Who’s your Seahawks Mount Rushmore

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Because non of those players were as great as the individuals listed. How does that not make sense to you? It wasnt a question of which team, it was which players.
Exactly. The 4 I listed are hall of famers. Russ isn’t and will never be a hall of fame quarterback. That’s like saying Trent Dilfer is a hall of famer lol

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Exactly. The 4 I listed are hall of famers. Russ isn’t and will never be a hall of fame quarterback. That’s like saying Trent Dilfer is a hall of famer lol

Russ still has a shot if he can put another couple good seasons together. Its a big "What If" though. Wags, Lynch, and some of the LOB have a chance too. Alexander still may sneak in eventually. Who knows down the line.

seabowl

Reaction score
Russ still has a shot if he can put another couple good seasons together. Its a big "What If" though. Wags, Lynch, and some of the LOB have a chance too. Alexander still may sneak in eventually. Who knows down the line.
Wagner will be a first ballot HOF. Lynch will get in too but not on first ballot. Sherm will be only LOBer to make it.

seabowl

Reaction score
Dilfers name should never be mentioned in the same sentence as Russell Wilson. Prior to two years ago Wilson in my opinion was a lock for the Hall of Fame. It’s mind-boggling to me how many people forget what he did on the field for so many years.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Because non of those players were as great as the individuals listed. How does that not make sense to you? It wasnt a question of which team, it was which players.
Wagner is first ballot hof bound. Try again.

KinesProf

Reaction score
Bobby's resume surpasses every Seahawk to ever play.

6 x 1st Team All Pro (more than Largent, Jones, Kennedy, Easley)
3 x 2nd Team All Pro
8 x Pro Bowl
1 x Super Champion
2 x NFC Champion
2010s All Decade Team (Largent, Jones, Kennedy, Easley are also all-decade)

The only thing that those guys have on Bobby are things that Bobby isn't eligible for yet - HOF and jersey retirement.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
Largent, Tez, Lynch, Chancellor

What say you?
Great topic. But as much as I loved Kam, you can't have a mount Rushmore without #45, IMO.

Edited to say : Picture Kam as also a pro-bowl level return man. And in Easley's day, players were a bit smaller than today. So basically it could be argued that he was as big as Kam while effectively returning punts. And he was also every bit as intimating as Kam, too. If you ask Ronnie Lott who the greatest safety ever was...he'll say Kenny Easley. In fairness, Easley says the same about Ronnie Lott. But I side with Lott on this one.

Last edited:

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Dilfers name should never be mentioned in the same sentence as Russell Wilson. Prior to two years ago Wilson in my opinion was a lock for the Hall of Fame. It’s mind-boggling to me how many people forget what he did on the field for so many years.
Dilfer knew how to rip it. Did he sustain it as long and well as Russ? No but there’s many similarities when you consider both had a ring leaning on all world defenses

KinesProf

Reaction score
Admittedly I didn't watch Largent. Definitely a fan fav, but didn't other Seahawk receivers beat his single-season records? (Engram, Doug, Lockett) Someone school me on his greatness. If he was a receiver in today's game, would he be dominating? What made him special?
Great for his time, but it is tough to compare player abilities in a vacuum; which can make these subjective debates both difficult and fun.

Like if you took DK and put him in the NFL during Largent's era (76-89) they would think he was an alien. Just go ball td after go ball td and 80 yard bubble screens.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
respect to largent, easley, tez, alexander, carroll, etc but my 4 are

beastmode
galloway
big walt
bam bam kam

Mick063

Reaction score
Great topic. But as much as I loved Kam, you can't have a mount Rushmore without #45, IMO.

Edited to say : Picture Kam as also a pro-bowl level return man. And in Easley's day, players were a bit smaller than today. So basically it could be argued that he was as big as Kam while effectively returning punts. And he was also every bit as intimating as Kam, too. If you ask Ronnie Lott who the greatest safety ever was...he'll say Kenny Easley. In fairness, Easley says the same about Ronnie Lott. But I side with Lott on this one.
I swear to God that the following is the truth. I wrote a letter to the Seahawk organization (the only letter I have ever written to them) begging them to draft Kenny Easley. I'm sure I had absolutely no impact on their decision, because they didn't draft Neil Lomax who was also mentioned in that same letter. I did, however, feel elated about them taking Easley. His career was short but sweet. He was widely regarded as the best player at his position for at least a couple of years.

I included Sherman because his NFCCG post-game interview with Erin Andrews probably ranks as the top two iconic moment in Seahawk history although Lynch's "beastquake" certainly can be argued to be as well. But it was Sherman's tip that created the path for Seattle's ONLY championship. Never forget that fans.

Lynch was always super impressive. Even before he landed in Seattle. The poster child of a power runner. Why did Buffalo make that trade? Talk about worst trades of all time. What were they thinking?

Someone declared Anthony Munoz to be a better tackle than Jones. Blasphemy. No offensive lineman consistently graded out better than Jones in NFL history. Period. He went on multiple game streaks where he graded out with a perfect score. You can't top perfection. You can only try to equal it when drawing comparisons. He went entire seasons of allowing the fewest sacks AND committing the fewest holding penalties.

Curt Warner's very first carry as a rookie is an extremely memorable moment to me. He is a top ten Seahawk for sure. I was giddy with excitement about a rookie being so explosive right out of the gate.

Jacob Green was every bit as good, if not better than Cliff Avril, and I hold Avril in the highest regard. He is probably the most undervalued Seahawk of all time.

John L. Williams was the best receiver out of the backfield in Seahawk history. Mack Strong was the best all-around fullback in Seahawk history. I'm talking blocking, running, and receiving. He could block downfield. He could protect the QB blindside. He could run with power. He had burst. He could catch.

No one could catch the ball in traffic like Brian Blades. He was just fearless and back then, "defenseless receiver" was the norm. Blades took the most wicked shots and still hung on. Blades is the definition of toughness.

Bobby Wagner will go down as the best linebacker in Seahawk history, he is a lock for the first ballot, and in my book, can be mentioned in the same breath as Willie Lanier, Dick Butkus, Mike Singletary, and Ray Lewis.

I have never seen a safety "blow up" pulling guards like Kam Chancellor. He is every bit as responsible for the Seahawk championship as ANYONE. He SHOWED UP for the biggest game of his career. There is something to be said for that. He set the tone, but he simply did so his entire career. Seattle's defense led several categories for multiple years for one single reason. The opposing teams were put into predictable passing downs because on first down, Kam was blowing up offensive guards. Pundits talk about defensive tackles clearing pathways for the middle linebackers to roam free. Kam was the only safety I have ever seen that could reliably fulfill that same role. In other words, he was doing defensive tackle work on first down, and then dropping back in coverage on third and long.

Steve Largent is just a legend and I'm sorry if you never got the opportunity to watch him play on a weekly basis. It is your loss because you missed out on "special". If you didn't get that opportunity, then you simply aren't qualified to determine the "Mount Rushmore" because you don't know what you don't know. Don't even go there with statistics. Rice had to break someone's records. Guess whose records those were?

Last edited: