Will Michael get some carries?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Cartire":xvjo1elp said:
The run game is not our problem. No need to rush him in so fast. Remember when rookies were brought in properly?

I remember when rookies were not ready for the nfl speed....but that was 20 years ago. Russell Wilson did just fine.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The Houston game was in the balance and there was a greater need for Lynch to be in the game for both his power running and his pass pro. At this point while the talent of Michael appears to be undisputed he is not yet a complete player and needs to to minimally improve his pass blocking before his PT will increase. A lot of young players who have been the 'go to bell cow guy' in college seem slow to 'get it' playing ST and Michael will be sitting until the light comes on and he can contribute more than being just a 3rd down back.

I think his future is bright but at present there are minimally 2 other RBs and maybe 3 who are more complete players and deserve to be playing ahead of him. He still has much to learn.

If he gets some carries it will be late and the Hawks will have a safe lead, or some disaster will have happened and he is closing things out.

Cartire

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":3gfp8dpu said:
Cartire":3gfp8dpu said:
The run game is not our problem. No need to rush him in so fast. Remember when rookies were brought in properly?

I remember when rookies were not ready for the nfl speed....but that was 20 years ago. Russell Wilson did just fine.

Are you saying every rookie is equatable to RW?

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
I think his limited carries has more to do w/ the scores and closeness of games so far. The one game he got carries in was jags cuz we had it handily in the bag and no worries about come backs. I think they just don't want to take a chance of a rookie mistake costing us a game because we have proven commodities in Beast and Turbo. I am sure he will get more chances as the season progresses.

HawkWow

Reaction score
No rookie is more NFL ready than an RB. If we did our due diligence, and drafted wisely, fumbles shouldn't be of concern. This idea of "not rushing him" is without warrant. Rookie backs start in this league. All we need from Michael is 1/2 dozen touches.

I guess it is all on his inability to block and/or special teams play. That doesn't seem like a lot to ask of your 2nd rd pick. Nobody is suggesting he start over Lynch. That would be insanity, but he should be sharing time (by now) with Turbo. Should (god forbid) Lynch go down, I'd rather Michael be getting game time experience now, than his first, then.

The longer this goes on...the more I have to wonder if there's more to this story. I hope not.

nwgamer

Reaction score
hawk45":3bx26gn7 said:
I think it's mainly blocking as well. With the OL in shambles, they feel at least they need to play the backs who can spare RW's life when called on.

Agreed. The O-Line is in shambles and blocking is key atm.