All you Husky fans

cheese22

Reaction score
With all the new found hype that Feeney is receiving, there is very little tape on him on the interwebs. Can someone post some or point me in the right direction? I do this as a Hawk fan, while the Duck in me fights against it...so hurry before I change my mind.

xgeoff

Reaction score
I think one of the things to remember is that as soon as these kids move on from College, all of the animosity for their school should just fall away. I support the Huskies, but I LOVE it when we get some of the great kids from Oregon. I mean, I just couldn't care less that I was rooting against him at some point. I think it's really cool when the Seahawks get Pac-12 kids. Doesn't matter to me that I was rooting against them.

I don't have any tape on Feeney, but I went to the UW vs Utah game and what I liked was that he showed great speed and pursuit to the ball. I like guys who always seem to be in on the play, and he seems to be that kind of kid. That being said, it was one game, so that's all I have to go on.

OP
OP
cheese22

cheese22

Reaction score
I was just having fun. Once they are a Hawk, I don't care where they came from.

xgeoff

Reaction score
yeah, exactly. Hey I was thinking it would be cool to have Vernon Adams come in as a backup to Russ. Thought they might have similar games and I just really don't like what I've seen from TJack. What are your thoughts on Adams after watching him play this year?

OP
OP
cheese22

cheese22

Reaction score
I've always thought it made sense to have QB's with similarities. Style, personality, size, etc. In this case I think Adams is the perfect protege. What he did for us, after a short learning period, was amazing. He plays just like Russell and just as importantly, his teammates loved him. I know coaches prefer backup QB's to be smart, veterans so maybe Adams goes practice squad for a year or two. But I'd love to see him in a Hawk uni.

two dog

Reaction score
cheese22":21ls5wiy said:
I've always thought it made sense to have QB's with similarities. Style, personality, size, etc. In this case I think Adams is the perfect protege. What he did for us, after a short learning period, was amazing. He plays just like Russell and just as importantly, his teammates loved him. I know coaches prefer backup QB's to be smart, veterans so maybe Adams goes practice squad for a year or two. But I'd love to see him in a Hawk uni.

Absolutely agree with all the above. When I watched him at the East-West game, his demeanor, as well as his play
reminded me so much of Wilson. Always looking downfield and more importantly able to make an accurate throw
when he spied an open man.

Draft doubters need to look beyond those 9 an an eighth inch hands to his body of work. Not just at Oregon but at
Eastern Washington. Year before last his EWU team very nearly beat UW at Husky stadium for crying out loud.
They did it primarily on the strength of his play.

I'm sure that the Seahawks will give him a good look but you will not hear about it in the near term.
Hard to know what Jon Schneider is thinking. I suspect he might like Adams.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
The biggest difference between Wilson and Adams is size. They're both short but Russ is thick and built to take hits, Adams is not. Wilson's also a much better athlete. Throwing the ball, and leadership, I think they're about equal. I think Adams is a great short term option as a backup but wil never be a long term starter because his body won't allow it.

As for feeney, as a duck fan I hate that dude, which probably means I'd love him if he were on my team.

OP
OP
cheese22

cheese22

Reaction score
Adams is listed at 6' 200 lbs and Russ is listed at 5'11" 203. Not much of a difference. Sorry, not trying to be picky.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
cheese22":1x2wvhn1 said:
Adams is listed at 6' 200 lbs and Russ is listed at 5'11" 203. Not much of a difference. Sorry, not trying to be picky.

Numbers aside, you're a duck and seahawk fan, you've watched plenty of both, you see their body types and which one takes hits and which one doesn't.

cover-2

Reaction score
cheese22":2gkxhgek said:
With all the new found hype that Feeney is receiving, there is very little tape on him on the interwebs. Can someone post some or point me in the right direction? I do this as a Hawk fan, while the Duck in me fights against it...so hurry before I change my mind.

Go to Seahawksdraftblog.com, rob posted game film on him about a week ago.

firebee

Reaction score
cheese22":uvj56nah said:

The thing to remember is we're looking for a backup... Not Wilson's replacement. I like Adams as an option to consider for backing up Wilson. Adams is similar to Russell Wilson without the measurables, but he has a Doug Baldwin type of personality. Approaches the game with a huge chip on his shoulder and he's not afraid to tell people about it. I wouldn't be disappointed at all if we landed Vernon Adams as a backup to Russell Wilson. Their style of play is very similar and having a guy that can step in and somewhat imitate what Wilson does would be better than having a bigger QB that plays completely different than Wilson does. That throws the entire offense off their game, instead of just taking a step back at the QB position while Wilson is out.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
firebee":8t9qu3v0 said:
cheese22":8t9qu3v0 said:

The thing to remember is we're looking for a backup... Not Wilson's replacement. I like Adams as an option to consider for backing up Wilson. Adams is similar to Russell Wilson without the measurables, but he has a Doug Baldwin type of personality. Approaches the game with a huge chip on his shoulder and he's not afraid to tell people about it. I wouldn't be disappointed at all if we landed Vernon Adams as a backup to Russell Wilson. Their style of play is very similar and having a guy that can step in and somewhat imitate what Wilson does would be better than having a bigger QB that plays completely different than Wilson does. That throws the entire offense off their game, instead of just taking a step back at the QB position while Wilson is out.

Hmm, I feel like he's the exact opposite of Doug Baldwin. He plays the game with joy and a lightheartedness. I do agree that he'd make a good backup to Wilson though.

cover-2

Reaction score
JSeahawks":bxya4jz6 said:
firebee":bxya4jz6 said:
cheese22":bxya4jz6 said:

Hmm, I feel like he's the exact opposite of Doug Baldwin. He plays the game with joy and a lightheartedness. I do agree that he'd make a good backup to Wilson though.

Umm, I hope you don't mind me chiming in...
If you want the Seahawks to draft a backup QB, then here is a prospect to consider. Dartmouth (QB) Dalyn Williams is similar to Russell Wilson in size, body type, and mobility.

[youtube]WOlDhxtNIxM[/youtube]

As you can see he has the short, but stocky build similar to Wilson.
E7970630854e67508960a2da61o0w222h300c0pid1

firebee

Reaction score
cover-2":3gpp3e6w said:
JSeahawks":3gpp3e6w said:
firebee":3gpp3e6w said:
cheese22":3gpp3e6w said:

Umm, I hope you don't mind me chiming in...
If you want the Seahawks to draft a backup QB, then here is a prospect to consider. Dartmouth (QB) Dalyn Williams is similar to Russell Wilson in size, body type, and mobility.

[youtube]WOlDhxtNIxM[/youtube]

As you can see he has the short, but stocky build similar to Wilson.
E7970630854e67508960a2da61o0w222h300c0pid1

He has a much better throwing mechanics than Vernon Adams. Doesn't look quite as explosive as Adams, as far as running with the ball, but he has great footwork and movement in the pocket. On account that he looks much better in the pocket and his passes look much much better than Vernon Adams' passes, I'd take him over Vernon Adams. Nice Find.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Forgive me if I'm missing something here, but is there a reason why you guys think our FO would be looking to draft a short QB? I always considered Wilson to be successful in our offense in spite of his height, not because of it.

firebee

Reaction score
fenderbender123":2nd7rk4a said:
Forgive me if I'm missing something here, but is there a reason why you guys think our FO would be looking to draft a short QB? I always considered Wilson to be successful in our offense in spite of his height, not because of it.
It's leaning on the idea that a QB with similar traits and abilities as Wilson is a better option as a backup because the offense won't have to adjust for a different style of QB.

CPHawk

Reaction score
There's been exactly 3 qbs who where decent in the NFL, built like Russell Wilson. Let's please stop trying to find the next one, because it won't happen, and just get a solid backup.