Wilson's agent, "He took less so Seahawks could keep Wagner"

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Sealake80":5qapznc7 said:
My post was deleted. Apparently, I can't voice my opinion about people, in general, who think Wilson wouldn't take less for the benefit of his team.

It makes me laugh and :roll:

Hope that's OK to say on seahawks.net. Wouldn't want anyones feelings to get hurt. Win Forever.

Have you tried to read the .Net rules? It might help your future posts...if any.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Sometimes i'm actually ashame to be a Seahawks fan, this fanbase can turn on a player so quick it's not even funny. Can't we just enjoy that we have a competitive team for years? What good is a discussion when we go straight into judging a character of a person.

Come on breathe with me and say WOOOOSSSSSAAAAAA and just enjoy the upcoming season.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":114w8psm said:
Sometimes i'm actually ashame to be a Seahawks fan, this fanbase can turn on a player so quick it's not even funny. Can't we just enjoy that we have a competitive team for years? What good is a discussion when we go straight into judging a character of a person.

Come on breathe with me and say WOOOOSSSSSAAAAAA and just enjoy the upcoming season.

I havent seen any character judging....am I missing something?

I see hawk fans justifiably laughing at a easy to see through spin job by the agent. THE AGENT.

my goodness....it will soon come to the point that fans will be critiquing Bevell.....or Sherman....and somehow it will get twisted into poor RW being judged.

His sainthood for some is REAL.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":l8w5oxi3 said:

Good, then stop being one then.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":12esv7yg said:
theincrediblesok":12esv7yg said:

Thank you for your contribution :p

When Wilson's agent is mention it's still tied to Wilson, and Wilson is still seen as a greedy player, even though the contract was pretty fair, and structure greatly where both the organization and Wilson were happy. If he was truly greedy he would of played this year out on 1.5m and bank on next year hoping to chase that $25 million a year dream.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
3 is nice but I've been on record since 2012 the minimum will be 4 and with 5-6 being a distinct possibility because unlike Peyton, Cam or Luck he's money and Brady who is much like him isn't playing much longer no matter what he wishes.

Tech Worlds is just teasing you. Anybody sane knows Wilson took less just like Bennett, Chancellor, Earl and Sherman. It's called the Tampa Bay plan except we have the piece they never had....the first tier quarterback. This is just the start of a ride never seen in the salary cap era you better enjoy because I doubt it will ever be repeated anytime soon.

We're going to be a playoff contender for years coming just because we have Wilson but we'll be much more because we'll have much more also. Winning draws people in that are proven winners especially one's that were in situations with no chance to win.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":2h6cn6a0 said:
Tech Worlds":2h6cn6a0 said:
theincrediblesok":2h6cn6a0 said:

When Wilson's agent is mention it's still tied to Wilson, and Wilson is still seen as a greedy player, even though the contract was pretty fair, and structure greatly where both the organization and Wilson were happy. If he was truly greedy he would of played this year out on 1.5m and bank on next year hoping to chase that $25 million a year dream.

You are projecting.

No one called Wilson greedy in this thread.

They laughed at the horrible spin job by the agent. That's it.

Like I said, some of us are so defensive, we are creating Wilson drama where none exists. In fact, I am reading plenty of Wilson love, fans lauding his circumvention of his agent to get it done, if thats how it went down.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Hawkpower":e7n1tuha said:
theincrediblesok":e7n1tuha said:
Tech Worlds":e7n1tuha said:
theincrediblesok":e7n1tuha said:

You are projecting.

No one called Wilson greedy in this thread.

They laughed at the horrible spin job by the agent. That's it.

Like I said, some of us are so defensive, we are creating Wilson drama where none exists. In fact, I am reading plenty of Wilson love, fans lauding his circumvention of his agent to get it done, if thats how it went down.

Your right i'm gonna take a little breathe myself and Wooosaa, sorry man didn't have a snickers bar today

Sealake80

Reaction score
I'm grateful that Wilson took less so that Wagner can feast too. I'm grateful for some really nice posts that were made in this thread too by some people who could also be good or bad at any given moment or on any given day.

I'd like to "attack the posts" that talk bad about our players for negotiating contracts. Wilson, Bennett, Kam, Seahawks get paid. Pathetic posts sit there expressing opinions of people I may respect, but I don't respect the posts, but I don't really know the people either.

I don't respect any post that disrespects a man for trying to get paid what he is worth. Posts that attack Wilson and his agents character make me laugh because they are unfounded and petty posts by what I hope are wonderful people. Some of these posts I have seen are kind of ugly and boring. The people who make them I'm sure are wonderful fans who are actually very different from the posts. I think some posts are in poor taste and are their own special kind of way of trolling our players and respectful fan base.

To further attack some posts - that I won't specifically call out because I don't attack people just posts and some people might actually use their real name on here. My first name is Sea and my last name is Lake 80 for instance. Anyway insert some X's and O's here to sound like a football genius. Anyway if Wilson and his agent said it I believe it and isn't it great to have a proven winner on our team for a few more years at a bargain price. Isn't it great we could afford to keep the best Middle Linebacker too. I'm so excited for the season. There will be so many posts on here I love and respect then. Who knows about the people. Win Forever.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":118aqu72 said:
He took a discount just by signing this year.

I heard a comment on the radio today that went something like this: If RW was so serious about not playing this year, why did he purchase insurance, a month or so ago?

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
LymonHawk":1d5oku1s said:
MontanaHawk05":1d5oku1s said:

I heard a comment on the radio today that went something like this: If RW was so serious about not playing this year, why did he purchase insurance, a month or so ago?

There was no way he wasn't going to play this year, that doesn't make any sense. He said he would play hard for 1.5m or even 25m. Also I heard he always purchase insurance, because he's been playing with a very low salary for the last 3 years.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":26k32yn7 said:
LymonHawk":26k32yn7 said:
MontanaHawk05":26k32yn7 said:

There was no way he wasn't going to play this year, that doesn't make any sense. He said he would play hard for 1.5m or even 25m. Also I heard he always purchase insurance, because he's been playing with a very low salary for the last 3 years.

Let me re-phrase that: :oops: If he intended to play this year for 1.5 mil, why would he have a $10 million insurance policy? That's closer to what I heard...I think.

Rob12

Reaction score
LymonHawk":1aukzyvn said:
I'd wager that almost everyone calling 'BS' on this haven't listened to the call.

And you'd probably be right. I retract what I said earlier. I do believe that Wilson took less so the organization would still have some flexibility to sign some key players. And that flies in the face of what the media has reported all offseason.

Russell Wilson is my favorite player of all time. I just had a connection there with him from his days at Wisconsin when he beat the breaks off of my now deceased dad's Cornhuskers. I love his game, I love his personality, and I feel he is as genuine as they come.

I was annoyed. But that's only because I believed the media's BS. The Russ contract was extremely beneficial to the Hawks. And for that, he should be commended for being the leader that he is.

The future is so damn bright. My bad Russ, for ever doubting you or your intentions.

Rob12

Reaction score
Sealake80":13muf0tu said:
The negative reaction from the fan base is really silly and if I wanted to waste too much time it would really rub me the wrong way. I truly hope that the players completely ignore the noise. Life is more productive when you can.

Wilson signed a very fair deal without missing a single day of camp... or testing the free agent market. This is after playing for very little his first three years.

3 is our lucky number. We will win 3 with wilson.

No one should judge him for getting a great agent and negotiating a deal. What is the deal with that? I don't get it.

Start high when you are negotiating and ask for what you want - or more than what you want - or you will never get it.

Don't our players deserve the right to negotiate their business contracts without a bunch of negative energy directed at them? Are the players supposed to shut up, act stupid and throw their bodies away for our enjoyment?

Wilson may be the most team first guy the Seahawks have ever had. We have the chance to be champions for several more years with this deal. Like I said, we will win 3. We should be thanking our lucky stars with this deal. Football is a business and deals happen. Some more friendly to the team than others. Wilson's deal is team friendly. Just wait till you see the deals coming out next year and the year after.

Our guy is going down in history as a football god after winning a few more championships because of this deal. If Wilson's good friend and agent says he took less to keep Wagner on the team then I would bank on it. It's tell the truth Tuesday and I'm going easy with my opinion so I don't get banned!

Win Forever.

No. The reaction from the fan base was expected. 99.9 percent of us absolutely love Russ and the thought of potentially losing him or there being a rift between him and the organization was too much to bare as a fan, and people found themselves lashing out a bit.

The fans who said he didn't deserve that kind of money or your old school folks who have been around forever. The game has changed, salaries have changed, and the way quarterbacks are paid has changed. Many of them are just set in their ways is all. It's nothing personal against Russ.

And of course, players have the right to get more money. Kam is a perfect example. Dude has absolutely outperformed his contract in my eyes. I love watching the SB against Denver and watching him wreck people. Hell, he was the best player on our defense during that entire playoff run. He deserves more, and I hope he gets it. I fully back his hold out, even if it was a bit of a surprise to me.

HansGruber

Reaction score
ihawk":dw37hd0l said:
absolute bull. rodgers just wants to give the impression that he could have made his client even more money so he can attract more lucrative nfl clients. he's simultaneously using AND restoring RW's reputation as a 'team player'. it's a brilliant ploy, if not a transparent one. rodgers comes out looking like a shrewd agent who was hand cuffed by his client's desires to be team friendly. i don't believe it for a second. they held out to the last second trying to extract the most they could, and in the end they had to come part way back to earth to get it done. i love RW, and super relieved he's signed now -- but this is just PR baloney rodgers is spinning.
I'm not sure you understand how this works.

Why would an agent want potential clients to think he left money on the table? That would be the worst advertising ever.

OP
OP
lukerguy

lukerguy

Reaction score
My only issue with the statement is that it completely contradicts what everyone else knows to be true.

- The negotiations were much longer than most thought and took until the last hour to complete.
- Wilson didn't get a lot of good publicity from the negotiations.

If Wilson really "left money on the table" why did it take so long? Do you think they went until less than a day before the deadline so that they could take less? That's preposterous.

Does this scenario make any sense?

Rodgers:
"We want $25MM per year with 70 guaranteed".

----------------------

Seahawks at deadline:
"We'll give you $23MM guaranteed with 65MM guaranteed"

Rodgers:
"Ahh we'll just take $21.9MM with $61MM guaranteed so you can sign Bobby. We just drew this whole thing out for so long so we could mess with everyone."

Rob12

Reaction score
LymonHawk":13i13k5v said:
Sealake80":13i13k5v said:
My post was deleted. Apparently, I can't voice my opinion about people, in general, who think Wilson wouldn't take less for the benefit of his team.

It makes me laugh and :roll:

Hope that's OK to say on seahawks.net. Wouldn't want anyones feelings to get hurt. Win Forever.

Have you tried to read the .Net rules? It might help your future posts...if any.

Yeah, this. There are rules for a reason.

Rob12

Reaction score
lukerguy":rlmwgurf said:
My only issue with the statement is that it completely contradicts what everyone else knows to be true.

- The negotiations were much longer than most thought and took until the last hour to complete.
- Wilson didn't get a lot of good publicity from the negotiations.

If Wilson really "left money on the table" why did it take so long? Do you think they went until less than a day before the deadline so that they could take less? That's preposterous.

Does this scenario make any sense?

Rodgers:
"We want $25MM per year with 70 guaranteed".

----------------------

Seahawks at deadline:
"We'll give you $23MM guaranteed with 65MM guaranteed"

Rodgers:
"Ahh we'll just take $21.9MM with $61MM guaranteed so you can sign Bobby. We just drew this whole thing out for so long so we could mess with everyone."

The negotiations were longer but who cares. It was an enormous decision for Russ and we should respect that. The bottom line is that it has been analyzed to death, and this deal for the Seahawks is overwhelmingly being seen as team friendly. That lends some credibility to Rodgers' comments, even if I do think he is simply doing some damage control at this point.

peppersjap

Reaction score
Wilson signed a team friendly deal but if it was all about the team he would have signed earlier and for a little less. he did what was best for him which he should have. If he had waited until next year he would have lost the extra money he got this year. I'm happy with the way everything played out but my problem is when the agent runs his mouth after the fact. He is a baseball agent and they are the worst. If he was a true father figure to Wilson he would have represented him for free, he is an agent!

That being said, so happy the way things played out.........I am so pumped for this season!!!