Kenneth Dixon

MB12

Reaction score
I know the Hawks are very unlikely to draft a running back this year, but I've seriously fallen in love with this guy. Has great effort mixed with nice elusiveness. That, combined with his impressive ability to catch out of the backfield means that he kinda reminds of Thomas Rawls.

Any thoughts on him? Where do you think he'll go?

titan3131

Reaction score
He will be our david Johnson if we can draft him this year.

Elite 3rd down back.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I love him as well. If we could pick him up in the third I would be pretty happy. Huge improvement over Fred Jackson.

firebee

Reaction score
Hard to say right now, but he seems to project as a possible late 2nd day pick or early 3rd day pick... 4th-6th round somewhere based on most projections at the moment. I also really like Keith Marshall out of Georgia, so missing on Dixon wouldn't be devastating to me. I can also almost guarantee we're not going to draft a RB in the first three rounds. We just have areas of greater need, mostly putting together an O-Line that won't get Rawls and Wilson put on the IR before the bye week rolls around.

I'm really hoping Ezekiel Elliott is still on the board when our pick comes up in Round 1. That would put is in a great position to hold Cleveland over the barrel on a trade. We could conceivably squeeze them for higher value on our pick to land their 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th and 7th round picks because you know they'd be foaming at the mouth to land Elliott at #26 and their compensation picks would offset the 5th-7th round picks they'd be giving up. Not to mention, we could throw in one of our 7th round picks. Needless to say... I'd see a great deal happening for Seattle if Elliott slid to us in the 1st and a lot of mocks have him sliding there. Still a good chance we land one of the guys we wanted with our pick with Cleveland's pick in the 2nd round, and we'd pick up multiple picks that would really round out the depth and competition on the team.

titan3131

Reaction score
firebee":3sas9565 said:
Hard to say right now, but he seems to project as a possible late 2nd day pick or early 3rd day pick... 4th-6th round somewhere based on most projections at the moment. I also really like Keith Marshall out of Georgia, so missing on Dixon wouldn't be devastating to me. I can also almost guarantee we're not going to draft a RB in the first three rounds. We just have areas of greater need, mostly putting together an O-Line that won't get Rawls and Wilson put on the IR before the bye week rolls around.

I'm really hoping Ezekiel Elliott is still on the board when our pick comes up in Round 1. That would put is in a great position to hold Cleveland over the barrel on a trade. We could conceivably squeeze them for higher value on our pick to land their 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th and 7th round picks because you know they'd be foaming at the mouth to land Elliott at #26 and their compensation picks would offset the 5th-7th round picks they'd be giving up. Not to mention, we could throw in one of our 7th round picks. Needless to say... I'd see a great deal happening for Seattle if Elliott slid to us in the 1st and a lot of mocks have him sliding there. Still a good chance we land one of the guys we wanted with our pick with Cleveland's pick in the 2nd round, and we'd pick up multiple picks that would really round out the depth and competition on the team.

MVPost of the day imo

poplarbluffman

Reaction score
rate Dixon the 30th best prospect in this daft and likely a mid 2nd...1st time I saw him he brought back memories of Faulk with his jump cut...

purpleneer

Reaction score
firebee":zjlnuli3 said:
Would be nice, but it's hard to imagine them feeling anywhere near that kind of pressure on a RB. Elliott's the cream of this crop, but he's no Gurley or Fournette. It would be a massive mistake for them to include as much as their 3rd; going beyond that I think even they would be smart enough to avoid.

firebee

Reaction score
Brace yourselves.... Seattle drafting Ezekiel Elliott is going to be the new pick in every mock draft from here to timbuktu.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
MB12":3eigtq5i said:
So I wrote about him here: http://theviewsofa12.com/2016/02/20/dix ... r-seattle/

Feedback really appreciated, want to do this for a job one day so be as brutal as possible.
Awesome write up and lots of good clips and info! I would be stoked to pick up Dixon with our third. He is my favorite back this year and I wouldn't mind if they moved up in the third to nab him like they did for Tyler Lockett. Especially if they were to trade down from 26.

I tried to comment on your blog but it kept asking for a password for some reason. Oh well

cheese22

Reaction score
Most of the good offenses in the league use the third down back as a weapon. That's where I think Dixon or Marshall could have a big role. Seattle hasn't really used a back as a receiver in the past too much. New Orleans, New England, Philadelphia, etc have very good success with throwing to a back. I'd really like to see Seatlle do it more often.

Davidess

Reaction score
MB12":3e1bxxx7 said:
I know the Hawks are very unlikely to draft a running back this year, but I've seriously fallen in love with this guy. Has great effort mixed with nice elusiveness. That, combined with his impressive ability to catch out of the backfield means that he kinda reminds of Thomas Rawls.

I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility for the hawks getting a RB in this draft. JS said they will do what they've always done in this draft and that's not reach on a position of need and instead draft BPA essentially. If Kenneth Dixon is there with their 2nd round pick and their aren't any Oline they like there I wouldn't be surprise if the hawks select him. Hawks still need a 2nd/3rd RB.

As good as Cmike is, im still not entirely sold on him. He still has the same fundamental flaws that got him a seat on the bench during his previous years with the hawks. They will have to see how Rawls does coming back, not everything is a sure thing. Wouldn't be surprised seeing a RB selected in the 2nd or 3rd for the hawks

Erebus

Reaction score
MB12":3m8rnkqy said:

I think it's very likely the Hawks draft a RB this year, but probably not early. I think the 3rd or 4th round is the perfect place to do it. We have a hole on the roster for a 3rd RB, so it makes sense to draft one. We have more pressing needs, but some of those will be addressed in free agency.

titan3131

Reaction score
Kd or paul perkins in the 4th i will be a happy man.

OP
OP
M

MB12

Reaction score
Natethegreat":1w89eutm said:
MB12":1w89eutm said:
So I wrote about him here: http://theviewsofa12.com/2016/02/20/dix ... r-seattle/

Feedback really appreciated, want to do this for a job one day so be as brutal as possible.
Awesome write up and lots of good clips and info! I would be stoked to pick up Dixon with our third. He is my favorite back this year and I wouldn't mind if they moved up in the third to nab him like they did for Tyler Lockett. Especially if they were to trade down from 26.

I tried to comment on your blog but it kept asking for a password for some reason. Oh well

Thanks for the kind words, yeh that's where I am at too.

That will be wordpress messing up, ah well

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Love this kid. His broken play ability was outstanding, and would jive with Wilson very well.

kearly

Reaction score
He is one of the better RBs this year. Smooth, smart, great receiver. He can make moves in the open field with minimal speed loss. He seems to have a few extra gears too, though level of competition has to be considered.

Good effort on his blocking, but his technique needs a lot of work.

He's like a blend of Fred Jackson and Andre Ellington. On the field, he gives the vibe of a consummate pro. I'm not a believer that Seattle needs to draft a RB early this year, but I'd be pumped to get this guy in round 3. It always amazes me how the draft process sometimes allows players of this caliber to be mid-late round picks.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
kearly":1qdgg3bv said:
He is one of the better RBs this year. Smooth, smart, great receiver. He can make moves in the open field with minimal speed loss. He seems to have a few extra gears too, though level of competition has to be considered.

Good effort on his blocking, but his technique needs a lot of work. Looks like a consumate pro.

He's like a blend of Fred Jackson and Andre Ellington. He's under-projected in the draft just like those guys were as well.

I'm not a believer that Seattle needs to draft a RB early this year, but I'd be pumped to get this guy in round 3.
Where he impressed me most was taking an ass kicking from Oklahoma. It was so plain that they knew he was the best guy on his team, they were after him, and he stayed fired up and going at them even when a loss was so plain.

I also like that he has some MMA feel to when he gets tackled. The guy who takes him down might get flung down even harder.

cover-2

Reaction score
I like Dixon a lot but I don't know if he has the size that they seem to like in their RB's. Dixon is 212 lbs and 215 lbs seems to be the minimum requirement for them at RB.

firebee

Reaction score
cover-2":3jxb41no said:
I like Dixon a lot but I don't know if he has the size that they seem to like in their RB's. Dixon is 212 lbs and 215 lbs seems to be the minimum requirement for them at RB.

I don't think they value weight as much as they value weight per square inch. At 5'10", Dixon is stout at 215. It's not like he's a lengthy 6' guy coming in at 215 or 220 or an average 5'10" - 5'11" coming in at 200-210 lbs. He's built a little thick, but not so thick that he sacrifices his agility and speed. I like his combination of speed, power and balance.