Why are the Broncos getting so much love?

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Here are the teams the Broncos have beaten so far:

Baltimore (H)
New York Giants (A)
Oakland (H)
Philadelphia (H)

So far they've played three home games out of four. The whole quartet are struggling.

Baltimore -- clearly in a transition year, currently 2-2 after losing to the Bills this weekend.
New York Giants -- 0-4 and frankly embarrassing.
Oakland -- the second worst team in the NFL after Jacksonville.
Philly -- hopeless defense and now 1-3 after beating just a shoddy Washington team.

You would expect Denver to destroy all four of those teams. So yeah, well done Peyton on the 16 touchdowns already. But come on.

They've got some tougher games coming up (apart from the Jags) so let's see how good they are then.

Exittium

Reaction score
I don't know I usually would watch the Bronco's game due to my wife bein a huge fan since she was born and raised there.. but I have to mute the TV because it gets outta hand listening to them hype up the Broncos, because Ill be honest, they DO have the easiest Schedule this year, and when they did play formidable opponents such ourselves they looked like nothing special and maybe average at that...

Lady Talon

Reaction score
well he did win about 13 in a row last year didn't he? And if I remember right, he totally dominated that hapless and up to then totally dominating Baltimore club with a clutch TD in last years Divisional playoffs.

He's balls deep in every media outlet there is, mostly because of his unparralleled string of playoff victories.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
Because Peyton manning and the truck load of records he is breaking and will break at this pace.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":23dwet3f said:
Here are the teams the Broncos have beaten so far:

Baltimore (H)
New York Giants (A)
Oakland (H)
Philadelphia (H)

So far they've played three home games out of four. The whole quartet are struggling.

Baltimore -- clearly in a transition year, currently 2-2 after losing to the Bills this weekend.
New York Giants -- 0-4 and frankly embarrassing.
Oakland -- the second worst team in the NFL after Jacksonville.
Philly -- hopeless defense and now 1-3 after beating just a shoddy Washington team.

You would expect Denver to destroy all four of those teams. So yeah, well done Peyton on the 16 touchdowns already. But come on.

They've got some tougher games coming up (apart from the Jags) so let's see how good they are then.

I would guess that they're getting the love because they're destroying those teams, as you said, and they're making it look easy.

And honestly, you can't ding the Broncos for their schedule. They play who they're scheduled to play; they don't control that. I remember how infuriating it was to hear people doubt the 2005 Seahawks because of the schedule they faced.

The Radish

Reaction score
Mostly its because of two thing.

One, they appear to be a damned good team. (sadly in my account)

Two, the media love Peyton Manning, (while people like me hate him and won't even buy from companys he does ads for).

What a story, the fantastic QB,(tho he's only won 1 SuberB owl), who has a wonderful record, been MVP more than once, gets a career ending injury, comes back after being thrown to the wolves by his former team, and make a stirring comeback with another team and they can't wait for him to win another to end this fairy tale story.

Well I'd better add that he's playing lights out for sure this year. He is the current Brett Favre.

:roll:

Erebus

Reaction score
Blowouts are hard to do in the NFL. To do four straight blowouts, no matter the opponent, is impressive.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
It will still come down to how Peyton Manning plays outside in the winter. Every season produces some easy opponent flash team that can't function in the cold.

pehawk

Reaction score
They'll struggle this week in Big D. I know Kiffin's dumb, but not dumb enough to throw out some damn talented corners playing press/man. Naqh, Dallas wont win, but they should be able to disrupt things.

penihawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":37jt21ps said:
It will still come down to how Peyton Manning plays outside in the winter. Every season produces some easy opponent flash team that can't function in the cold.

:13: :13: I heard Trent Dilfer offer up the exact same thing on ESPN last night and it is right on the money. Offenses like that struggle outside in Dec & Jan and we are built to grind it out in any conditions. Peyton does not have a great track record outside late in the year.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Erebus":2vew1qyn said:
Blowouts are hard to do in the NFL. To do four straight blowouts, no matter the opponent, is impressive.

Agreed, you can only beat what's put in front of you, and beat em they most certainly have. Still think if they get a date with the Hawks come SB time we do for em though.

hawker84

Reaction score
Playing 4 bad teams and beating them is one thing, blowing them out is what elite teams are supposed to do. Besides that and the whole shattering a bunch of records, and on pace to shatter more, ya i'd say they're getting much deserved love right now...

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":19gjrm5w said:

Completely agreed. Peyton has traditionally been 'Mr. September'. His schedule was incredibly cushy. In fact, it's pretty easy for most of the season.

That said, it's hard to keep on the gas. I'll give them props for basically playing against themselves, not the opponents.

Ironically, we saw this for Seattle in our SB run. We had a pretty easy path to the SB and it hurt us eventually in the post season. Having an easy schedule doesn't always do a team any favors. When the elements start to turn on Denver and the competition becomes more physical and tougher -- it'll be interesting to see if Manning reverts to his historical mean under those conditions.

He still hasn't established himself as anything other than a dome friendly QB. His record in the cold in the post season is downright poor. Playing easy opponents at home in the warmth of September isn't a good indicator of how we can expect him to perform when it matters most.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Because they're a really good team destroying lesser teams?

I mean hell, VOA agrees that they're earning their keep; it's not like the media is making excuses for them like they might for the Jets.

KEWASTEES

Reaction score
Its not about the love they are getting its about the range at they are whooping everyone. Sure in retrospect those teams suck, bu this is week 4, did we know all of them truly sucked? I think no. NOW we know they truly suck, and whats funny is there is still plenty enough time left in the season for all of this to be reversed.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
penihawk":1pryqzde said:
Scottemojo":1pryqzde said:

:13: :13: I heard Trent Dilfer offer up the exact same thing on ESPN last night and it is right on the money. Offenses like that struggle outside in Dec & Jan and we are built to grind it out in any conditions. Peyton does not have a great track record outside late in the year.
Well considering most of his career was in Indianapolis which is a dome.

C-Dub

Reaction score
Let them take all the attention. The Seahawks don't need any! We have a lot to work on, fix, and need time for people to get healthy.

Let them start talking around playoffs when we destroy teams in the Clink.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Peyton's junk with some buffalo sauce tastes just like chicken wings. Pretty simple answer, can't blame the media; everybody loves wings.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Denver vs four meaningless opponents: 179-91.

Seattles four game stretch vs SF, AZ, Buff, Chicago: 173 - 47.

Who's your Daddy now?

Wartooth

Reaction score
The teams the Donko's have 'beaten' have as many wins combined as the Hawks do...
Myself...Not buying the hype.
Let them play someone with a winning record, and some simalance of a defense.
Ravens defense...17, Giants...23, Oakland...19, Eagles...32.
In contrast to what the Hawks have faced...
Panthers...2, Texans...3, Niners...7, Jags...24
Let Pay-Ton keep padding his stats, won't mean nothing if he gets knocked out of the play offs in the first round again.

Latest posts