David Morgan II Tight End UTSA

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Interesting prospect for me.

Opinions are all over the map with him. The funniest quote I can recall, is referring to his awkward running style as similar to an old man running with his feet stuck in buckets.

He does have a weird gait. Almost reminds me of Jay Novacek in that way. A real foot stomper. Haven't made up my mind on him yet.

penihawk

Reaction score
Jason Whitten runs the same way. Like his size and potential as a very raw late round pick.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
Runs so awkward and stiff and telegraphs his breaks. You can see the route coming almost a full second before he makes him cuts. Hands closer to Anthony McCoy then I'd really like to see. Flashed some decent blocking ability. Wouldn't mind a 6th round flyer on him as a 3rd string blocking TE. He better run a 4.6 at the combine or the Seahawks won't take a second look.

penihawk

Reaction score
jdemps":3lucxj21 said:
Runs so awkward and stiff and telegraphs his breaks. You can see the route coming almost a full second before he makes him cuts. Hands closer to Anthony McCoy then I'd really like to see. Flashed some decent blocking ability. Wouldn't mind a 6th round flyer on him as a 3rd string blocking TE. He better run a 4.6 at the combine or the Seahawks won't take a second look.

He is not a flex TE and we already have 2. He is however a country strong inline TE that has natural catching skills. The run fast can't block guys are a dime a dozen these days. Throw the slow 40 out and I thought he looked pretty darn good through the drills at the combine and was head and shoulders above the rest in the blocking drill. He even caught Greg Olson's eye on the telecast and he said there is a role for guys like him. I'm willing to bet he finds his way onto a roster come Sept and I wouldn't mind it being ours. Good find by the OP on Morgan. :th2thumbs: