Yesterday's offensive game plan...

GeekHawk

Reaction score
First off, we'll get the obvious statement over with and say "Yes, that was a pretty offensive game plan there..." :roll:

So, down to the offense. Do you suppose Schottenheimer doesn't have any designed plays except for 1) run 2) long bomb 3) improvise? I'm sure you can't audible into plays that aren't in the scheme. We all know what other teams are doing to our defense with short routes + YAC and short passes in the middle. Seems like when we faced a team playing 2 deep safeties to stifle the bomb, or like yesterday playing a team with Aaron Donald (not allowing time for long plays to develop) and Jaylen Ramsey (also effectively covering long plays), along with a stout run D (and us having only backup RBs available) that the game plan should have changed to a more short-pass concept. Do we not do that because the plays aren't in the book? And the only short game we have is the result of improv (which also takes time we didn't have yesterday)? If that's the case then I'm officially changing "Schottenheimer" to "Scheissenheimer". Which may not be perfect German, but I think gets the point across.

Maybe someone can set me straight if I'm wrong here.

John63

Reaction score
GeekHawk":2n3j2pbc said:
First off, we'll get the obvious statement over with and say "Yes, that was a pretty offensive game plan there..." :roll:

So, down to the offense. Do you suppose Schottenheimer doesn't have any designed plays except for 1) run 2) long bomb 3) improvise? I'm sure you can't audible into plays that aren't in the scheme. We all know what other teams are doing to our defense with short routes + YAC and short passes in the middle. Seems like when we faced a team playing 2 deep safeties to stifle the bomb, or like yesterday playing a team with Aaron Donald (not allowing time for long plays to develop) and Jaylen Ramsey (also effectively covering long plays), along with a stout run D (and us having only backup RBs available) that the game plan should have changed to a more short-pass concept. Do we not do that because the plays aren't in the book? And the only short game we have is the result of improv (which also takes time we didn't have yesterday)? If that's the case then I'm officially changing "Schottenheimer" to "Scheissenheimer". Which may not be perfect German, but I think gets the point across.

Maybe someone can set me straight if I'm wrong here.

I would agree except were we doing the quick passing attack for the first 5 games then AZ came, and we went back to the old run, throw long, snap with 5 or less on the clock predictability. I think this is on PC who has said he hates short passes, and he wants to run, throw long and eat clock. After 5 games he decided to go back to it, for some reason.

Latest posts