Who will coach San Fran next year?

rideaducati

Reaction score
The new coach in Santa Clara has zero chance to succeed as long as Baalke is the GM...zero, so, it really doesn't matter who coaches the niners next year. By the time York figures this out, the niners will have had three sub par drafts in a row and will be in dire need of a TOTAL rebuild. They'll expect immediate returns from the new GM and coach and they won't get it, so they'll be back to firing coaches every other year. I expect a lot of top 10 picks for the niners over the next 4-5 years.

At least the niners will continue to win the offseason championships they're used to.

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
hawknation":vb4l1jf1 said:
Exactly. He jumped in to defend that part of your slam rather than rebut your overall premise that Harbaugh is not significant to the team's success. It was only after I made my comment that he professed his undying love for Harbaugh in classic, bipolar fashion.

Well my slam was not overly critical. I posted facts about his tenure and even gave him credit for a few things. I think he is a good coach but I think he will be better served in Michigan. I apriciate what he has accomplished but I think it's time for him to go.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Yeah, the bigger issue is that Baalke is living off Scot McLoughan's draft board. His redshirt draft strategy didn't really work. I can't knock him for his 2012 draft too much because aside from John Schneider, no one really had too strong a draft that year, but what has he done except for that first draft he did with McLoughan's draft board?

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
rideaducati":2kgt35vl said:
The new coach in Santa Clara has zero chance to succeed as long as Baalke is the GM...zero, so, it really doesn't matter who coaches the niners next year. By the time York figures this out, the niners will have had three sub par drafts in a row and will be in dire need of a TOTAL rebuild. They'll expect immediate returns from the new GM and coach and they won't get it, so they'll be back to firing coaches every other year. I expect a lot of top 10 picks for the niners over the next 4-5 years.

At least the niners will continue to win the offseason championships they're used to.

I actually like Baalke. Man was brilliant with Kaps contract. He needs help drafting WR tallent though.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2quxm7sl said:
Sourdough #49":2quxm7sl said:
hawknation2014":2quxm7sl said:
Sourdough #49":2quxm7sl said:
Marvin posted that he still supports Harbaugh. I am the one who is fine with him leaving. We are 2 separate people....

Try to pay a little more attention to detail. Otherwise you come across a spinmaster yourself.

Yes, he wrote that after my comment. Also after he jumped to defend your slam of Harbaugh. That's more of his cognitive dissonance in action.

Heh he said that Fangio is in charge of the D and he has control of the O. That's the only portion he agreed with. Perhaps you should go back and reread. Sounds like you need a refresher.

Exactly. He jumped in to defend that part of your slam rather than rebut your overall premise that Harbaugh is not significant to the team's success. It was only after I made my comment that he professed his undying love for Harbaugh in classic, bipolar fashion.

Classic.

Didn't profess undying love=turned completely on Harbaugh.

All I was ever saying is that Vic runs the D. That's it. Simple fact you chose to argue with.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Sourdough #49":15firriy said:
rideaducati":15firriy said:

I actually like Baalke. Man was brilliant with Kaps contract. He needs help drafting WR tallent though.

I think Keeporpick's contract was more stupidity on Keeporpick than it was brilliance on Baalke's part. Keeporpick should fire his agent. Keeporpick bet on himself and lost miserably.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":37dxmljf said:
After having Pete Carroll be so successful here, I would say that SF should try to find a coach on his second go-round to see what he learned from his first time out. Someone like Gary Kubiak, who I think could maximize the return on Colin Kaepernick, would be a good idea IMO.

Carroll attributes his own downfall in New England in part to a front office that, from the very beginning, "did not agree philosophically on many important fronts" and in part to the uncertainty that was created in the locker room due to speculation about his job status.

"The story around town was focused not on our game but on my job status, " Carroll said. "It was a terrible distraction for the entire team. I can remember stating that the front office needed to make some sort of comment to quiet the rumors that were growing each day, but the Kraft family was on vacation out of the country and couldn't be reached. Finally, on Friday, Robert Kraft made a statement saying my job was secure, but it was too late - the media already had their story, and we had a mounting distraction."

Carroll later discussed how he gathered his team together to inspire them to play freely despite the "storm that encircled the organization." This uncertainty about Carroll's job status lasted just a few days. Now imagine if Jed York had been the owner, allowing the uncertainty to percolate and gain momentum for an entire year.

It's obvious from Jed's comments that he never intended to pay JIm Harbaugh and used the lack of a Super Bowl win as an excuse to create a self-fulfilling prophecy through leaks to the media. My guess is that he now hires someone like his initial Mike Singletary hire, a popular and likeable position coach within the organization who knows absolutely nothing about what it takes to manage all elements of a franchise (i.e. someone like Jim Tomsula).

Harbaugh was the obvious choice in 2011 because he was coaching down the road and everyone wanted him. It was the sort of obvious hire that an ego-driven child like Jed York would never appreciate. Eventually, a tiger -or petulant child- always shows its stripes.

gargantual

Reaction score
rideaducati":37xsveii said:

Well that IS how they built their current team after all.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
49ers fans must be green with envy to see the settled and productive working relationship between Pete Carroll and John Schneider.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
theENGLISHseahawk":21dex343 said:
49ers fans must be green with envy to see the settled and productive working relationship between Pete Carroll and John Schneider.

It also probably helps that Paul Allen learned from meddling directly with the Blazers and knows enough now to hire excellent professionals to do their jobs and that he should then stay out of their way. Jed York, on the other hand, thinks he's Cameron Diaz in Any Given Sunday.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":11ma13rj said:
theENGLISHseahawk":11ma13rj said:

It also probably helps that Paul Allen learned from meddling directly with the Blazers and knows enough now to hire excellent professionals to do their jobs and that he should then stay out of their way. Jed York, on the other hand, thinks he's Cameron Diaz in Any Given Sunday.

I bet they wish he was Cameron Diaz.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3ubp39aj said:
It also probably helps that Paul Allen learned from meddling directly with the Blazers and knows enough now to hire excellent professionals to do their jobs and that he should then stay out of their way......
Could not agree more and it may be the biggest factor of all in the recent success of the Hawks. The Blazers are also benefitting from that approach now too.

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
A lot of signs pointing to Jim Tomsula, Who by all accounts is a great guy and a really good motivator. I for one think he is the least attractive HC candidate I could ever imagine. He had a stint as HC in NFL Europe, have no idea about his X's and O's. I am sure if he becomes HC he will sign one of the least lucrative HC contracts in the NFL. We will know why he got the job and Why Harbs is out. I couldnt be a bigger JH supporter so Im pretty bias but Tomsula just is not a HC to me. I could be very wrong, but man the fanbase doesnt want another good motivator. They wanted a winner and someone who grinds to win everyday. Not just a Yesman that Baalke and York are looking for.

rideaducati

Reaction score
HawksSoc":18jhp2jj said:
Through a name out for discussion amongst our Niner friends. , Gus Malzahn?

Throw... and I've never heard of him so he has a chance. Baalke won't hire anyone that would be able to take credit for the trash he puts out there.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
rideaducati":1m5uv8m6 said:
HawksSoc":1m5uv8m6 said:
Through a name out for discussion amongst our Niner friends. , Gus Malzahn?

Throw... and I've never heard of him so he has a chance. Baalke won't hire anyone that would be able to take credit for the trash he puts out there.

Ugh, as a kid with two college degrees, that hurts me, gonna use the late hour as an excuse :p

rideaducati

Reaction score
Doesn't matter who their new coach is, they'll suck for a few years anyway. The past two drafts have produced great backup players that get exposed when they are forced to start. Add in another bad draft after this season and they'll need a new GM before they can even attempt to move forward. That new GM will be three years behind and will take another few years to bring in decent players and with the niners not winning, he'll probably lose his job before his picks even get a chance to make a difference. I see another "decade of suck" for the whiners...or something close. No matter what, I will enjoy kicking them while they are down.

Nuck the finers.

Latest posts