Worst Case Scenario

nwHawk

Reaction score
I get it. And if we were going to run a traditional 4-3, I would be totally down with it. But as a 3-4, I would go another direction.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Murphy was asked and seems like he might know himself too… “I like the 4-3 scheme, I feel like I’m a 4-3 guy,” Murphy said. “But I can also play whatever scheme any team wants me to play in.” - https://www.profootballnetwork.com/...ii-would-fit-new-look-miami-dolphins-defense/

I’m not saying it won’t happen, but I’m just saying the direction of the scheme might not be best for Murphy. As a situational NT, sure, but not at 16.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
Trade out of the first round and pick up two 2nd round picks. Then draft a RB and OLB with those picks. .... I jest.

Jegpeg

Reaction score
Moving up and taking Nix or Penix. Both are going to be overdrafted.
Difficult to tell where they will be drafted, often the teams don't believe the media hype on a lot of mediocre QBs. Milik Willis was expected to be a top 10 pick, often taken by us at 9 and one Mediot had use trade up to 4 to get him. While Johnny Manziel was overdrafted the most of the media had him as a top 10 pick and some as number 1.
If they do drop trading up from 89 to a higher 3rd round spot for Nix or Penix wouldn't be that ba a move be we shouldn't get either in the first.

chris98251

Reaction score
Worst Case, they bring Ken and Tom in to make a pick out of Nostalgia. It ends up being Tobey McGwire, they loved the McGwire's. Yeah they messed up, his last name is spelled Maguire

Chevy

Reaction score
Nix at 16 is a bit rich for me. But I like him as a prospect. If they traded back & took him at the end of the round, I would be okay with it.

What do you dislike about Johnson?

It's the combination of Nix (who i wouldn't take until 2nd or 3rd round) and any TE in the 3rd round (not named Ben Sinnott). I like Johnson, but I like Ben Sinnott so much more than Johnson. But, Sinnott is going to be drafted in round 2. I think Sinnott will be a top-5 TE in the NFL whereas I think Johnson will be solid, but unspectacular, like Noah Fant. I think we can get an great OG, ILB, or Safety in the 3rd round.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Donald was an 1” taller, arms are 1/2” longer and his 40 was 4.68 vs Murphy’s 4.88. Still really good, but not Donald 2.0.
Nobody said he was. You are incorrectly inferring that from a post said nothing of the sort. The post basically said that short arms are NOT a reason to pass on a DT. Geno Atkins...the Seahawks passed on him, even though it was obvious at the Senior Bowl that he was one of the best players out there. "A bunch of sacks at Georgia from the DT position? Nope, can't do it, arms are 1 inch too short"

Why do people always do this? I keep hearing pundits on 710 "Now I'm saying Player X is the same as Player Y, only using Player Y as a benchmark."

But they HAVE to do that to slow down the texts saying "You #&*& idiots! Player X will never be as good as Player Y!" It slows it down, but some people are so ready to jump in and say that, that they miss the whole point.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I get the point. But the reason why there are so many “comps”, from fans, radio hosts and scouts, is start with where could you fit/what kind of player might you be.

If MM wants him to be a disruptive nose tackle, go for it. I see that as more of a situational player at this point.

A pro defense with men, not boys might be a taller task, no pun intended. Middle of the line, I’d rather have a guy that can get a pawn up and disrupt passing lanes more frequently. Just me. Even Murphy himself see his fit better in a 4-3, most likely as a 3-tech, which is perfect for him.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Not drafting a qb they like that falls to them at 16, and said qb goes on to have a hall of fame career and wins multiple sb's.

Latest posts