Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:21 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:21 pm
Posts: 1403
probably one of the best football moments of my life was going to a game in South Bend. Even though they crushed the Huskies and this old timer made sure to play the fight song every time our eyes met after the game at some alumni club we went to, it was an epic trip.

Funny story about that club...Not sure of its name, I do think its on campus or real close to it, can't remember now. I do remember we got in as a family friend was a big shot at ND, on the board of some alumni thing or something...anyhoo... We order drinks, the old timer across the way is tapping his glass every 2 min. for the bartender to play the fight song cuz there was a young punk in the house with a W on his hat. I had enough of the rah rah crap (I went to Western so I wasn't overly upset about the Huskies loss) so I got up from the table to take in the place.

The place was covered in history. Pictures of all the greatest players in ND history. The Gipper, Joe T, Montana, Brown, Waters, Bettis, on and on. I went on a mission, I had to find our QB of the Seattle Seahawks, Rick Mirer! I search around the bar, in the hallways, everywhere and no sign of our Seahawks QB.

Dejected, I head back to the table for dinner. We finish up with the eats, grandpa is calling for the fight song...AGAIN. so I get up in a last ditch effort to find some pictures of Mirer. They had to have them right? He was only the best QB at ND since Montana! Nothing, Nadda, cant find a single one.

So back to the table for another round and more relentless ND rah rah. Finally, its time to leave. I make a break for the head before we hit the streets, and guess what? You got it. With my junk in my hand, my eyes glance up, and there right above the crapper was that all familiar smirk of our not so beloved (it was 96 after all) QB Rick Mirer. Perfect! ND and Seahawk fans have something in common! We shipped the bum to Chicago the following season, lol.

anyway, grats to the domers, they will be crushed by bamma.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:51 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 10040
This thread gives. Redeye was looking for a fight when he started. "They won every game they were presented"? Doesn't Notre Dame make their own schedule?

Lets see. Notre Dame has NO conference schedule, so they can play who they want. The lack of opponents on their schedule is entirely their doing, so let's stop with the "they won the games they were presented" talk. Notre Dame won't join a conference because they love the NBC cash truck. Nothing more, nothing less.

I for one will enjoy watching Bama gut them. And I hate the SEC.

_________________
SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:59 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:58 pm
Posts: 1201
Location: Boise
Scottemojo,

Looking for a fight? Sorry to offend you with CONGRATS POST to Notre Dame. The haters can blantently try to hi jack a thread but most will see thru it..

But hey we can't have a good ole Congrats post without mentioning the other #5.. Wow congrats to Everett Golson the pride of Myrtle Beach Seahawks (bet you didn't know that).. What a fantastic player..

<Ok cue in Golson bashing now>

BTW,

I think next year Notre Dame should schedule the following teams:

Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (no not a joke)
Florida Atlantic Owls (power house i am sure)
Western Carolina Catamount (what the hell is a catamount?)

That will be three easy wins ..


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:18 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 5:55 am
Posts: 3969
Throwdown wrote:
Bama will smash that team with their clown coach.


Assuming they beat Georgia first! :stirthepot:

And then Georgia or Florida will beat ND.

_________________
And this post is not directed at anyone personally.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:49 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 10040
redeye81 wrote:
Scottemojo,

Looking for a fight? Sorry to offend you with CONGRATS POST to Notre Dame. The haters can blantently try to hi jack a thread but most will see thru it..

But hey we can't have a good ole Congrats post without mentioning the other #5.. Wow congrats to Everett Golson the pride of Myrtle Beach Seahawks (bet you didn't know that).. What a fantastic player..

<Ok cue in Golson bashing now>

BTW,

I think next year Notre Dame should schedule the following teams:

Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (no not a joke)
Florida Atlantic Owls (power house i am sure)
Western Carolina Catamount (what the hell is a catamount?)

That will be three easy wins ..

What will Notre Dame's conference schedule look like next year? Oh, right...they don't have one.
And yes, congrats on the season. Notre Dame has a very good football team. Everything about Notre Dame's way of doing things is an absolute joke, but that football team is legit.

_________________
SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:59 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:58 pm
Posts: 1201
Location: Boise
Scottemojo,

I agree ND is pretty good, lets see what happens in title game. This is very odd, I have simliar conversations about my Hawks every monday. I sit with two 49er fans at lunch. If i even mention I like how the hawks defense is shaping up, i am immediately shut down and told the 49ers are better. If i say I like how Wilson is developing, it's no he sucks the niners destroyed him (as if that is the only game that matters??) They go on and on how the seahawks suck since the refs give them thier wins.. blah blah blah.. It feels like the same conversation here.

I think there is something to be said about 11-0. Nice accomplishment give the recent history. I know the haters will always hate.. I should be used to that now as a hawks fan but it still gets under my skin..


Oh I forgot the rant about Pete Carroll being a cheater. I guess the guy in charge of the ND schedule is cheater. We alreay heard ND coach is a clown and they are worse than BYU. Why not just pile on I guess..


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:52 am 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 10:32 am
Posts: 335
A thread about Notre Dame riddled with jealous haters. Imagine that... :roll:

ND may well lose the game but it will be close right down to the wire. Those predicting a blowout are either blissfully ignorant in regards to ND this year or are just good old fashioned haters, it's really as simple as that.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:53 pm 
USAF BadAss
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:24 am
Posts: 1025
Location: Charlottesville, VA
ND is going to lose by 14+ if they play Alabama; it may be slightly closer if they play Georgia. Alabama's defense is just as good, if not better, than ND's D and their offense is much better. High power offenses that require them to match score for score rather than grind out a game at their pace is what has given them problems in the past (minus the LSU game last year that they lost 9-6). Unless they're planning on suiting up Golden Tate and get a time machine to bring back Tim Brown from 1987 and Raghib Ismail (man was that awesome in college), I just don't see them putting enough offensive pressure through the air to win, and . I haven't seen a lot of Georgia games this year, but they match up well on defense against ND's offense, and depending on what offense shows up, they could lay 30-40 points on ND or struggle to score 20. Sure, they have a chance to beat either team, but I don't think they will.

_________________
Kam Chancellor: The Chancellor of Defense
Bruce Irvin: BruceMode
Tharold Simon: Humble Thug


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:33 pm 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 10040
FortWorthSeahawk wrote:
ND is going to lose by 14+ if they play Alabama; it may be slightly closer if they play Georgia. Alabama's defense is just as good, if not better, than ND's D and their offense is much better. High power offenses that require them to match score for score rather than grind out a game at their pace is what has given them problems in the past (minus the LSU game last year that they lost 9-6). Unless they're planning on suiting up Golden Tate and get a time machine to bring back Tim Brown from 1987 and Raghib Ismail (man was that awesome in college), I just don't see them putting enough offensive pressure through the air to win, and . I haven't seen a lot of Georgia games this year, but they match up well on defense against ND's offense, and depending on what offense shows up, they could lay 30-40 points on ND or struggle to score 20. Sure, they have a chance to beat either team, but I don't think they will.

Dude, didn't you read the thread? If you don't congratulate Notre Dame and genuflect over their athletic prowess, you were not invited to comment at ALL! You either get on the jock, or get out of this thread, Dammit!

_________________
SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:42 pm 
USAF BadAss
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:24 am
Posts: 1025
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Scottemojo wrote:
FortWorthSeahawk wrote:
ND is going to lose by 14+ if they play Alabama; it may be slightly closer if they play Georgia. Alabama's defense is just as good, if not better, than ND's D and their offense is much better. High power offenses that require them to match score for score rather than grind out a game at their pace is what has given them problems in the past (minus the LSU game last year that they lost 9-6). Unless they're planning on suiting up Golden Tate and get a time machine to bring back Tim Brown from 1987 and Raghib Ismail (man was that awesome in college), I just don't see them putting enough offensive pressure through the air to win, and . I haven't seen a lot of Georgia games this year, but they match up well on defense against ND's offense, and depending on what offense shows up, they could lay 30-40 points on ND or struggle to score 20. Sure, they have a chance to beat either team, but I don't think they will.

Dude, didn't you read the thread? If you don't congratulate Notre Dame and genuflect over their athletic prowess, you were not invited to comment at ALL! You either get on the jock, or get out of this thread, Dammit!


I knew i was doing something wrong. Is it too late to change my post?

_________________
Kam Chancellor: The Chancellor of Defense
Bruce Irvin: BruceMode
Tharold Simon: Humble Thug


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:52 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:39 pm
Posts: 332
It will be interesting. I don't think ND has the speed to hang with Georgia and Georgia is playing really good football right now. I think ND might(and I mean maybe) actually be be set up better to play Alabama. What it comes down to for me is the trenches. I don't think ND can hang with the offensive and defensive lineman of the SEC. Not only are the defensive lineman huge but they are athletic. Something I just don't think ND can game plan for and something ND will be over matched with, and to me thats the biggest mismatch.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:21 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:26 pm
Posts: 105
We get it Redeye you love you some Notre Dame. That's great. Good luck to them in the national championship. But if you expect others to celebrate their season then you are naive.

I for one despise Notre Dame and always will. It will be very hard to not root for the ground to open up and swallow both Notre Dame and whatever SEC team they play for the national championship as I will hate both teams that are playing. After all this is what I root for when the Niners play the Raiders.

I do think that SEC Fan is underrating NDs defensive line if he thinks they won't hang. They are a really good defensive team.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:23 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 10:32 am
Posts: 335
This pretty much sums it up.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--sec ... 48035.html


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:47 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7847
SuperHawks wrote:
Those predicting a blowout are either blissfully ignorant in regards to ND this year or are just good old fashioned haters, it's really as simple as that.



Or perhaps they're merely capable of an unbiased opinion and just disagree with yours?

Could easily be argued that those not predicting a blowout are blissfully ignorant in regards to Alabama this year, who have dominated every team but two - one featuring Johnny Manziel, the other was LSU on the road.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:20 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 10:32 am
Posts: 335
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
SuperHawks wrote:
Those predicting a blowout are either blissfully ignorant in regards to ND this year or are just good old fashioned haters, it's really as simple as that.



Or perhaps they're merely capable of an unbiased opinion and just disagree with yours?

Could easily be argued that those not predicting a blowout are blissfully ignorant in regards to Alabama this year, who have dominated every team but two - one featuring Johnny Manziel, the other was LSU on the road.


Haha. You're unbiased when it comes to ND? That's rich. Go ahead and read the article linked above if you're interested in "my" position. Sums it up well.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:27 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7847
Why the hell would I be biased to Notre Dame? I have absolutely zero connection to any college team. They are all the same to me. And I'm pretty glad I don't have a team if it makes you paranoid that 'everybody's a hater' just because they think the best team in college football might beat you handsomely.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:31 pm 
* NET Moderator *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Posts: 18457
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
SuperHawks wrote:


I read your article and still think Notre Dame will be lucky if they score a point against either Georgia or Alabama.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:35 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 10:32 am
Posts: 335
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
Why the hell would I be biased to Notre Dame? I have absolutely zero connection to any college team. They are all the same to me. And I'm pretty glad I don't have a team if it makes you paranoid that 'everybody's a hater' just because they think the best team in college football might beat you handsomely.


My bad. I must have mistaken your ridiculous "Michael Floyd is a 5th rounder" prediction as an anti ND bias. My apologies. But please don't try and act like ND doesn't have the most haters out there by far. That's a fact.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:36 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 10:32 am
Posts: 335
JSeahawks wrote:
SuperHawks wrote:


I read your article and still think Notre Dame will be lucky if they score a point against either Georgia or Alabama.


Good to know. Thanks for reading.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:59 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:58 pm
Posts: 1201
Location: Boise
Scott you're fantastic...

Get on the jock man!!! come on dude.. lol...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:18 pm 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am
Posts: 3883
redeye81 wrote:
I mean really .. ok we can say Notre dame sucked for many years.. It is what it is.. This year they finally may amount to something (they have a chance)... and we can't stop and congratulate them?

They might get blown out by some SEC team (very possible) but damn they shown alot of heart and I admire them for it..


And that admiration leads to the next obvious emotional reaction. Attacking everybody else, treating them all like crap, selecting snippets of posts and ripping everybody apart, and basically just going into complete over the top silliness with something that resembled a complete temper tantrum AFTER your team won. It just feels like you couldn't take the compliments or the opinions. You wanted everybody to bow down and kiss your golden dome.

Mainly I just feel badly about how much respect I lost for a few people after reading this. I had always thought most here were pretty level and actually wanted to talk football. Instead we're instructed how to respond in a thread like it's a board that requires approval for each post by the OP. What a dumb thread. Good luck in your game. I was really congratulating you initially, but I'll have to set my family and friend relationships aside and hope that Manti loses his last college game and in a complete route. And yes... I still think Baylor would beat Notre Dame. And the stuff about Johnny Manziel being overrated is absolute idiocy at its worst. He's the best freshman QB to come around in probably 10 years. He'd put up 5 TD's on the Notre Dame defense. It's unfortunate there isn't a playoff, and this result is precisely why.

As I said earlier... Independent teams pick their own schedules (one reason I mentioned BYU as they are also independent). They pick their own schedule and play more home games than most teams. They gear their schedule to whatever brings them big cash and lots of viewers and cash. They don't play good teams. They play average/mediocre teams. I am not an Alabama fan, but they played 3 bad teams, and every other game they played was brutal.

_________________
Image
R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
1/12/39 - 8/7/08


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:30 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:58 pm
Posts: 1201
Location: Boise
Shark, you're one of a kind..

You can twist all you want. I called you out for being totally off the wall about your assessment. You can back track all you want now I don't care. Sure anyone can argue Alabama is better than Notre dame - thats a very good argument.. but you bring in other teams that have NO business in conversation (including Baylor who beat one worthy team all year) then you'll get called out.. sorry for being so brash but it is what it is..

I congratulate Notre Dame for their epic season and you hate it.. I want to say " U mad Bro" but ill end with this .. I am damn proud of the fighting irish!


Last edited by redeye81 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:37 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:58 pm
Posts: 1201
Location: Boise
Shark, i can't believe i am going to post this..

Other than the 3 crappy teams you want to dismiss (owls, hill topers, catamounts) Is Auburn really "brutal" as you say??? really man?

Let's add Ole miss and Arkansas. Are they also brutal?? Those 3 teams are combine 13-23 ?

Brutal are YOUR words sir!! So i'll quote you:

"I am not an Alabama fan, but they played 3 bad teams, and every other game they played was brutal."

Missouri lost to Vanderbilt and Syracuse so they are marginal IMO.
Same with Tennessee they are ok but like Missouri have a losing record. So can say brutal really???

So really Alabama has played two good teams.. LSU and Texas A@M.. Ok they might smash Notre Dame but it's not cut and dry.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:04 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:41 pm
Posts: 1581
And back and forth they go.....gotta side with Shark on this one, but rock on fellas.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:57 am 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am
Posts: 3883
redeye81 wrote:
Shark, i can't believe i am going to post this..

Other than the 3 crappy teams you want to dismiss (owls, hill topers, catamounts) Is Auburn really "brutal" as you say??? really man?

Let's add Ole miss and Arkansas. Are they also brutal?? Those 3 teams are combine 13-23 ?

Brutal are YOUR words sir!! So i'll quote you:

"I am not an Alabama fan, but they played 3 bad teams, and every other game they played was brutal."

Missouri lost to Vanderbilt and Syracuse so they are marginal IMO.
Same with Tennessee they are ok but like Missouri have a losing record. So can say brutal really???

So really Alabama has played two good teams.. LSU and Texas A@M.. Ok they might smash Notre Dame but it's not cut and dry.


Yes, those games were brutal. Auburn was bad this year, but I guarantee they have enough talent to have kicked anyone in the teeth and leave them hurting for the next brutal game on the schedule. As I said... Baylor could beat any team out there, and it would be a brutal game, and they barely qualified for a bowl.

When you're #1 every game is brutal, except for those 3 tuneups.

You act like Notre Dame played an incredibly difficult schedule. I used my own team to debunk your theory where you talk about all of these bowl eligible teams ND played. BYU was one you included (yet you got all up on me about BYU being mentioned in your thread). BYU was one of the bowl eligible teams. BYU played the guy who should have been their 4th string QB (compare the stats of their QB's) and lost by 3 points to ND at ND. But there is no way in hell BYU would have beaten Auburn or Tennessee. No chance at all. It wouldn't even be close. BYU also lost to Boise State 7-6, again with no QB. So either BYU is better than some of these great teams, or some of these great teams aren't so great and will be exposed. Yours is one of them.

I just felt that this was a prime of example of why a playoff is needed. Notre Dame as an independent doesn't have to play a conference championship. As a team that lost a head-to-head to Georgia, then Florida doesn't get to play in one, but that's to their advantage (just as it is to Notre Dame). Florida now gets stuck in a top BCS game because they can't lose another because they didn't make their conference game. Alabama or Georgia is going to make the championship game by winning their conference, but because one of them is going to be saddled with an extra loss they are going to get bumped from the BCS entirely and Florida (who sits out a game) will leapfrog the other into a BCS game.

That's fair for you. I congratulate you again on setting up a good schedule, lots of home games, and assuring from the get go on the creation of the BCS that you had a seat at the table and needed to do nothing more than win out on your handpicked schedule to guarantee a championship game. It was a stroke of genius to stay independent and force that issue. The other independents don't have this luxury. If Navy went undefeated they are guaranteed nothing, and in fact I can see them being ranked 6th or lower even if they had gone undefeated because of the strength of schedule.

And I'm not an SEC fan at all, but playing a conference schedule is in fact brutal. It is absolutely brutal. I've watched a team go from a conference for 30+ years and now go independent and the pressures and stress level and even interest level in the games is tenfold worse since they did so. I won't mention their name as I don't want to start another fit by you , but conference play is absolutely insanely tense and BRUTAL.

What you've got here is the Harlem Globetrotters making it to the NBA finals. Congrats. It was bound to happen in how they made sure they rigged the system when it was changed from the Bowl Alliance to the BCS.

_________________
Image
R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
1/12/39 - 8/7/08


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:41 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7847
SuperHawks wrote:
My bad. I must have mistaken your ridiculous "Michael Floyd is a 5th rounder" prediction as an anti ND bias. My apologies. But please don't try and act like ND doesn't have the most haters out there by far. That's a fact.



Perhaps that's because some Notre Dame fans get their panties in an extreme twist whenever anyone says anything remotely negative about the team or players? Michael Floyd being a case in point. You keep hashing up my late round grade like I made the statement one day before this year's draft. That remark was made after the player was suspended from the teams facility for yet another alcohol related dumb ass mistake. It also followed a tremendously disappointing junior season. And with respect, a lot of Floyd's issues have shown up so far in his rookie season. Kudos to him for boosting his stock enough to go as early as he did over a 14 month period afterwards, but when I made that initial remark about Floyd's stock it was an unbiased, fair reflection on where he was at following his junior season.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:17 am 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am
Posts: 3883
Notre Dame has the most haters out there and that's a FACT?! Shut up man. I bet more people nationally hate Alabama, Florida, Ohio State, Michigan, USC, Oregon, Georgia, Auburn, and Oklahoma. Those programs have all been successful over the last 20 years, which means they build up an "anti-fanbase". Notre Dame is the only team in the COUNTRY to have their own national TV deal. If anything that totally discounts the bullcrap argument that Notre Dame has way more haters than anybody else. Most people just don't care because since Holtz left they've been entirely irrelevant until the last 3 weeks of this season, and they have a Yankees sized fan group (many are one and the same actually).

_________________
Image
R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
1/12/39 - 8/7/08


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:12 am 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 10:32 am
Posts: 335
SharkHawk wrote:
Notre Dame has the most haters out there and that's a FACT?! Shut up man. I bet more people nationally hate Alabama, Florida, Ohio State, Michigan, USC, Oregon, Georgia, Auburn, and Oklahoma. Those programs have all been successful over the last 20 years, which means they build up an "anti-fanbase". Notre Dame is the only team in the COUNTRY to have their own national TV deal. If anything that totally discounts the bullcrap argument that Notre Dame has way more haters than anybody else. Most people just don't care because since Holtz left they've been entirely irrelevant until the last 3 weeks of this season, and they have a Yankees sized fan group (many are one and the same actually).


Yep, most haters by far. As for the rest...blah blah blah. Keep hatin dude. Makes things so much sweeter.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:28 am 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
Posts: 8814
Location: Granite Falls, WA
SuperHawks wrote:
SharkHawk wrote:
Notre Dame has the most haters out there and that's a FACT?! Shut up man. I bet more people nationally hate Alabama, Florida, Ohio State, Michigan, USC, Oregon, Georgia, Auburn, and Oklahoma. Those programs have all been successful over the last 20 years, which means they build up an "anti-fanbase". Notre Dame is the only team in the COUNTRY to have their own national TV deal. If anything that totally discounts the bullcrap argument that Notre Dame has way more haters than anybody else. Most people just don't care because since Holtz left they've been entirely irrelevant until the last 3 weeks of this season, and they have a Yankees sized fan group (many are one and the same actually).


Yep, most haters by far. As for the rest...blah blah blah. Keep hatin dude. Makes things so much sweeter.


You make me hate Notre Dame.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:30 am 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 10:32 am
Posts: 335
Tech Worlds wrote:
SuperHawks wrote:
SharkHawk wrote:
Notre Dame has the most haters out there and that's a FACT?! Shut up man. I bet more people nationally hate Alabama, Florida, Ohio State, Michigan, USC, Oregon, Georgia, Auburn, and Oklahoma. Those programs have all been successful over the last 20 years, which means they build up an "anti-fanbase". Notre Dame is the only team in the COUNTRY to have their own national TV deal. If anything that totally discounts the bullcrap argument that Notre Dame has way more haters than anybody else. Most people just don't care because since Holtz left they've been entirely irrelevant until the last 3 weeks of this season, and they have a Yankees sized fan group (many are one and the same actually).


Yep, most haters by far. As for the rest...blah blah blah. Keep hatin dude. Makes things so much sweeter.


You make me hate Notre Dame.


Good. Nothing new. Hate away.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:59 am 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am
Posts: 3883
The fact that you're in a National Championship game and are whining about haters is hilarious. Nobody hates the Harlem Globetrotters. They don't notice them anymore either. So you both have a lot in common. Is Curly going to come into the game and slide into the endzone while dribbling the ball? Maybe Meadowlark Lemon will come put up a halfcourt shot from behind the back for a TD. "OH Sweeeeet Georgia Brooooooown!" Go Golden Domes. Hopefully they get to play the Washington Generals in the championship game.

_________________
Image
R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
1/12/39 - 8/7/08


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:38 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 5:55 am
Posts: 3969
:stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2012-11-26/notre-dame-odds-las-vegas-alabama-bcs-national-championship-sec-georgia


"Sporting News asked Kenny White, longtime oddsmaker in Las Vegas and one of The Linemakers on Sporting News for betting lines on potential games between the Irish and the six SEC teams ranked in the top 10 of the current BCS poll. Of those six teams, Notre Dame would be favored to win twice: against No. 10 South Carolina by 3 points and Florida by 1½ points.

— Linemakers: SEC Championship Game odds

Among the other four teams, Notre Dame would be:

— 8½-point underdog to No. 2 Alabama.

— 4-point underdog to No. 3 Georgia.

— Pick’em with No. 7 LSU

— 3–point underdog to No. 9 Texas A&M"

_________________
And this post is not directed at anyone personally.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:46 am 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am
Posts: 3883
Oddsmakers are right so often that it's crazy, but that's why the house always wins.

_________________
Image
R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
1/12/39 - 8/7/08


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:05 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 10:32 am
Posts: 335
DTexHawk wrote:
:stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2012-11-26/notre-dame-odds-las-vegas-alabama-bcs-national-championship-sec-georgia


"Sporting News asked Kenny White, longtime oddsmaker in Las Vegas and one of The Linemakers on Sporting News for betting lines on potential games between the Irish and the six SEC teams ranked in the top 10 of the current BCS poll. Of those six teams, Notre Dame would be favored to win twice: against No. 10 South Carolina by 3 points and Florida by 1½ points.

— Linemakers: SEC Championship Game odds

Among the other four teams, Notre Dame would be:

— 8½-point underdog to No. 2 Alabama.

— 4-point underdog to No. 3 Georgia.

— Pick’em with No. 7 LSU

— 3–point underdog to No. 9 Texas A&M"


Seems about right. I'm actually a bit surprised that LSU is a PK. If anything I'd flip-flop the LSU and A&M spreads.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:06 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7847
I'm guessing SuperHawks has posters of Justin Bieber in his bedroom, listens to Tyler Swift on his IPOD and likes nothing more than having a good old natter about the latest fashions.

That's the mental image I have of anyone who consistently uses the word 'haters'.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:02 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 10:32 am
Posts: 335
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
I'm guessing SuperHawks has posters of Justin Bieber in his bedroom, listens to Tyler Swift on his IPOD and likes nothing more than having a good old natter about the latest fashions.

That's the mental image I have of anyone who consistently uses the word 'haters'.


That's the best you can come up with? Really? Wtf is a natter anyway? Stick to discussing soccer man.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:39 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7847
So you don't deny it then?

(Bet he also says things like "You go girl" while clicking his fingers in an elaborate manner)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:53 pm 
* NET Sage *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm
Posts: 4273
If you're not sold on a team that barely beat BYU and needed 3 overtimes to beat a Pitt team that lost to a SIXTH PLACE FCS squad.. who can you be sold on?

Bama is going to destroy them.

_________________
February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:55 pm 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
Posts: 8814
Location: Granite Falls, WA
Hasselbeck wrote:
If you're not sold on a team that barely beat BYU and needed 3 overtimes to beat a Pitt team that lost to a FCS squad.. who can you be sold on?

Bama is going to destroy them.


Just a HATER!

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:57 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 10:32 am
Posts: 335
Guess we'll all find out a month from now.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:20 pm 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am
Posts: 3883
Hasselbeck wrote:
If you're not sold on a team that barely beat BYU and needed 3 overtimes to beat a Pitt team that lost to a SIXTH PLACE FCS squad.. who can you be sold on?

Bama is going to destroy them.


Just trying to do my part to help... but if we've learned one thing, it is NOT, absolutely NOT to mention any other team in particular F'ING BYU in a Notre Dame thread, or Redeye will threaten you and make asinine posts defending his Harlem Globetrotters, err I mean Fightin' Ireesh.

I learned that lesson, and now I'm super duper afraid to post here because he is going to virtually yell at me to an excessive extent. Feel free to peruse the thread for examples of me suggesting The Globetrotter overrated-ness and using BYU as an example. He went crazy and started screaming "YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!" and probably ripping off his shirt and beating his chest while flipping over furniture.

_________________
Image
R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
1/12/39 - 8/7/08


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:50 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:39 pm
Posts: 332
I hope they play Georgia. This Alabama team isn't as dominant as the past Alabama teams. Georgia would be the better opponent. If Richt is going to do it than this is the season, plus he gets to play Alabama in his back yard.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:54 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7847
SEC FAN wrote:
If Richt is going to do it than this is the season, plus he gets to play Alabama in his back yard.


He got to play LSU in his back yard last year and lost 42-10.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:17 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 5:55 am
Posts: 3969
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
SEC FAN wrote:
If Richt is going to do it than this is the season, plus he gets to play Alabama in his back yard.


He got to play LSU in his back yard last year and lost 42-10.



GA - ALA this year

GA - LSU last year

no correlation.

_________________
And this post is not directed at anyone personally.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:52 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7847
Of course there's correlation. Alabama this year and LSU from last year compare quite favourably.

Not saying Georgia are going to get a battering again, but home advantage last year gave the Bulldogs zero edge.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:53 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:39 pm
Posts: 332
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
Of course there's correlation. Alabama this year and LSU from last year compare quite favourably.

Not saying Georgia are going to get a battering again, but home advantage last year gave the Bulldogs zero edge.


Georgia was actually winning last years game at halftime and they were totally outmatched by LSU last year. I think playing at home did actually help them for a while. As for comparing LSU to Alabama. The offenses are totally different. QB's are way different. Jordan Jefferson was a running style QB and McCarron is a passer. Lacy and Yeldon are way more dynamic in comparison to what LSU had last year, its not even close. Defensively the teams are similar. It doesn't matter though because Georgia looks like a better team then last year but Alabama is one of those teams that always tends to keep getting better as the season goes on.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:24 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7847
SuperHawks wrote:
Those predicting a blowout are either blissfully ignorant in regards to ND this year or are just good old fashioned haters, it's really as simple as that.


:th2thumbs:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:35 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 10:32 am
Posts: 335
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
SuperHawks wrote:
Those predicting a blowout are either blissfully ignorant in regards to ND this year or are just good old fashioned haters, it's really as simple as that.


:th2thumbs:


Congrats. How's it feel to be right for a change?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:40 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
Posts: 5208
Location: Battle Ground, Washington
SuperHawks wrote:
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
SuperHawks wrote:
Those predicting a blowout are either blissfully ignorant in regards to ND this year or are just good old fashioned haters, it's really as simple as that.


:th2thumbs:


Congrats. How's it feel to be right for a change?


Eat your crow like a big boy now.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Congrats to Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:40 pm 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
Posts: 8814
Location: Granite Falls, WA
SuperHawks wrote:
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
SuperHawks wrote:
Those predicting a blowout are either blissfully ignorant in regards to ND this year or are just good old fashioned haters, it's really as simple as that.


:th2thumbs:


Congrats. How's it feel to be right for a change?


Maybe the question should be... How does it feel to be wrong after calling everyone blissfully ignorant?

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GhostHawk, jammerhawk, kearly, razgriz737, suppaball, usChawks and 21 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.