Zach Miller placed on IR, out for year.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
nepahawk":2s0fostw said:
Will Tony Moeaki be active and ready to play this week?

Well the Chiefs were the team that drafted him so.........maybe, plus we kinda need him now.

The injuries this week have been hard so swallow.

Hawksfanatik

Reaction score
Tough break for Miller. Really like him as a player.

I wonder if they bring him back next year? According to rotoworld, he has a salary of $4 million next season. I say it probably depends on if they can get a promising rookie TE in the draft.

In the meantime, I hope Moeaki can step in and do a good job for us... :180670:

KatarHol

Reaction score
This stinks. Miller is the type of team first player that it is easy to root for. Hopefully someone steps up in his absence.

Dabhawk

Reaction score
super bummed on this loss. Zach was becoming the most well rounded TE in the game, sad to see such a key component to our success gone.... He had so many clutch blocks, go watch the GB game this year. He completely manhandled Clay Matthews to the point he was nearly ineffective. THE FLOP WAS HILARIOUS btw :lol: And if thats not enough watch the Denver game where he does the same exact thing to Von Miller, who imo is by far the best outside backer in the league. This is going to be one long ending to a season. Turkey Day better be a whomping tho, while I eat my mash taters :x :stirthepot: :49ersmall:

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
C'mon Tony!! Hell of a player and team guy, BELOVED in the state of Iowa with his years here. Just a bad run of injuries, hopefully its something of the past.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
Steve2222":300qvabm said:
HawkWow":300qvabm said:
irocdave":300qvabm said:
Wonder if Tony Gonzalez is still in shape and interested in a part time job? Only half joking, the passing game is in serious need of a big target with great hands.

I think Gonzo could suit up now and do well (as a pass catching TE) but if you believe him, he's made clear the only team that he would come back for would be the Falcons. That's what he swore to Blank and the fanbase.

Tony reminds me of a man of his word so I don't see him as a possibility. Good idea, though. I'd love to have the guy.

Where did you hear this? You have a source because that sounds like something you made up.

Also hard to believe because of the stunt Gonzalez pulled in by not filing his retirement papers and making the Falcons cut him. If you wanted to play for the Falcons so badly you wouldn't have forced the Falcons make you a free agent.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Steve2222":3oasm02r said:
HawkWow":3oasm02r said:
irocdave":3oasm02r said:
Wonder if Tony Gonzalez is still in shape and interested in a part time job? Only half joking, the passing game is in serious need of a big target with great hands.

I think Gonzo could suit up now and do well (as a pass catching TE) but if you believe him, he's made clear the only team that he would come back for would be the Falcons. That's what he swore to Blank and the fanbase.

Tony reminds me of a man of his word so I don't see him as a possibility. Good idea, though. I'd love to have the guy.

Where did you hear this? You have a source because that sounds like something you made up.

Yeah..because I have nothing better to do than to make up stories about the retired Tony Gonzalez.

But despite your disrespect, I will divulge my source to you:

I've been watching this new network called ESPN. They cover all kinds of sports and football is one of them. They cover ALL 32 NFL TEAMS!

Again, that's E. S. P. N. which stands for either:

a) Entertainment, Sports Programming Network or

b) Eat Sh*t Pinhead Newb.

razgriz737

Reaction score
HawkWow":zbtok18q said:
Steve2222":zbtok18q said:
HawkWow":zbtok18q said:
irocdave":zbtok18q said:

Yeah..because I have nothing better to do than to make up stories about the retired Tony Gonzalez.

But despite your disrespect, I will divulge my source to you:

I've been watching this new network called ESPN. They cover all kinds of sports and football is one of them. They cover ALL 32 NFL TEAMS!

Again, that's E. S. P. N. which stands for either:

a) Entertainment, Sports Programming Network or

b) Eat Sh*t Pinhead Newb.
Post 6333 0 26664600 1397318461

HawkWow

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":2d9ppj1u said:
Steve2222":2d9ppj1u said:
HawkWow":2d9ppj1u said:
irocdave":2d9ppj1u said:

Also hard to believe because of the stunt Gonzalez pulled in by not filing his retirement papers and making the Falcons cut him. If you wanted to play for the Falcons so badly you wouldn't have forced the Falcons make you a free agent.

Clearly he didn't want to play anywhere. That's why he retired. If he wanted to play elsewhere, he would be playing elsewhere. Or do you think the OP was the first to consider Tony Gonzalez might be a good fit for a team in need of a TE?

morgulon1

Reaction score
taz291819":28fqftp6 said:
NorCalSeahawk":28fqftp6 said:
Another big loss. Russell has been missing a safety valve this season (with Tate and now Miller gone) and this won't help. I think Garry Gilliam will do just fine in the blocking department and maybe making a catch or two, but either Willison, Helfet, Moeaki or Allen need to start adding something to the passing game, because right now none of them has shown to be as reliable as Miller has been over the last two years making consistent catches and Miller isn't even an elite TE, so that doesn't say much about the Seahawks current group.

He's not an elite pass-catching TE, but he is an elite blocking TE. But your point still holds.

Hindsight being 20/20 , Zach Miller could do everything better than what we have left to replace him. It's time for the
other guys to get better and embrace the opportunity.

Tokadub

Reaction score
Yikes I'm really behind on the news this week, hearing that from Wednesday's press conference caused a series of loud verbal expletives :shock:

I really think we are gonna need to give opportunities to Norwood, Richardson, and Lockette. All 3 of them have been insanely effective and productive even with very limited opportunities.

Don't like this news at all... Zach Miller is very underrated and our Offense could be a bit whack all year with his absence.

firebee

Reaction score
We moved Sweezy from DT to Guard... We just signed Bradford, even though we have Smith and Wagner coming back very soon, making for a crowded linebacking corp. Screw it... Maybe we can work Bruce Irvin in a little at Tight End.