Seahawks have meeting with Quinton Patton at combine

chris98251

Reaction score
Just remember it not who they talk to, it's who they avoid talking to that were typically interested in.

kearly

Reaction score
Yeah, I think the combine meetings have a lot of smokescreen action. They are always listed officially, whereas a team scout meeting with a player at an all-star game often goes unreported and is safer.

Patton does make sense in terms of what he can do physically, but I don't like him as much as most people seem to. He might be my 15th favorite WR this year. I don't hate him or anything, but I've watched his stuff and not seeing what the 2nd round hype is all about. In the 6th round, sure, sign me up. Much earlier than that would be a mistake with the draft being so loaded this year, IMO.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
chris98251":1u2ggk8c said:
Just remember it not who they talk to, it's who they avoid talking to that were typically interested in.

This is the one thing I have learned from this regime. Those that they talk to seem to be the ones that they never seem to draft lol.

sutz

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":2af8b2ts said:
chris98251":2af8b2ts said:
That was my first thought, as well.
But remember it's an odd numbered year, so they'll be doing their reverse psychology thing this time.

:twisted:

garydrake425

Reaction score
All this means is we are looking at Wr. Now which one and when we are gonna take him in the draft is a mystery. Getting some pass rushers is a top priority. What position's are the deepest with talented players may show when we may have to draft some of these guys. If there is a need but not many players with mad skills in that position I could see us picking him or them higher. Just my 2 cents.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I just want another physical WR like Joe Jurevicius (sp.) type target for Wilson.
I liked how he would give his all to make the catch, but what I liked equally as well, was if the catch wasn't there, he played the ball like a Corner, and kept the ball from being an interception by scrambling the ball.
JJ was also a damned good blocker...good teamer.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Want a bigger, or faster, or more proven WR. he doesn't bring anything special we don't already have.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Wenhawk":c337gsti said:
Want a bigger, or faster, or more proven WR. he doesn't bring anything special we don't already have.
Justin Hunter please.

chris98251

Reaction score
I would look at guys that Pete still recruited, Quinn knows and recruited that they don't have to talk to to know, it's been the way they have done things to date. Also this front office does it's dilligence before the combine watching tape. I think we use the combines as smoke screens more then real evaluations to throw teams off, we also seem to use them to get a market feel for what teams are looking at that don't ummm use the bait and switch as well as we do.