Which Seahawk Player Annoys You The Most ?

Rob12

Reaction score
Bruce Irvin

Michael Bennett

To me, it's these two in a landslide. Both have brought off the field distractions to an organization that is keyed in on winning more championships. I'm just not a big fan of either at the moment. When an athlete does the "look at me" act with the media, it's pretty annoying.

Lockette is a distant third, because sometimes his boneheaded after the whistle stuff hurts us.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1ruu5q0i said:
Russell Wilson, everything the guy says is a cliche. He also puts off a Shaun Alexander "holier than thou" vibe. To be fair he does do good in the community and he is a decent player, it's just much of his public persona comes off as fake, and contrived to me.

I don't remember Alexander doing or saying anything?

But yes, Wilson's image is very polished and crafted by his camp. Hard to blame the guy, when you're at that level of famous, it's very hard to let your guard down because people are clawing at you constantly.

Smellyman

Reaction score
McGruff":36fkckow said:
If that is true, and increasingly it is true, then its a problem in society that needs to be corrected, not just acknowledged and certainly not condoned or excused.

Once upon a time boys became men in their mid teens. I graduated in 1990, and it was pretty much an expectation that at 18 I was to behave like an adult. Now I see young men sleeping in till noon and playing Xbox till 4pm and doing nothing with their time and everyone says "oh, they're young, they'll grow up."

All the while young women are looking for men and finding a perpetual culture of boyhood. A woman shouldn't have to teach her husband how to be a man. That's our job, and we're doing a pretty poor job of it.

Yup. Bugs me when college analysts and college forums refer to players as "kids". They are 18-23 years old for sh!t sake.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3cc07ik9 said:
theincrediblesok":3cc07ik9 said:
Spin Doctor":3cc07ik9 said:
Russell Wilson, everything the guy says is a cliche. He also puts off a Shaun Alexander "holier than thou" vibe. To be fair he does do good in the community and he is a decent player, it's just much of his public persona comes off as fake, and contrived to me.

That actually explains why your so against Wilson, makes a lot more sense now. Now I can't take any post you say about Wilson seriously, not that I did before but at least I know the reason why now.
I may hate his public personality, but I believe everything that I have said about Wilson are completely valid arguments. Ultimately I see him as a good QB, but I think he needs to show more than he has shown to deserve a contract larger than Aaron Rodgers. He is not asked to do much in this system, and does leave a lot to be desired. On the other hand he does so many things well.

I like what the guy does on the field, but I have to vomit in my mouth a little bit when I hear him speak. It reminds me a politician. I think many other people feel the same way about Wilson.

Just a quick point...Rodgers at this point in his career had 59 passes 1TD and 1INT, sat behind a HOF QB in Favre and learned the position for 3 years, and played in a way worse division defensively than Wilson has. Even his first 3 years starting he had QB ratings of 93.8, 103.2, and 101.2 with 28 TDs twice and 30 TD once. To me, that is very similar to wilson considering he also had 300 or so more passes in that stretch of time.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":335e27rm said:
Clearly some people are jealous of Wilson as a person, it's hilarious. People are annoyed with a guy who never gets in trouble, is a good guy (yes it's possible for someone to actually be a good person) a leader and is a flat out stud on the field. Just think how it would feel to have an idiot like Krapersnatch as a QB. We are lucky to have Wilson under center. I don't care about all the religious crap, it's his business. I'm not religious even a little bit, but it's his thing, so what. That has zero to do with how he plays on the field. Has it really come to that? A guy is annoying because he's focused, doesn't act like a tool etc?? He cares about his image, who gives a crap?
Why is that a bad thing? Do people WANT him to be a punk? Do they need him to get in trouble for something to feel better? Everyone has their own opinion and that's great. But why is it a bad thing for a guy to care about his image and how he carries himself??? :th2thumbs:

Ya, Wilson does not need an Adrian Peterson moment...just think about how AP was perceived only 2 years ago and then now

Anthony!

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2hrrh469 said:
Spin Doctor":2hrrh469 said:
theincrediblesok":2hrrh469 said:
Spin Doctor":2hrrh469 said:

That actually explains why your so against Wilson, makes a lot more sense now. Now I can't take any post you say about Wilson seriously, not that I did before but at least I know the reason why now.
I may hate his public personality, but I believe everything that I have said about Wilson are completely valid arguments. Ultimately I see him as a good QB, but I think he needs to show more than he has shown to deserve a contract larger than Aaron Rodgers. He is not asked to do much in this system, and does leave a lot to be desired. On the other hand he does so many things well.

I like what the guy does on the field, but I have to vomit in my mouth a little bit when I hear him speak. It reminds me a politician. I think many other people feel the same way about Wilson.

Just a quick point...Rodgers at this point in his career had 59 passes 1TD and 1INT, sat behind a HOF QB in Favre and learned the position for 3 years, and played in a way worse division defensively than Wilson has. Even his first 3 years starting he had QB ratings of 93.8, 103.2, and 101.2 with 28 TDs twice and 30 TD once. To me, that is very similar to wilson considering he also had 300 or so more passes in that stretch of time.

Dude you wasting your time, some here will never be a Wilson guy. Some hate him with a passion, and will always have something negative to say, no facts just factless negativity.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I like the vote for #12 personally.

But actual player, probably Kearse.. just because he makes insane catches but drops so many gimmes. Okung with his 12091029102 false start penalties a year also drives me up the wall.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":33exyb3v said:
WilsonMVP":33exyb3v said:
Spin Doctor":33exyb3v said:
theincrediblesok":33exyb3v said:

Dude you wasting your time, some here will never be a Wilson guy. Some hate him with a passion, and will always have something negative to say, no facts just factless negativity.

Name one Seahawks fan here who hates Russell Wilson with a passion. Just one.

Not a guy who thinks he isn't elite... not a guy who thinks he's not worth over $20 million a year... a fan who HATES him with a PASSION.

Go on.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Why does almost every freakkin' thread on this board have to be about Russell Wilson?!

I thought this thread might be different...silly me for wasting my time reading it. :roll:

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":1q9rs24t said:
Spin Doctor":1q9rs24t said:
theincrediblesok":1q9rs24t said:
Spin Doctor":1q9rs24t said:

You're shifting the goal post here. Before Rodgers signed his large contract he had won a superbowl, and he had also been named MVP. He has consistently been one of the best passers in the NFL, and not only that he's also can be a threat to take off with the ball. The current Packers team lives and dies on his arm, that is not the case with Wilson. I do not see how the two situations are equal. The fact is that Rodgers had produced more, and had more accolades when he signed his fat contract.

Anthony!

Reaction score
volsunghawk":gis94xha said:
Anthony!":gis94xha said:
WilsonMVP":gis94xha said:
Spin Doctor":gis94xha said:

Name one Seahawks fan here who hates Russell Wilson with a passion. Just one.

Not a guy who thinks he isn't elite... not a guy who thinks he's not worth over $20 million a year... a fan who HATES him with a PASSION.

Go on.

Dude if you really need me to then you have not been reading the threads over the last few years. Thought they have tried to hide the hate, buy saying a occasional good thing, it is obvious if you just read the threads.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
#12, wins in a landslide for me, and it is not even close. No I am not talking about Sam Adkins either.
I cannot remember an offseason like this. Some people hang on every Tweet, Facebook post, and Instagram, like their very lives depend on it. I guess that is the cost of winning, and the fast paced, instant gratification, world we live in. I just wish some people would chill a little more, and enjoy what we have. Everything will work itself out in time, and either way it will be one hell of a ride.

Anthony!

Reaction score
tacomahawk":xpkoz4uf said:
#12, wins in a landslide for me, and it is not even close. No I am not talking about Sam Adkins either.
I cannot remember an offseason like this. Some people hang on every Tweet, Facebook post, and Instagram, like their very lives depend on it. I guess that is the cost of winning, and the fast paced, instant gratification, world we live in. I just wish some people would chill a little more, and enjoy what we have. Everything will work itself out in time, and either way it will be one hell of a ride.

I would agree #12 gets my vote.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
I used to enjoy Baldwin's angry schtick, but not so much anymore.

Anyone else notice how the SB turned around after his end zone antics?

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
LymonHawk":2gs8kkc4 said:
I used to enjoy Baldwin's angry schtick, but not so much anymore.

Anyone else notice how the SB turned around after his end zone antics?
Doug Baldwin pisses me off too, the guy just never will shut up. He's always pissed off at something, and in the end he does foolish things such as the super bowl end zone antics. I think my most hated Seahawk at the moment though is Irvin.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Smellyman":108iyjce said:
Yup. Bugs me when college analysts and college forums refer to players as "kids". They are 18-23 years old for sh!t sake.

It is a proven fact that the human brain has not reached maturity until the age of 23 -24. When one is past 60, then anyone under 25 is a "kid"....sorry that you find that "offensive".

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Regarding Wilson are there still fans out there who don't think his whole act is at least partially put on? (That's not to say fans should especially care) I mean, he becomes this big-time player, divorces his wife and is all of a sudden bounces around from celeb to celeb. He's become sort of a diva in everything but how he talks to the media. I still think he still does a ton for the community and is a good guy. But kind of fake in many ways? Absolutely, almost definitely. But he's also my QB and I love the guy and hope he never goes. But as fans let's not bury our heads in the sand and think he's perfect.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
McGruff":3edgbuf9 said:
Donn2390":3edgbuf9 said:
Just because they are big, strong, talented, and very wealthy, they're still immature children. You must remember, most of these players are in their 20's and far from grown up and mature. Which one of you can honestly say you were a mature adult before you were 30?
It's even worse for these guys because they have had their collective azzes kissed all their lives and never had to grow up and be responsible for their actions.. Rich and talented doesn't make you a man...!!
Every time I get upset by some players actions, I have to stop and remember we're dealing with kids...

Bull . . . and I would add to that word if my conscience didn't prevent me.

I'm going to rant here. Forgive me. I am sick of adult men in particular being called "kids" and their behavior excused on that account. We have to either start holding young men accountable or the age of adulthood will continue to be pushed back. They don't need us fans to excuse their poor behavior. They need us to call them out and up to a higher standard.

When I was 25 I was married, about to be a father, working fulltime and volunteering my time and energy outside of my family and work place. So were most of my friends. We were responsible, contributing citizens. And I am not THAT much older than these guys.

I know some of them have come from bad backgrounds, and I am sympathetic to the reality of arrested development in many of those situations. I also know that they had access of adult mentors in the form of coaches, counselors, pastors and countless others. At any point in their lives, in fact at every point in all of our lives, we face a choice whether we are going to live to gratify our instant desires and express our infant emotions, or whether we are going live for something greater. Whether that is reputation, legacy, God, or something else is up to them to decide, but they have to decide. And at 24, 25, 26 years old you ought to be able to make that choice and be held accountable to it.

Sorry for the rant. I work with youth and young adults on a daily basis, and the lack of maturity allowed in our culture, especially in young men, is appalling and only contributes to their immaturity. When you graduate from high school, and especially college, its time to put down the Xbox controller, turn off twitter, and pick up a book, get a job, and grow up. Be a man, not a boy.

You also pissed on the sidewalk while drunk and believe that the way someone sins can be measured... John 8:7 "Let those without sin cast the first stone." But like yeah, I help people too.