Would you pull the trigger?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
It's a passing league. Sure Suh is disruptive but I will take a shut-down CB over a disruptive DT.

No, a pass rushing DE..then you might be talking. But anything short of that...nah.

I think Sherman could end up as the defensive player of the year this season.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Based on the past week alone, I have no doubt Suh is chemically imbalanced. I totally believe his expressed desire to clean up his act and lead by example (!) was sincere. That got him named captain. Almost immediately thereafter, he proceeds to assault (with intent to do bodily harm) an opposing player not even involved in the play. This tells me (and probably Goodell) that Suh cannot be trusted. Suh cannot trust himself.

Most of you are likely too young to recall the Polish boxing sensation, Andrew Golota. Golota suffered this same behavior. After continuous low blows to the sack of Riddick Bowe, He was DQed in a fight he was clearly winning....and about to become HW champion of the world. The ensuing melee, in both ring and crowd, took 30 mins to contain. Later, Golota swore he benefitted from counseling and had turned a new leaf. The 2 camps decided to stage another fight. Golota was beating the crap out of Bowe again, and again was about to become champ...but the demons got the best of him yet again. He could no longer contain himself and starting again, intentionally punching Bowe in the huevos. DQed again. He appeared genuinely remorseful but could offer no explanation for his actions. Anyone with a brain understood he was just dirty by nature and not satisfied unless hurting someone outside the rules of the sport.

I have no doubt Suh shares such demons and I question how much longer he will be allowed to play NFL football. Rolling the dice, I'd offer nothing more than a 3rd rd pick for the guy.

Uffda

Reaction score
JJ Watt possibly but not for Thomas or Sherman maybe for Irving, Turbin and Thurmond.

With Suh you'd have to take in account that he wouldn't be playing the whole season due to the suspension s.

13thMan

Reaction score
Nope... dude is a loose cannon and has and will cost his team games. No thanks.

Greenhell

Reaction score
HawkWow":2xdp5jci said:
Based on the past week alone, I have no doubt Suh is chemically imbalanced. I totally believe his expressed desire to clean up his act and lead by example (!) was sincere. That got him named captain. Almost immediately thereafter, he proceeds to assault (with intent to do bodily harm) an opposing player not even involved in the play. This tells me (and probably Goodell) that Suh cannot be trusted. Suh cannot trust himself.

Most of you are likely too young to recall the Polish boxing sensation, Andrew Golota. Golota suffered this same behavior. After continuous low blows to the sack of Riddick Bowe, He was DQed in a fight he was clearly winning....and about to become HW champion of the world. The ensuing melee, in both ring and crowd, took 30 mins to contain. Later, Golota swore he benefitted from counseling and had turned a new leaf. The 2 camps decided to stage another fight. Golota was beating the crap out of Bowe again, and again was about to become champ...but the demons got the best of him yet again. He could no longer contain himself and starting again, intentionally punching Bowe in the huevos. DQed again. He appeared genuinely remorseful but could offer no explanation for his actions. Anyone with a brain understood he was just dirty by nature and not satisfied unless hurting someone outside the rules of the sport.

I have no doubt Suh shares such demons and I question how much longer he will be allowed to play NFL football. Rolling the dice, I'd offer nothing more than a 3rd rd pick for the guy.

:les: You just made me feel old. :waah:

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
hawker84":1kyegqqe said:
Good scenario... In theory i always thought, the stronger your D line (pass rush) the weaker your secondary can be.. To me it'd be like trading an apple for an apple.

I always thought it was the other way around.

Stronger dline = pressures QB for errand throws = easier for secondary

Weak dline = limited pressure on QB, easier & more time for the QB to throw, WR's have more time to escape from coverage, etc. = harder for secondary

Basically, a good dline can make a secondary look better than it actually is, but not vice versa.

kearly

Reaction score
If money was the same, sure (it's not, so I wouldn't). I don't expect Pete to find another Sherman any time soon, but he's proven remarkably capable of finding above average corners in bargain bins. He's had a much tougher time with DL, even the good additions he's made there did not come cheap (other than Clemons/Brock).

I would much rather trade for Geno Atkins though, if the option was there. Atkins transformed the Bengals D-line. The rest of the guys around him have more production than talent. Atkins is the reason why.

chris98251

Reaction score
Suh is on his way to a long vacation, he's a star but the NFL will have to draw a line, that attitude bleeds over to the rest of the team also. If he's on your team I'm sure you love him, but I think he has used up just about all the get out of jail passes he has.

So no.

yeastmode

Reaction score
Player for player trades almost never happen in the NFL, especially on the elite level. The more realistic question would be what kind of draft pick package would each team surrender for the other player?

Latest posts