Intrigued by Mark Harrison(WR Rutgers)

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
He's blowing it up with the measurable tests.

He's 6'3" 230lbs and posted a 4.46 time in the 40.

17 reps on the bench, a solid number.

38.5" on the vertical jump, 4th best amongst WR's. 129" on the broad jump, good for 5th.

6.99 on the 3 cone, a solid number for his size.

I watched some of his youtube videos. A couple had interviews, and he sounds like a good kid, a very hard worker. He looks like a load to bring down after the catch. Good hands, good awareness, able to get separation off the LOS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOiwIK_2FiE

This is him in the Ark, Louisville and Cinci games this year.

He didn't put up monster numbers or anything while at Rutgers, but it might be part of that having to do with weak QB talent and their style. 2011 was spotty, it looks like he may have been hurt the 2nd half of the season. Anyone know much about this kid?

CBS had him rated as a 7th rounder. No chance in hell he's around after the 4th or 5th I assume, now. Would suck if he was on our radar for one of those later round picks.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I made a thread yesterday about him after watching the combine. His combination of size and speed is very intriguing. Has to work on them drops tho. He's projected to be a 7th/UFA but I'm pretty someone will grab him sooner.

Chawker

Reaction score
I like him reminds me of Mike Williams, he has a different running style or a funny foot work....just not fluent. Could be why he a 7th round prospect, love his size & speed....desent catching ability.

PhillySeahawk

Reaction score
Harrison is a physical specimen whose numbers suffered because of mediocre QB play and even worse offensive play calling. Great kid too. Glad he's getting the chance to show what he can do.

cover-2

Reaction score
I think Harrison can be like 49ers TE Delanie Walker, Walker was also a college WR that the 49ers converted to a TE.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
cover-2":2l6wmoe7 said:
I think Harrison can be like 49ers TE Delanie Walker, Walker was also a college WR that the 49ers converted to a TE.

I disagree. Delanie Walker is only 6-0.

Harrison's is 6-3 and 231 lbs and runs 4.46 40. His numbers translate pretty well to the football field. I think he's got the pontential to be true #1 WR in the NFL.

Check out this tape:

[youtube]YOiwIK_2FiE[/youtube]

ivotuk

Reaction score
Harrison looks really good. That QB, Gary Nova, reminds me of Drew Brees. His stance when under center, movement out of the pocket and that posture when he throws the ball. It will be interesting to see if his throwing takes a big leap next year, it's pretty good right now but not spectacular.

PhillySeahawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":zeq15nc7 said:
That QB, Gary Nova, reminds me of Drew Brees. His stance when under center, movement out of the pocket and that posture when he throws the ball. It will be interesting to see if his throwing takes a big leap next year, it's pretty good right now but not spectacular.

That's funny. Half the Rutgers fan base wants him benched. He really needs to take a step forward this year, especially with the receiving corps they have.

cover-2

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":32xdc8fn said:
cover-2":32xdc8fn said:

I disagree. Delanie Walker is only 6-0.

Harrison's is 6-3 and 231 lbs and runs 4.46 40. His numbers translate pretty well to the football field. I think he's got the pontential to be true #1 WR in the NFL.

Check out this tape:

[youtube]YOiwIK_2FiE[/youtube]

I scouted Harrison on a few of his games this past season, so have know about him for months. Size wise Walker is 3 inches shorter and 10 lbs heavier than Harrison, but they have similar playing speed. Harrison's speed is more of a build up speed and so that is why I would be more intrigued with him as a motion TE or have a Delanie Walker type role; Swiss army knife type of player on offense.

Latest posts