"Why Richard Sherman can't let go"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
This isn't the first time Sherman Smith has said something to the media that was eyebrow raising.

Iirc, a couple months ago wasn't he the one saying that the team lost some if their fire after the Butler INT? It appears Sherman Smith and Richard Sherman had troubles getting over that. One is gone, the other was on the trade block. Very interesting

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
But don't mention the incredible 4th and 7 play. Or the incredible scramble and long pass to Baldwin.......
And is was only Wilson who cost the team that 2nd ring. Not the incredible defensive play by Butler. I guess it was Wilson gave up the 10 point lead as well as Brady was moving up and down the field.
They win and lose as a team. Sherm is not above criticism. He just seems quick to blame everyone else.

Hyak

Reaction score
vin.couve12":18tvg0xo said:
It doesn't have a whole lot to do with Wilson's play. A good portion of it has to do with Pete more than Wilson at that.

Again though, when the wins come rolling in this year a lot of this goes away.

Perhaps so although there are multiple comments in there about Pete treating everyone equally and other comments that squarely put the onus on Sherman for being difficult.

The bottom line is that all 3 units need to produce better than they did in 2016 for this team to be a legitimate SB contender. I can point to the defense and special teams blowing the 2nd Arizona game just as much as I can blame the offense for the Rams game and the Cardinals tie. It's a team game and hopefully the core guys buy back into that.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
James in PA":ln9rytnx said:
This article is pure crap and everyone is running with it. The media does indeed hate the Seahawks. The Falcons, who suffered a much more devastating Super Bowl loss, have their own headline on NFL.com today: "Super Bowl hangover? Not with these loaded Falcons."

Give me a friggin break!

LOLLLLLL Oh God. The media doesn't hate the Seahawks.

*mod edit*

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Definitely agree that players need to worry about themselves. This is akin to first world problems when compared to playing for the Browns or something.

Pete could manage this stuff better, but winning cures a lot.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":27z4q3sg said:
But don't mention the incredible 4th and 7 play. Or the incredible scramble and long pass to Baldwin.......
And is was only Wilson who cost the team that 2nd ring. Not the incredible defensive play by Butler. I guess it was Wilson gave up the 10 point lead as well as Brady was moving up and down the field.
They win and lose as a team. Sherm is not above criticism. He just seems quick to blame everyone else.

And our quarterback shouldn't be either. Yet for many, he is.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1532oyyk said:
SoulfishHawk":1532oyyk said:

Needs to stock up on them ribs at Costco, mmmhmmm.

Seymour

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2odcmoz3 said:
Hasselbeck":2odcmoz3 said:
SoulfishHawk":2odcmoz3 said:

Needs to stock up on them ribs at Costco, mmmhmmm.

Just polished off the last of my Curly's ribs from Costco last week. Awesome!

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
titan3131":2jzqkh5k said:
Sgt. Largent":2jzqkh5k said:
pittpnthrs":2jzqkh5k said:
I wonder how Tez would have handled 'The Play'? I ask because as a player, he was never accustomed to winning with the Seahawks. He was on horrible teams. Sometimes being on that huge stage and having something dramatic happen without anybody taking blame can have lasting effects as we are seeing now.

Tez wrecked the league while playing on a 2-14 team with one of the most historically awful offenses in the history of the league that averaged barely 8 pts a game.................and NEVER complained or called out his teammates once.

How much of this nonsense is true? Idk, but even if only 20% of it's true Sherman needs to grow the hell up and knock it off. You're making 13M a year on a SB contending team with amazing teammates in front of the 12's living in one of the best cities in the world. Stop complaining.

On Tez,

Check out his CFB record. He went from only losing like 4 games in 3 years to the worst team in the league. He was incredibly unique, the Seahawks were incredibly fortunate to have had him in our colors. RIP

Oh for sure. He went from winning at Miami to never expecting to win in Seattle. He was awesome for sure, but I was just bringing up the point that it would be hard to evaluate how he would feel or react to blowing a Super Bowl on a horrible play call when the most success he ever encountered was a WC loss on a 9-7 team.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
That article twists a lot of stuff to fit a clean narrative. The reality is a lot more complicated.

The good news is every aspect of the team has a chance to be better this year. And a healthy amount of tension can be healthy within any organization.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Wickersham's response to Bennett's Tweet.

"I'd like him to see my phone and see all the people in the building who say I nailed it."

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3vaoxi6d said:

"I'd like him to see my phone and see all the people in the building who say I nailed it."

Another anonymous source "in the building" . . . what a surprise. :yawn:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawknation2017":kkwqm36n said:
Sgt. Largent":kkwqm36n said:

If you're a journalist, the quickest way to lose all your sources is to expose them. Doesn't make the story less true.

Like I said, even if all this Sherman drama is 20% true, that's still 20% too much for me.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":ozapsft8 said:

People have their bad days and good days and times when they remember LOB and times when they feel a little selfish.

That said, I'm sure Bennett is intentionally trying to downplay this. The bit about the ribs is actually something of note in his tweet as well.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":28h9m0yc said:
hawknation2017":28h9m0yc said:
Sgt. Largent":28h9m0yc said:

If you're a journalist, the quickest way to lose all your sources is to expose them. Doesn't make the story less true.

Like I said, even if all this Sherman drama is 20% true, that's still 20% too much for me.

It's also a good way to stroke yourself for stirring up drama. :2thumbs:

This whole story can be summed up as, competitive players don't like losing.

Schadie001

Reaction score
Defensive players need to understand that they are not a Franchise QB. Wilson's number have been as good as and far better than many many many great QB's who we call Hall of Fame QB's. There is a reason that teams take care of, favor, and pay for Franchise QB's. It is the hardest position to play. You never hear of a Franchise CB, maybe an all pro, pro-bowl CB big difference. He should be smart enough to know , if this is true, that it isn't good for anyone. If they want to win he and the rest of the D had better stow this garbage and get to doing what they do. They weren't lights out last year either and how many 4th quarter loses did we have the year before. Just saying. I'm sure Wilson does get the treatment but so do all QB's. Get over it and do your dam job you are getting paid millions to do.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawknation2017":13mgja68 said:
This whole story can be summed up as, competitive players don't like losing.

You don't make it to the NFL without the drive, determination and competetiveness to not like to lose.

That's no excuse for going off on your teammates, coaches and local media throwing tantrums. People need to stop giving Sherman a pass cause "that's just Richard he hates to lose!"

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Schadie001":q0eo1ct7 said:
Defensive players need to understand that they are not a Franchise QB. Wilson's number have been as good as and far better than many many many great QB's who we call Hall of Fame QB's. There is a reason that teams take care of, favor, and pay for Franchise QB's. It is the hardest position to play. You never hear of a Franchise CB, maybe an all pro, pro-bowl CB big difference. He should be smart enough to know , if this is true, that it isn't good for anyone. If they want to win he and the rest of the D had better stow this garbage and get to doing what they do. They weren't lights out last year either and how many 4th quarter loses did we have the year before. Just saying. I'm sure Wilson does get the treatment but so do all QB's. Get over it and do your dam job you are getting paid millions to do.

QBs are like starting pitchers, those rare birds who carry a tremendous amount of weight on their shoulders and usually need to be tread on gently.

Wilson demonstrated true grit by playing through multiple injuries last year and behind a makeshift offensive. Even though he struggled at times, I gained even more respect for the way Wilson confronts adversity.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2dz0q4w5 said:
This article was eye opening.

The part that got me was at the end with Sherman on crutches, having to watch Wilson raise his trophy. Sherman did more to earn the Hawks that Superbowl than Wilson

lol no Sherman didn't do more than Russell to win the Super Bowl. What a stupid thing to say. Both players were vitally important to the teams championship. However, a QB effects a game much more than a CB does.

And I'm getting tired of hearing about 49 and people pointing fingers. It was a bad throw and play design (it wasn't a bad play call however). We get it. But last time I checked Brady still threw for 350 and 4 TDs that game. Suck it up. There are worse things that can happen in life. Be grateful you even won one ring in a league that's tough to do it. Some all time great players, like Joe Thomas, won't even ever have the chance to sniff even a playoff birth, let alone playing for a Lombardi Trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts