Mock draft with trades

Erebus

Reaction score
I get why you have Geno Smith so low in the 1st round, but I doubt every NFL team will agree, and someone will probably take him too early. QBs tend to get over-drafted.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Just going off what the talk seems to be right now... that he could fall a bit if he doesn't go #8 to Buffalo (which sounds very unlikely).

kearly

Reaction score
It's really hard to get a read on Buffalo, though the Barkley/Nassib rumor actually makes me more suspicious that the guy they actually want is Geno Smith.

My guess is that Buffalo trades down and takes the best remaining QB later in the first. They only have 6 draft picks and are hurting for a talent overhaul on that roster. They can take advantage of an undervalued QB class by moving down.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
kearly":19fmfgvv said:
It's really hard to get a read on Buffalo, though the Barkley/Nassib rumor actually makes me more suspicious that the guy they actually want is Geno Smith.

I mentioned the exact same thing this weekend. Buffalo is kind of amateurish in how it tries to use misdirection. It really felt to me like a clumsy way of smoke screening their intent.

SDHawk

Reaction score
kearly":1ljwwopd said:

My guess is that Buffalo trades down and takes the best remaining QB later in the first. They only have 6 draft picks and are hurting for a talent overhaul on that roster. They can take advantage of an undervalued QB class by moving down.

Problem is everyone is trying to trade down.

Only teams wanting to trade up that high are San Diego or Miami. Both are looking for an elite tackle. Miami looks more likely to surrender a 2nd rounder for Brandon Albert. Even if Miami/San Diego were to trade up to 8... Fisher, Johnson and Fluker could all be gone. I think the wildcard is the Cowboys. They like Vaccaro at #18 but could be willing to move up for a shot at one of those offensive tackles, if not, they would be just as happy with Lotulelei, Shariff or Sheldon Richardson.

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
Erebus":2vrczsp5 said:
I get why you have Geno Smith so low in the 1st round, but I doubt every NFL team will agree, and someone will probably take him too early. QBs tend to get over-drafted.

After seeing what happend to the jets by drafting mark sanchez to early mixed with the success of Russel Wilson being drafted late i bet teams are more willing to wait it out but thats my opinion.

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
Kyle Long, Terron Armstead, and Menelik Watson all in the first round now? Did I miss something? Weren't these guys all mid to late second rounders ten days ago?

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Thunderhawk":8og3v161 said:
Kyle Long, Terron Armstead, and Menelik Watson all in the first round now? Did I miss something? Weren't these guys all mid to late second rounders ten days ago?

Lot of talk all three could be first round picks. Given that it now looks increasingly likely the top three tackles will be gone by pick #5, don't be surprised if other offensive lineman move up the board. We're not going to see 30 picks go by before another tackle is drafted. Too many teams have a need there.

pehawk

Reaction score
Good stuff. Love the balls (bollocks?) of adding trades to your mock. It makes it a MUCH more entertaining read, without losing any credibility or substance.