Seattle Mariners at Houston Astros May 3-5...

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
I never understood why trying to pick off a runner from third?! Its not like the guy is going to steal home anyways.
Any time you can steal an out you go for it, if it is a fairly safe throw. Cal is usually better on his throws, though. He spiked that one 10 feet in front of the 3d baseman. Just have to put it behind us and not get psyched out.

NoGain

Reaction score
Unless there was an injury or something there was no reason to pull your best pitcher at 88 pitches. The bullpen was probably so shocked too about it that's the reason they couldn't throw strikes.
I don't have a problem with the pull. It's a long season and we're going to be relying on our starting pitching for success more than perhaps any other playoff contending team. The pen didn't close the deal. Bad performance. It happens.

I do wonder if we're going to be in the market for another reliever.

cymatica

Reaction score
Save me a seat on the bandwagon, I might need a ride in a month or so

Crizilla

Reaction score
Lol the starting pitching is unreal. They sat Rojas again but luckily offense showed up. I'm not sure if there's a point in playing Swags. Very *interesting* decision to send Clase back down and sit Rojas so much. Remember last year when they sat Cabby all September?

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Offense from some unlikely sources. Urias with the dinger, Garver with a couple of doubles and an RBI. Nice to see.

Also nice to see the defense not doing their Bad News Bears impersonation. Couple of sharp double plays backing Logan. Overall pro quality defense tonight.

This is what Jerry and Scott were envisioning when they put the team together. Great pitching, solid defense, timely hitting. Was actually enjoying some of the commentary when they were discussing the hitting strategy and how the guys were finally getting the ball in the air to generate some hits. Hate the in-game player interviews.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Up 2-0 but Julio strikes out on terrible pitches with bases loaded 0 out. Hes the one who should be sitting for a game or two. Literally no coaching going on. There was no reason to go up there swinging like an idiot. Scotty is too much of a wimp to say "hey Julio idk about going up there hacking, pitcher can't locate". I've never seen such stupid managing in my life. He can't even talk with his own players. Can't coach them. Can't nothing. Push over wimp whos too scared. Almost every game with these derps. It would truly be a miracle if Scotty and Manny bring Seattle a World Series. A true miracle. If this team had an average not elite pitching staff they easily have one of the worst records in the league.

Julio strikes out on literally nothing but balls again. Game should be blown open. If Julio literally just stands there in the box he has an RBI and 3 walks. Ms would have had bases loaded 0 out again, and man on 1st and 3rd the next inning.
There is no coaching going on. I wouldn't even want these guys managing vending machine inventory at a school. It's a joke.

Last edited:

Crizilla

Reaction score
Scotty on the verge of blowing another game. Can't properly manage a game when the opposing pitcher can't throw strikes. Incapable of learning after almost a decade as the skipper. Lol so many are saying the same thing on other Mariner forums/social media I mean it's not even debatable anymore it's a poorly managed team. Seahawks and Kraken moved onto different coaches staffs this year. Time for Ms. Don't care how good the pitching is this is ridiculous.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Maybe Miller has to learn not to miss with that slider in a lefty's loop zone. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
After that circus loss Friday they really put it together to get the series win. Not huge in the standings right now but definitely a huge psychological boost.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Man I wish Julio wouldn't chase so much.

Crizilla

Reaction score
CAL BAILING SCOTTY AND JULIO OUT!!!!
Cal only dude with an OPS above .700 besides Rojas.
Julio's .620 OPS is just brutal. Like JPatera said above the dude chases the game so much. He would simply have a higher OPS if he just stood there sometimes. I wonder if there's some communication barrier between him and the coaches. The fact nobody has sat him down yet and talked with him. A rich 20 year old needs guidance and mentoring. Call Edgar. Call Cruz. Freaking do something. Don't let him do another home run derby either.

Last edited:

NoGain

Reaction score
It took the weekend to make the Stros our beyatch.