Your USC Coaching Predictions

cover-2

Reaction score
Alabama offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier seems like a good fit. He is a West Coast guy, born in Oregon. Prior to Alabama he was the offensive coordinator at U of Washington, he was a QB coach for a couple years in the NFL, he is supposedly a good recruiter, and he was a back up QB in the NFL for a few years.

chris98251

Reaction score
CPHawk":2gnn4w0i said:
I have a hard time seeing SC going to a spread option attack. They seem pretty tied to their traditional offense down in LA.

They have a tradition and it's called winning, aside from my glib humor I think they go big name and recognition for recruiting and credibility after Kiffens mess.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Pretty cold what they did to the HC. But it's their program I guess. There are some good college coaches out there. But mid season it would be hard to get one. I think the best shot is someone within. Our Special Teams coach Schneider would be on my short list next year.

CPHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":3nnjh1yg said:
CPHawk":3nnjh1yg said:
I have a hard time seeing SC going to a spread option attack. They seem pretty tied to their traditional offense down in LA.

They have a tradition and it's called winning, aside from my glib humor I think they go big name and recognition for recruiting and credibility after Kiffens mess.

Anyone can recruit top 10 classes to SC, I don't think the big name is as big a deal down there. Honestly Hackett, who sucked in all phases, landed top 10 classes every year.

drrew

Reaction score
Jack Del Rio has apparently been spotted at LAX, can't imagine he'd want to leave the NFL's eventual Super Bowl runner-up midseason, but if Pat Haden comes calling with $3m-$4m, it might be worth it.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Del Rio just said peace out during the middle of the game? I don't know if he is actually in la on game day.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
CPHawk":micabewl said:
Del Rio just said peace out during the middle of the game? I don't know if he is actually in la on game day.

Patrick Sullivan ‏@coachPSully 34m
Just spotted Jack Del Rio in LAX #USC

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
seahawk2k":32nwentk said:
Everybody bags on Kiffin, but its funny how teams often hire coaches to shepherd them through sanctions then fire them for underperformance when they are down 30 scholarships.

Kiffen is objectively a terrible coach. Last year he had all the talent in the world and blew it.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Anyone catch Sark on Mitch in the Morning today? He absolutely left the door open should USC come calling. He could have very easily said that he has no interest now or in the future, but instead he said that it was just a distraction. Has me a little worried honestly

Gap Filler

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":9nnrbvrk said:
Anyone catch Sark on Mitch in the Morning today? He absolutely left the door open should USC come calling. He could have very easily said that he has no interest now or in the future, but instead he said that it was just a distraction. Has me a little worried honestly

I just listened to it. http://www.sportsradiokjr.com/media/pod ... -23776229/

He definitely didn't say he wasn't interested....its a distraction, I won't talk about hypotheticals, not finished with what I came here to do YET.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2w3xtsbf said:
CPHawk":2w3xtsbf said:

Patrick Sullivan ‏@coachPSully 34m
Just spotted Jack Del Rio in LAX #USC

This is baloney. Del Rio was having a meal with the rest of the Broncos coaches in Denver when this was posted. Fox laughed about it at his press conference. The guy (Sullivan) was just making crap up.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
@ryanadamdavis is reporting TJ Rubley was spotted at LAX.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Sarkisian said he would not talk about “hypothetical scenarios.”

The Huskies have been preaching “zero distractions” this season, and Sarkisian said this week will be the chance to prove that.

“We’re focused on the task at hand,” Sarkisian said. “And the task is a big one this week, and that’s playing Stanford.

“I’m extremely thankful for the opportunity I have to be the head football coach at the University of Washington,” he added. “… It’s an awesome place to be. I have never once, and I will never, comment on hypothetical scenarios. I know that that’s the world a lot of us in this room live in, and that’s your job to do, I understand that. I’ve never done that in the four and a half years that I’ve been here, and I won’t do that. I have great respect for USC and the rich history and tradition that they have, but I’m proud to the be head coach of the 15th-ranked team in America right now, and all the hard work that we’ve put in to this program for the last five years to get to this point, to be in an awesome matchup on national television on Saturday night against a national-championship contender in Stanford. And that’s where my focus is.”

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/huskyfoot ... e-huskies/

JSeahawks

Reaction score
John Gruden to USC rumors are picking up steam. Personally, I don't see Gruden taking the job but if he does it should scare the crap out of the rest of the pac 12, especially on the recruiting trail.

Gap Filler

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1is9tlrh said:
John Gruden to USC rumors are picking up steam. Personally, I don't see Gruden taking the job but if he does it should scare the crap out of the rest of the pac 12, especially on the recruiting trail.

Wow. Mora Jr. and Gruden coaching in L.A. Gotta say that would be awesome. Good luck recruiting against those 2.

Latest posts