Before selecting Frank clark

cheese22

Reaction score
what was the general opinion of him on here? The reason I ask is because it seems like the only knock against him is his off-field problems. Watching his tape, he looks like an animal. He has the quickest get-off and first step I've seen this year. He is good vs run and pass. His size and quickness combination makes him usable in different positions for different situations. He definitely plays with a chip on his shoulder. I don't worry about him taking plays off, that was said about Clark too if I remember correctly. But the NFL is a different world and he won't get away with it here. Putting him on the line with Clark seems like a pretty formidable duo for years to come. I'm not sure what kind of magic PC works on these guys but our staff does a good job keeping these guys going in the right direction. I think picking him might be a gamble but the payoff could be huge.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Yeah Erebus is right. Not sure what other player you are referencing. A few people ranked Clark very high outside of his off field issue. I believe Rob had him as a 1st rd talent.

OP
OP
cheese22

cheese22

Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion. I was talking about Nkemdiche from the second sentence on. I don't remember Clark being linked to us so there wasn't much talk about him until he was ours. There's been a few mocks that link us to Nkemdiche I think because of the staff's ability to keep those guys in line. I think Nkemdiche is super talented and helps fill a couple areas of need. Do we take another chance or is he not worth it? I think he is.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I think the 2 are vastly different as far as off field issues go. I also don't think Nkemdiche has displayed the mental side of the game the Hawks look for.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Stay away from nkemdiche. His interview at the combine sounded like excuses. "Tunsil was there to" "It wasn't marijuana" guy won't take responsibility for his actions and he repeat them. Never fails.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ivotuk":20xixv29 said:
Stay away from nkemdiche. His interview at the combine sounded like excuses. "Tunsil was there to" "It wasn't marijuana" guy won't take responsibility for his actions and he repeat them. Never fails.

Yeah he screams million dollar talent, ten cent brain.

titan3131

Reaction score
Not to toot my own horn because all of the credit goes to Zach Whitman and fieldgulls.

But last year after the combine I went thru the defensive draftees and searched for Leo cadidates to improve our pass rush. Obrien schofield was mediocre and we lost sb49 with lack of quality depth.

Frank had the arm length. The weight, the quickness, the 1.5 split. The film looked great to me so I started mocking him 5-6 th rd due to the off field incident.

As we got closer to the draft his stock rose due to his isane athleticism. I thought we would get him in the 3rd by draft time. I overlooked lockett due to height, but when we snagged Clark in the 2nd I fist pumped and decided to keep on keeping on. Then we grabbed no e from the skins and I loved that.

Based off of Seahawks history I guessed 3 players we would draft.

Clark
Sokoli
gwatchum

If you don't know what sparq is learn about it.

titan3131

Reaction score
If we can snag nkemdiche in the late 2nd or 3rd I'm down. But I don't want him in the 11st.

kearly

Reaction score
There was a lot of Frank Clark love on these boards before he was drafted. Scottemojo was enthusiastic about him, saying "I hope like hell we draft this guy." And he wasn't the only guy on the Clark bandwagon.

two dog

Reaction score
The only thing I find distressing about drafting Frank Clark was the attempt at a
hatchet job on him by the Seattle Times. For a week they castigated the Seahawks,
the police and prosecutors office involved. Larry Stone was the worst but others piled on.

Diamond, the lady involved, admitted she started it and wouldn't press charges. She hit him
in the face and bit his nose so he swiped his arm, not a fist, and bounced her off the wall.
This according to Diamond herself. Her 15 year old brother was just getting out of the shower
and saw only the aftermath.

Meanwhile, another brother. six years old I believe, ran to a nearby room and told two ladies
who were out of their room wondering at the loud voices and commotion "Frank's killing Diamond".
These ladies went to the room, looked through the open door after the altercation was over and
drew their own conclusions.

Their story to the times indicates they were miffed that both the police and the prosecutors office ignored
them. They were also surprised that the Seahawks did not interview them. The Seattle Times,
however, grabbed the story of two busybodies, who witnessed nothing, and ran with it.

The Seahawks were painted as, at best, showing bad judgement and at worst, harboring criminals.
They certainly did not do a proper investigation.
The prosecutors office was incompetent, the police were also incompetent for not arresting and
jailing a dangerous woman beater. Meanwhile when the Times tried to contact Diamond a man
answered the phone and told them not to call back.

Is this what happened ? Hell, I don't know because I witnessed nothing. I did take the trouble to
look up several online stories and am, I suppose, a busybody myself. I do know that he did not get
a fair hearing in the Seattle press.
Meanwhile, he has been, as far as I know, a good citizen. Future conduct, there is, no way to know.

I would run as fast as I can from Nkemdiche. The NFL discard pile is littered with physically giftedhttp://www.imagefap.com/gallery.p ... r=1players who did not have the head for the pro game. They also do not get the indulgence of
outrageous behavior that they may have gotten from college coaches.
Now, watch the Seahawks draft him.

two dog

Reaction score
titan3131":1qeqiu7p said:
Not to toot my own horn because all of the credit goes to Zach Whitman and fieldgulls.

But last year after the combine I went thru the defensive draftees and searched for Leo cadidates to improve our pass rush. Obrien schofield was mediocre and we lost sb49 with lack of quality depth.

Frank had the arm length. The weight, the quickness, the 1.5 split. The film looked great to me so I started mocking him 5-6 th rd due to the off field incident.

As we got closer to the draft his stock rose due to his isane athleticism. I thought we would get him in the 3rd by draft time. I overlooked lockett due to height, but when we snagged Clark in the 2nd I fist pumped and decided to keep on keeping on. Then we grabbed no e from the skins and I loved that.

Based off of Seahawks history I guessed 3 players we would draft.

Clark
Sokoli
gwatchum

If you don't know what sparq is learn about it.

Extremely good advice about SPARQ. My source to now has been Fieldgulls but I am sure there are others.

titan3131

Reaction score
Zach Whitman. Davis Hsu. Jared stranger and Rob staton all essential follows on Twitter if you want to predict the hawks.

Seafan

Reaction score
I was hoping and predicting the Hawks would draft Clark. I didn't think he was going that high. I'm not disappointed. I love last year's draft except for losing out on a quality center.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I thought he was going to be drafted by the team in the 3rd or 4th but only b/c he'd drop for character reasons. I was a fan he he was a high SPARQ player who played with violence and a non-stop intensity. I think he will make a quantum leap this season now he knows what the pro game requires.

The witch hunt performed by some of the Seattle media was shameful and a model of political correctness, which failed to consider there are always 2 sides to every sad story.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Guys like Clark who play with rare core strength jump out to me.

ivotuk

Reaction score
two dog":3gykr76v said:
The only thing I find distressing about drafting Frank Clark was the attempt at a
hatchet job on him by the Seattle Times. For a week they castigated the Seahawks,
the police and prosecutors office involved. Larry Stone was the worst but others piled on.

Diamond, the lady involved, admitted she started it and wouldn't press charges. She hit him
in the face and bit his nose so he swiped his arm, not a fist, and bounced her off the wall.
This according to Diamond herself. Her 15 year old brother was just getting out of the shower
and saw only the aftermath.

Meanwhile, another brother. six years old I believe, ran to a nearby room and told two ladies
who were out of their room wondering at the loud voices and commotion "Frank's killing Diamond".
These ladies went to the room, looked through the open door after the altercation was over and
drew their own conclusions.

Their story to the times indicates they were miffed that both the police and the prosecutors office ignored
them. They were also surprised that the Seahawks did not interview them. The Seattle Times,
however, grabbed the story of two busybodies, who witnessed nothing, and ran with it.

The Seahawks were painted as, at best, showing bad judgement and at worst, harboring criminals.
They certainly did not do a proper investigation.
The prosecutors office was incompetent, the police were also incompetent for not arresting and
jailing a dangerous woman beater. Meanwhile when the Times tried to contact Diamond a man
answered the phone and told them not to call back.

Is this what happened ? Hell, I don't know because I witnessed nothing. I did take the trouble to
look up several online stories and am, I suppose, a busybody myself. I do know that he did not get
a fair hearing in the Seattle press.
Meanwhile, he has been, as far as I know, a good citizen. Future conduct, there is, no way to know.

I would run as fast as I can from Nkemdiche. The NFL discard pile is littered with physically giftedhttp://www.imagefap.com/gallery.p ... r=1players who did not have the head for the pro game. They also do not get the indulgence of
outrageous behavior that they may have gotten from college coaches.
Now, watch the Seahawks draft him.

Excellent points all. So sick of the press and their propensity to express feigned outrage and perceived injustices. It takes away from the real BS that is going on so that reporters can toot their own horn. "Look at me!"

So when they post stories like that, and everyone finds out it's not true, the next woman that comes along, that does have a problem with a violent man, won't be taken seriously.

Reporters and papers like that should be run out of town.

I see this shit every day where I work. Women who deserve justice don't get it because some reporter wants to demonstrate their self-righteous indignation.

kearly

Reaction score
jammerhawk":ma5xmamr said:
The witch hunt performed by some of the Seattle media was shameful and a model of political correctness, which failed to consider there are always 2 sides to every sad story.

QFT