Which moment sold you on Wilson?

The Radish

Reaction score
wolfpack05":1oyvdvpp said:
Sophomore year at State. Thought he'd be a top 10 pick if he was a few inches taller. He was THAT good. Carried our team for 3 years. The things he would do to keep drives alive at State made you shake your head at times.

I laughed when Wisconsin fans were doubting he would even start when he first joined. I knew he would win them over quickly.

Same thing happened with Seahawks fans when he was first drafted. Didn't take long for RW to take over.

Kid is a winner. He is special and he does something special on the field just about every game.

I'm a Seahawk fan because of RW.

Welcome to Seahawks.net

:th2thumbs:

Jayburd14

Reaction score
About a month after the draft I couldn't sleep so I was flipping channels and I saw the replay of the Rose Bowl. I was so excited that we got this guy, that was my moment.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Either the Flynn fans are avoiding this thread or people are lying to themselves. I was in the minority of the Wilson fan club last year for a good half of the season and continually got slammed for it.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":7jrr1o76 said:
I'd say Russell is more than good. Bringing a team from 20 down in the NFC divisional round, if he gets the ball back with 15 more seconds against the Falcons do you doubt he wins that game?

No one is putting him in the Hall of Fame but to deny he's an elite QB is just silly.

One game does not make a QB more than good. Even Tebow was instrumental in the Broncos beating the Steelers in the '11-12 season playoffs and yet he's not even good, all right, average, or even below average. Besides, if RW were an elite QB that day, would we have fallen behind by 20 points to begin with? QBs cannot be elite after one single season. They can be well on their way, and RW certainly looks to be on his way, but he's not there yet. Saying he isn't there yet isn't silly or pessimistic or boring or sacrilegious or whatever other perceived aversion our board members are motivated by. It's rational and rationality is in fact a good thing!

Yakima Hawkster

Reaction score
I thought he should be the starter last year during pre-season. He convinced me that he's something special during his second game winning drive of the Chicago game.