rooting against the SEC).
I like TCU a lot. Dislike the SEC a lot. This one is a no brainer for me. Don't really expect the Frogs to win, but I will be pulling for them. They have a very respectable program.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Looks like LSU brought their own personal officiating crew. Les Miles gets to make 2 calls in the last 5 seconds. What a load.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
SharkHawk":27fwehq4 said:
Alright... that makes three froggers here. Jump on the bandwagon guys! :)

Keep us updated on your friend's son DTex. I know that even if he never plays a down this year he'll learn a great deal and have a really good experience. I would send my own son to play for Coach P in a heartbeat. He's a smart guy and expects his guys to go to class and grow in all aspects of their life.

He started class in the summer with all the other freshman to get some hours so they wouldn't have a huge schedule during the fall. This also allows them to start hitting the weight room, learn the program, and get used to being away from home early.

There was always an abundance of quality food for them and he put on 10+ pounds of muscle. Plays WR but can use the muscle.