Wrong cleats

Bobblehead

Reaction score
acbass":1r0rhedy said:
I believe the Panthers used it as a tactical advantage. Whether it was planned or not, I don't know. They ran a ton more than usual. My wife even made a comment at some point "do they ever throw the ball?" Back in the day teams would grow the grass longer in some places to slow down faster teams. I think the NFL really needs to do something about the quality of some of these fields. The Redskins stadium, 49ers, Panthers, Bears, and a couple of others have just atrocious fields. It's dangerous. If the league is so worried about injuries why don't they set a mandate for the quality of the field? I'm sure requiring field turf will never happen but I'd like to see it one day.

Panther player said that their practice facility was the same turf as the stadium and admitted they knew the field a lot better.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Its not that uncommon to re-cleat. Warms ups and game can be different. The field supported cutting, but not anchoring.. that first run the defense noticed. They could push off but not hold their ground with it. Sometimes you dont know stuff til the hitting starts. In the playoff game in Jan.08 in Green Bay the same thing happened I believe.

AVL

Reaction score
Piss poor playoff preparation for both playoff games. Those first half road playoff woes are killer.