Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Post subject: Everett Dawkins DT Florida St.
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:27 pm 
NET Veteran

If anyone has covered Dawkins before my bad did'nt have the time to look back but i would be happy if we got him in the 4th rd.

Everett Dawkins has the potential to be the pass rushing 3 tech that the seahawks are looking for. he does not have the ideal size 6'2 292 33 inch arms but he does have an explosive first step and is a penetrating DT that pushes the pocket. shows hustle on his pass rush and has a few counter moves to go with a spin move. He still needs to build up some strength to be an every down player but the scouting report said he is best suited for a one gap system and thats what the seahawks are looking for a quick penetrating DT that hustles to the ball. Below i will compare Dawkins and S. Richardsons combine numbers and they are'nt that far off.

Dawkins- 5.06 40, 23 reps/bench, 30' vertical jump,
S.Richardson-5.02 40, 30 reps/bench, 32' vertical jump

so maybe with a year to add some muscle we can have our pass rushing 3 tech to put along side the LEO.

Post subject: Re: Everett Dawkins DT Florida St.
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:33 am 
NET Starter

Dawkins is a guy I watched quite a bit at the beginning of the year and I like him. 4th/5th round is ideal for him. Penetrating 3 tech that can make a roster and be a solid rotational guy in passing situations.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]