WSU

jpetty38

Reaction score
Okay, so as a WSU fan living in Arizona i'm a bit out of it. I know mike Leach is a good coach..but any ideas when we might see some improvement or have already seen any. Intrested to hear from UW fans as well.

I mean last time I remember us being good was in the early 2000's.

Dawgs0

Reaction score
I think your recruiting classes will have to improve to expect some big improvement in wins. I doubt that the talent on the team right now is good enough to win big games week in and week out. Of course, I may be wrong, because I would have never expected WSU to beat UW last year, so we'll see.

Good luck, though. I would love to see a future game between UW and WSU, in which the outcome would matter. The games this past decade have been terrible, in that both teams have been extremely bad.

I think this is a good article to read.:

http://www.uwdawgpound.com/2013/8/7/458 ... gton-state

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Leach is a good coach, and he'll win eventually. Last year was all about weeding out the entitled lazy players of Paul Wulff. The depth was awful and the roster was littered with players that had no place on a Pac 12 roster.

The recruiting classes are getting better, and depth continues to improve, but aside from receiver and defensive line, there isn't a lot of impact talent out there.

I'm thinking five wins this year and then the beginning of a bowl run starting next year.

If the offensive line can block and the quarterback can learn to check down, they might be able to make a bowl this year, but honestly, i'm just hoping for five wins and more competitive football.

Dawgs0

Reaction score
I'm personally looking forward to that Auburn match up. I'm wondering whether WSU will compete with them. Gus Malzahn is a really good coach and he was much more responsible for their title than Chizik. His team at Arkansas State was not bad. He will do well with Auburn's talent.

I think they'll be much better and they have a lot of talent. If WSU can compete with them, then WSU will show that they are a much better team and that they have improved. But, I just don't think WSU's O-line is good enough to match up with Auburn's SEC D-line.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
I totally agree about WSU Auburn, WSU doesn't have the horses up front to hold their own against an SEC line. Malzahn is a damn good coach too.

OP
OP
jpetty38

jpetty38

Reaction score
I see, well I do know the dark times of Wolfe and I was pumped to hear mike Leach was the new coach as I love what he did with Texas tech. I did note in our recruting class a lot more talent was coming our way no 5 star talent but a lot of 3 stars unlike with wolfe where it was like -10 star

zifnab32

Reaction score
jpetty38":otm18dqd said:
I see, well I do know the dark times of Wolfe and I was pumped to hear mike Leach was the new coach as I love what he did with Texas A&M. I did note in our recruting class a lot more talent was coming our way no 5 star talent but a lot of 3 stars unlike with wolfe where it was like -10 star

Texas Tech, not Texas A&M

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'm rooting for WSU. I'd like to see Leach get the job done (as long as they don't beat my Ducks). The more good pac 12 teams the better.